Reviews for The Fifth Founder
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Is this really a one shot, or just the first chapter of a longer story? That being said, I do like the concept and the characters. The play script format felt a little awkward, but if you decide to continue this one, I would read it.
AmzyD chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Well, I certainly don't read fics set out in this way often, but I must say, you made me really enjoy it! Nice subtle humor, not at all "cringe-y". Well done!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Haha, this is a very cute concept! You don't usually find well-written script-type fics (read - my old fics) but this is very clever. You had a very nice grasp of the mystery genre here so well done! I liked your little inclusion of random facts - like the idea that Frank is a Slytherin (I really liked that spin). But yes, very well written, and I enjoyed the banter between the brothers and the readers. :D
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
The script format on this was very interesting and made it even more fun to read. I was smiling all the way through it - Matthew and Frank were really fun characters and I liked Nearly Headless- Oops, I mean "Sir Nicholas" ;)
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Interesting idea, and surprisingly good. Well done for trying something different, not many people would have the courage to write something in script format. But I like Matthew, and he sort of fits this whole set-out. Good work :) Oh,just to point out, this isn't a one-shot so I'm not sure it qualifies :/ Never mind it was still nice. :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
A few things: I thought script format was against FF rules? Also, I'm not sure this qualifies as a one-shot, as it's incomplete... Even without the rules, I'm still not sold on the format; it was hard for me to really get into it, and think the mystery would be better without breaking the fourth wall and incorporating the readers so much. I love the idea you wanted to explore of there being a fifth founder, but it isn't in this part of the story, so it's hard to really commentate on it. I like the characterizations of Neville's kids and the premise very much. There are a few spelling/grammar/typo errors though, and I would've much preferred to see this complete.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Wow, way to really step out of the box for this one. I like the overall plot of this story, and I think Matthew is a really awesome character. That being said, I think the script format kind of threw me off. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea and I applaud you for the attempt, but I feel like it took a potentially dramatic and humorous story and made it read a little bit more like it was a parody. Other than that, though, I feel like you did a great job! Nice idea.
Tammi-Stark chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This was ok. I kind of liked it. I am not a big fan of scriptsbut it really did fit Matthew. I don't think there were any mistakes.
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Interesting! Haven't read one like this in eons. It's pretty good, and kinda funny too... I can definitely see the personalities of the two boys from this.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I normally don't like stories written in script format but I think that you have done it well and I do like this. I like the fact that there is a fifth founder and the fact that it is a quest. I also like how you have used Neville's children and I like your writing style. Good :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I'm curious as to who the fifth founder is now! Very interesting way of writing it.
the lola chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Hehe, this was a really fun story. I like these characters, and it seems great fun wondering Hogwarts with no one else there! I liked the inclusion of us as readers, and I liked the playful banter between the two brothers. I was interested, though, to see where you would go with this mysterious fifth founder. Great way of telling a story!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
oooh I really like this! It's well written, comical and with a bit of detective work in it (loving the script format). I like the idea of having a fifth founder and I can't wait to find out who it is :) I hope you continue this.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Huh, this was really creative. I don't think I've ever read a fic in script format, apart from parodies of the movies and such, and I think it was an original idea to write a normal fanfiction that way, and to incorporate the readers into it. I haven't really seen that much before. I like the characters of Matthew and Frank, and I think that their personalities are definitely shown well here. The idea of the fifth founder is intriguing, and I don't believe that I've heard that before either - overall, it's a very unique idea, and it's always nice to see something completely original like that. I like the small parts that the Bloody Baron and Nearly Headless Nick have, and I like that you included the canon characters. Nice job!
still kat chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I'm intrigued. The mystery of the fifth founder seems very interesting and I really like how you've done it in script. For some strange reason, it's very enjoyable and easy to read. I think Matthew, or the way you wrote him, is a great person to embark on this sort of journey. I hope you write again, soon.