Reviews for Deep Water
snow6835 chapter 5 . 9/20/2012
That was an amazing end to an awesome story! Loved that Tom and the others got one over Q while getting some pretty useful keepsakes. And what's Tom hiding under those shirts?! Scars? Burns? ...Six pack abs? My brain is coming up with all sorts of possibilities at this late hour.
CrlkSeasons chapter 5 . 9/20/2012
I do love that Tom can one day tell Miral stories about the little mermaid and the gift drawn from deep water.
I also enjoyed when they passed the "Very Toothy Things". I always appreciate technical jargon. The "fleeting blink-and-you-miss-it grin" was a rare and welcome glimpse under the surface of the enigma that is Mike Ayala. And I like that "Deanna Troi the professional empath ... is not an idiot ... and quickly decides that now is a good time to give up her battle with nausea", thereby further demonstrating her increasing aptitude for tactics."
These can all now join 'brown paper packages tied up with strings' as a few of my favorite things.
Anke chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
Have I told you, how much I love this story? You’ve created such a wonderful world and of course it’s really fun to read – especially when Q turns up.
„Q's favourite little Klingon lady“!? ROTFL – I wonder who B’Elanna would respond to that. But Q is absolutely right for our heroes needing a little pressure to accomplish their tasks. Escaping only one minute before total destruction would be just too boring :-)
And sorry for nitpicking again, but the Enterprise NCC-1701-E is Sovereign-Class .
CrlkSeasons chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
This is a beautiful interlude of innocence and delight. I can imagine Tom weaving details from this experience into future stories that he will tell Miral about her favorite mermaid.
I also very much enjoyed the touches of the smartass and the earthy in this chapter. In addition to the already noted missing shirt, I appreciated learning that "Starfleet issue underwear usually has that effect". It is always good to know these things ahead of time so that one can be prepared.
I also liked that Deanna got to make use of Lwaxana's strong character when Deanna "puts her hands on her hips and channels her mother". After so many years of enduring the negative side effects of Lwaxana's forcefulness it was good to see Deanna getting some positive value from that part of her mother's character.
angelscatie chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Great chapter. I love it how you managed to get a Tom Paris without his shirt. I'm glad that Tom have his shirt...that token might be what Q is looking for. Please update soon.
tayababy chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Only Tom Paris would have a mermaid experience... and it's almost like cosmic karma that Q has little access to this world too :P
point-blank47 chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Is it *really, really* shallow of me that at the end of this chapter my main thought was: "Yes! After 7 TV seasons with no success, Alpha Flyer actually manages to get Tom Paris to take his shirt off!"

Yes, I thought so.

(You didn't ever read "Wet Magic" by E. Nesbit when you were a child, by any chance? That flashed into my mind last chapter, so I wasn't at all surprised to see merpeople appearing)
Nana Evans chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Mermaids! Why haven't I thought of that?!
I'm guessing they're what, or better who, Q was looking for, right?
Oh, and I would love to see the face of the Admiral who's going to read this report... "In stardate ***** we were kidnapped by Q and ended up paying a visit to the merpeople..."

waiting for the next one!
badmelk chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
cool visuals on this one. beautiful :)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Thank you, my darling. For two reasons, and only the first one personal.

1. "What else could they toss if they had the manpower, and with transporters off-line? Barring a few muttered smartass suggestions, about the only thing left are the warpcore or the entire star drive section."

Smartass? Yes. But very rarely muttered. ;-)

2. "Deanna feels okay about being in charge, but less good about her options. The last time she was in charge of the ship, she crashed it. For perfectly valid reasons and to good effect, of course, but still … She's often heard Tom and B'Elanna's jokes about their former XO and his record with Voyager's shuttles, and the last thing she wants is a reputation for destroying Galaxy-class ships."

Well. To quote Marina Sirtis on Troi's Chakotay-esque flying, 'I was pissed when I finished the movie script. Because, I mean, the first guy to drive the Enterprise was the BLIND GUY, and then we had THE CHILD driving- and never a scratch on it!. . But, ya know, in all fairness to Troi... that planet really came out of no where.'

This shall henceforth be referred to as the Troi alibi. Maybe Chuckles should borrow it?
snow6835 chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Ahhh loved it. Merkids were an awesome addition and I'm betting the pearl and Alarra are part of what Q wants to know about perhaps?
Nana Evans chapter 3 . 9/5/2012
I guess that if they haven't found what they're looking for, they're pretty close. A whole race that cannot be touched by the Q (considering the whole water issue) seems like a good enough reason to send an involuntary investigation mission to the bottom of the ocean.

So, until now we have two Starfleet officers turned into aquatic creatures, one starship turned into a glorified boat, a pseudo-submarine that can't do much underwater, some poisonous creature that hides on the floor and a sub aquatic civilization. Can't wait to see what you will come up next!

Waiting for the next one!
tayababy chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
hmmm, interesting. Just like Tom Paris to get himself into that much trouble so damn quickly. Apparently, no one ever taught him that curiosity killed the cat :P
Runawaymetaphor chapter 3 . 9/1/2012
"Thousands of fish – in shapes that range from the thinnest, undulating string to spiked, tufted and veiled phantasms, all extravagantly coloured – drift in and out of the ruins in small clouds. A handful of bigger, darker specimen move in deliberate and solitary grace among them; occasionally one drops the you-can't-see-me-because-I'm-slow-and-harmless routine and snaps at an unsuspecting victim, resulting in the brief and spectacular panicked dispersal of a rainbow cloud or two. Playing the odds of their great numbers, the denizens of the schools soon recombine into their favourite formations though, and settle back into their well-rehearsed dance."

My favorite collage of images of all those that you have, to date, created. I should think your child is supremely proud of this latest work of her mother's.

Oh. And to continue the 'suggestions' from my last review:

5. Jorak's hidden pile of Zumba workout vids.
6. B'Elanna's copies of the self-help series *Men Are from Mars... So Why Are They All PetaQs?*
CrlkSeasons chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
Very pretty undersea vistas - pearlescent shimmers, translucent jellyfish and schools of yellow-and-purple fish. This makes it easy to let down one's guard. Danger, when it comes, is unexpected. It is probably wise that Tom occasionally exercises that newly acquired sense of restraint, even if he does sometimes forget his place in the Starfleet food chain, not to mention his place in the undersea food chain. We can only hope that Tom quickly makes friends in low places.
65 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »