Reviews for Deep Water
CrlkSeasons chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
It was lovely to read your opening tribute to Neil Armstrong who handled his role in history with grace.
I do look forward to the unfolding undersea adventure with all of your Tom touches - the fun, "Tom would probably find the funny in this whole situation," and "Miral's favourite princess ... a mermaid that looks a bit like a younger version of Dr. Crusher," as well as the capable and the insightful, "Tom had learned ... never to leave his quarters without a phaser strapped to his hip," and "obviously - as Tom had suggested - Q's alleged omniscience doesn't extend to watery depths".
I must say though, that what I enjoyed the most in this chapter was your inclusion of such a variety of capable women in positions of authority. Deanna Troi, "to hell with the nice and warm counselor routine" and unlike some ... Deanna Troi knows how to delegate". Beverley may be surprised, but rightly assumes "that there must be a good reason for Troi's request," not to mention B'Elanna who has no qualms about storming onto the bridge when she believes it is necessary, Ogawa who assesses and manages the needs in sickbay while Beverley is busy, and even the more single minded Petra Chan who has her department well under control in these unusual circumstances.
angelscatie chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
Great chapter like usual. I really like how you are writing their adventures in the water. Keep up the good work.
Anke chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
I love Deanna taking charge of the Enterprise. I always thought there is more in her then just being pretty and kind. After all she is an Starfleet officer. Wonderful chapter, I’m eager to know what Tom and Will will find.
Anke chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Wow, this is so hilarious – when I red the first paragraph I pictured Tom and Will with fish-tails, like merman, but gills are also fine :-)
Loved especially the line "But what is he doing here? Isn't that Kathy's Helmboy? Aren't you on the wrong ship? Not to mention the wrong side of the galaxy?" and the water pistol and Q imitating Janeway.
(Sorry for not reviewing for such a long time, but I was away on holiday – which was great – and the internet there was broke – which was not so great :-) )
MeredithBrody chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEP Q is a naughty boy! I do love the way you write these folks! They work so well together.
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
This is great! Loved Tom's back-talk to Q! And...just
to show where my head is, when Tom said, "Just keep
swimming" I thought of Dori in "Finding Nemo". Looking
forward to the next chapter.
Nana Evans chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I'm still laughing imagining Tom and Will with gills (oh, God, it even rhymes!)
And I never thought the Q would have any weakness, so I'm really curious about what would be so important that Q would risk looking weak.
Waiting for the next one!
point-blank47 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Stupid site took half-an-hour to let me log in last night, and by then I'd forgotten what I wanted to say. I still have :-) - apart from my apologies for not reviewing recently, which is really bad of me.

Anyway, this is really strange: earlier this week I was watching one of The Animated Series DVDs which I'd got out on rental, and one of the episodes had Kirk and Spock turned into gilled creatures by the underwater denizens of a planet - and they grew webbed hands and all. Then I look in here and find this! Is that weird or what, or are you just a mind-reader?!

Love your Q, BTW. And "Maybe omniscience also doesn't include regular briefings on Starfleet personnel movements?" And Ayala and the water-pistol. And am eagerly waiting for more whenever the mood takes you :-)
badmelk chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
haha! vaguely fishy! awesome :)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
"Just keep swimming, Tom tells himself."

An adorable little allusion, even if the implied innocence of it is belied by "...and B'Elanna … well, let's just say, his wife's romantic streak was pretty vigorous the night before."

Interesting that regardless of whether you're weaving intricate patterns out of dark political threads, or making your readers' sides split with incredulous laughter, your authorial mind inevitably circles back around to the dirty.

Don't think I haven't noticed- because I have, and so thoroughly approve. ;-)
PickleBrandenboughj chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I loved it, you did Q extremely well. I really liked his new dark side, and especially liked the idea of Tom being Riker's XO. I can't wait for more!
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Even though I have yet to venture into your post-Endgameverse, I could not resist diving into this piece. Because it's Q, and your writing, and that combination alone is enough to secure this reader.

I love the whole set-up of this, with Q's random appearance to the job that he forces upon our unwitting characters, to the surprise that he bestows upon Tom and and Riker. The delightful jab about Q and his lack of fondness for water was very amusing (and really, deserved on Q's part ;P).

I'm also loving the crew combinations here. Like I said, having not read the other stories I'm not up to date, but the combination of my two favourite crews is a welcome sight :)

You also write Q brilliantly. I loved his teasing, and his literal impersonation of Janeway was hilarious (now if only we could see her reaction to that!). I heard all his dialogue in the voice of the great John De Lancie, and that, to me, is one of the most critical things about writing any character, so kudos to you!

I love this and will be back for more.

CP7
snow6835 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Lol, wow. You sure know how to throw Tom and Will into new situations together and all because they couldn't keep quiet. Hilariousness shall ensue I predict. Can't wait to find out what Q is looking for.
winjan chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
LOL, this definitely sounds like a fun story.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Ah, a Q story. Excellent! Can't wait for more!
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »