Reviews for Saved
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 15 . 12/9/2012
I've not had time to read more of this for over a week but I'm back now to carry on where I left off, it's good to get reacquainted with your story!

I thought the chess game Harry and Draco played was brilliant, really well written and honestly the whole chess scene had me reading really quickly I was so eager to find out what their questions and answers to each other would be. I had a feeling it might not end well though but the way Harry just ended up hugging Draco at the end of the chapter, that was so touching. I really liked the way you ended that argument on a positive rather than have them fight again properly, it shows how they're both changing I think. I liked that a lot.

I think people have said this in reviews before (I do sometimes scan through reviews of fics I like just to see how other people have been reacting and rating them), and I'm still really unsure about Mr. Muller. There's just something about his character that makes me wary. It may just be because he's an original character and I just don't know much about him compared to what we all know about Harry and Draco but I don't know what to make of him just yet. As a character in general though, I do like him, I think you've kept what we see of his personality consistent and he does seem to actually be helping Harry so I suppose that's a few points in his favour!

Well, I hope I can read a few more chapters of this today, who knows, maybe one day soon I'll actually be up to date with your fic! *shock*
heather1994 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Just found your story and I adore it! Best fic I have read in a while. I love the characters they all seem really real and pretty much in character. I can tell I am going to have fun reading this fic, and Im pretty sure that there are going to be lots of twists and turns to come! I love the dynamic between Harry and Draco its all pretty much perfect in my books! I'm chomping at the bit for more and I urge you to update soon to satisfy my needs haha! xox
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 14 . 11/27/2012
::gasp:: This was wonderful! Just when I feared things might get a little too friendly between them, Draco had to come in with his, "How reassuring, Potter." and I knew you were just playing with us!

I thought this chapter was really touching, the way Draco cleaned Harry up and genuinely cared showed a clear shift in their relationship but the fact that Harry acknowledged it (even if only to himself) was rather clever of you. Usually, we see things as the audience that the characters aren't aware of until later on, so for Harry to see the change between him and Draco as well made it all the more significant I thought.

Even when Draco's being nicer, I love that he's still very much Draco. Perhaps just without the sneer.
Lines like:

"It's always going to be Malfoy—" a deliberate pause and then, "—Harry, not Potter."

You've definitely perfected the characterisation for this fic I think, it especially comes through with Draco but I am a bit biased towards him anyway.

I thought the last line of this chapter was particularly good too, it felt like a good place to end things but it still leaves us with an awful lot of questions about what might happen next!
I feel like I haven't rambled at you quite as much this time, it's been a busy day but I'll read at least part of the next chapter this evening and hopefully it won't take me long to catch up to your latest chapter.

I so happy to be reading this again, you never disappoint!
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 13 . 11/27/2012
I'm back to read a few more chapters this evening :D

First of all, this line stood out for me near the beginning:

"He felt as if he were only a passenger in the vessel that was his body, as if someone else were manning the wheel, and Harry could feel his anger wanting to lash out."
It's extremely powerful and I thought it was so well done, not too long but it explains perfectly how Harry's feeling. How out of control things are that even he can feel it.

I really quite like how it's Draco that always seems to be around at the right time to be there for Harry when he needs it. To come to the rescue as it were. I feels like at this point, Draco is the only person who is there for him really as Ron and Hermione don't seem to know how to act when they're all together. I like that it's Draco who seems to understand and it makes sense really, Draco loss a lot because of the war as well which we're starting to see as he gets to know Harry more.

The part when Harry thought the glass was borrowing into his skin was a bit hard for me to read, it's something I have a bit of a phobia of, things getting into and literally under my skin. The fact that I found it hard to read proves you've written it really well; it seemed so real to me, maybe in part because to Harry it was real so that really came across well in your writing. His panic and fear felt really genuine.

But wait... that ending! I didn't see that coming but maybe I should have what with Draco's thoughts of hurting Harry, in a way this is a logical step. I love it!
So very well done though, I'm actually always impressed with your plot, each time I read a chapter there's always something I didn't expect to happen and dialogue that is spot on for each character. This chapter was no exception!
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 12 . 11/25/2012
First of all I think that given how long all your other chapters have been, you certainly shouldn't feel bad for having a shorter one here and there :)

I think this chapter gave us a good look at Harry and Draco's relationship; I know they're not friends really and it seems that even they don't know what they are to each other. Draco clearly does care a little bit about Harry or he wouldn't have given him the potion for his headache (I'm not sure I'd call cinnamon and beetle shell a potion but I suppose it is really... a very basic one) or saved his life before for that matter. But the way the chapter ended shows they still don't really know how to behave with one another or how to not bicker and taunt each other, it's a nice progression to watch which I think is why I enjoyed this chapter so much.

