Reviews for Tales of a Merc
Guest chapter 7 . 11/8/2012
seems a bit off that a "Pirate" target is located so close to a town that has a Hotel. I would have expected the "Pirates" to be further away from civilisation.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/8/2012
John must be a real fool if he didn't know his own mech had a battery radio - he should know that thing inside out.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
If he is "Leader of the shadow Slayers" and its more than just him, the other warriors should have been introduced before this. If not, its pretentious to call him "leader of the Shadow Slayers".
Guest chapter 3 . 11/8/2012
Fine
Guest chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
"payed" should be "paid"
bit unbelievable that the unit consisted of just 1 Atlas and 1 Commando before the Sally was killed, and now its just him and a dropship.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
good Start - gets reader's attention
Texray1 chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
Pretty good start. I hope you plan on finishing this.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 7 . 9/8/2012
John's definitely working for some competent commanders. After all, taking out an enemy's air capabilities makes for a solid strategic advantage, and the raid went without a hitch. The enemy assault lance is still out there, though! I bet John's going to run into them before long.

I hope that John gets some development soon as a person. So far, his only real backstory is that his commander gave him control of a merc unit that's currently very small. I imagine that such development might happen a little later when the shooting dies down.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 6 . 8/28/2012
That was a tense moment, and I hope that John gets his chance to test his combat skills against pirates soon... as long as he doesn't get in over his head!
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 5 . 8/24/2012
And now the fun part starts. John is setting out with Dead-Eye and company and I definitely hope that that report of pirate activity turns out to be true. It's about time for a 'mech fight!
RougeBaron chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
This is as faithful as it can be to the VG, but different enough not to look like a carbon copy. You certainly have skills to make it interesting. Good job. The only problem I can see is I already know what the next chapter is about (since I play the game). You may need to think about something radical to keep it interesting.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
That description of Venza's landscape and city was much appreciated, and now John has formalized his contract on this world. I get the feeling that everything will become FUBAR at some point... we'll see!
RougeBaron chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Aaahhh, the nostalgia...

It sounds promising. I'll keep reading.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 3 . 8/20/2012
So, a slow but necessary interlude chapter where John prepares for touchdown on Venza. He does have a little preparing to do, and it should be fun to see what kind of people and work are coming up ahead.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 2 . 8/20/2012
Lucky for John that he has a fairly safe and good-paying assignment like this one available. With just a dropship and a Commando, there's not much he can do by himself very much until he adds up enough C-Bills for extra 'mechs! As soon as he has a lance put together, I bet that he'll be ready for battle.