I actually like the chapter length because it makes this feel like a short interlude to just look closer at Harry and Draco's relationship and how it's slowly changing. It's also a nice break from all the angst I love so much, the change in pace keeps things refreshing I think so you shouldn't feel bad about this chapter. I don't know if you've made changes or anything since you first posted but I for one really like this.
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 11 . 11/25/2012
Oh wow I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy your story! And I see I really have missed an awful lot of updates, I hope to catch up properly during the upcoming week, providing work doesn't get in the way of that or anything.

I still think you write the best descriptions; when Harry hears the voices when he's with Hermione at the beginning of the chapter, your descriptions of the changes in him as they take over are mainly what make that whole scene so good because they make it seem so real. I can always picture your dramatic scenes so clearly and I love that.
Hermione's reactions to Harry when he's 'possessed' (I don't know what else to call it at this point) add even more tension to the beginning of the chapter.
I thought this line:

"His pupils were dilated, making his eyes darker, and there was a certain glint, a madness that she couldn't recognize."

was especially good as it shows how dramatic the changes in Harry are; Hermione knows that he's 'bonkers' and not well really, but this is a dramatic change even to her and it's not the usual sort of 'madness' she's used to seeing from Harry.
I just had to start with all that about the beginning of the chapter because I really did think it was a great opening scene!

I really liked the way Harry suddenly seems to realise that he's not the only one suffering when Draco gives him his Dreamless Sleep potion. I think Harry knew that it wasn't just him who suffered from the war but it seems as though it's only then that he actually starts to believe it. Even though it's just a small part in the chapter it seemed like a bit of a turning point for Harry so I'm glad you put it in there.

That was a good twist with the mixed potions I have to say, my natural reaction was the same as Harry's - Draco must have done something to the Dreamless Sleep potion. I liked that it wasn't that, in a way it would have been too easy because that's what we all expect from Draco, or at least from pre-war Draco. I really like how you write these two together, their interactions always feel exactly right to me, just the right amount of baiting and taunting each other but there's always that underlying hint of a friendship and a like for each other that they don't want to acknowledge yet.
Although I am rather curious by Draco's urges to hurt Harry, it's very interesting whenever he expresses it so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with that later on and how their relationship might change. I have a feeling there are a lot of different ways things could go from this point, it's quite exciting!

I liked the ending a lot, they have a friendship of sorts behind closed doors and when the situation is right it seems... I'm so glad to be reading this again, I'll make a start on the next chapter now but I doubt I'll finish it this evening (I'm up horribly early for work in the morning) but this is really such a wonderful story, I'm just sorry I wasn't able to read it for a while.
Dancing Octopus chapter 17 . 11/22/2012
AWESOME STORY! I can't wait to read more. My favourite part of the story is when Harry doesn't know what he is doing (don't know how to say it but it's parts like when he was going to kill him self and that type) and then Draco swoops in and saves the day. It's the way you write it that is just... Beautiful. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you a lot.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Have you given up on this?
Anna chapter 13 . 11/5/2012
When are you next going to update? I know you have said before that you have a social life but I just had to ask anyway haha. I'm just scared that you will forget about/give up on this fic (that always seems to happen when I find a new fic that I love as much as this). Anyway much love, and happy writing! x
MagicWorld chapter 13 . 10/29/2012
Omg I love you and this fic! Update soon pls?
Heather chapter 17 . 10/25/2012
As far as characters go I don't trust Mr Muller at all, i know i have said it before but he is a bad'un I can feel it haha. Also disappointed in Ron and Hermione for not being more understanding but you really can't blame them for their reactions. It was nice that hermione realised that Draco could calm him down and help him, while Ron thought he was making him worse. I hope the trio can make up at some point but I ant see that happening for a long time.
Heather chapter 17 . 10/25/2012
Woo I loved it! They are getting along now but it's not ooc and it works really well. You have made the trasnition from enemy to well whatever you would call this very well haha. I personally liked the part where Draco was pulling glass from Harrys arm and cut him. Something about it changed the whole dynamic of their relationship. It may have been a violent gesture but it showed so much understanding and I just thought it was such a Draco thing to do. Can't wait for more!
smak978 chapter 17 . 10/19/2012
Yay! A new chapter always leaves me smiling
Hmm, my favourite part so far is definately that hug above :P I also loved the entire chapter 12 and 13 :)
I don't trust Mr Muller though, he seems dodgey to me...I like all your characters, I'm just not trusting him :P
GatesofShadows91 chapter 17 . 10/19/2012
Mokuren no Ken chapter 17 . 10/17/2012
I really loved the part when Draco intervened
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »