Reviews for The First Time
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
This is one of the best fan fics I have read in a long time. Please make another JBM/Ruth fanfic. We need a lot more of them and I ship Joseph and Ruth. I read and reread this story a lot because Joseph and Ruth were and still are my favorite couple on Hell on Wheels. I hope Eddie Spears comes back for Season 4. Keep up the good work and please write more!

Question: Do you think Joseph and Ruth became intimate after their kiss or after the night of the dance or after that?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Go to the AMC offices and apply for a job as one of the writers AT ONCE. Attach the above piece to your resume. You are brilliant. This is a brilliant piece of work. You are so talented. Keep up the good work!

BTW, I'm sure you already guessed, I'm a huge Joseph/Ruth love story fan!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
these 2 are my favorute couple on Hell on Wheels. i melted when they kissed in the 1st season which i think was the first time they made love {passionate kissing, camera focusing on the lantern while they were blurred in the background which is an old hollywood to imply sex]. i agree joseph more interesting [and attractive] than cullen. ruth getting an eyeful of joseph bathing was a nice touch;]
jedidah chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
This is well written. And I adore Joseph/Lily.
audrey.evans.5 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I really like them together! Great job.
The Yankee Countess chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
These two are my favorite pairing on "Hell on Wheels", which I just started watching; caught up on Season 1 right before the second season aired, and I can't deny I was surprised by the sudden "jump" their relationship had taken, where they were kissing for the first time near the end of the first season...to being in bed together in the first episode of season 2! I worry about them, though; Joseph is such an intriguing character (in all honesty, I find him much more interesting than Cullen) and I worry that the show will in some ways "ignore" him, as I felt they did a little during season 1. Also makes me worry that if the show is moving so "quickly" with their relationship, that something bad may happen (which I'm hope I'm wrong about!)

Anyway, this is a long-winded way of me saying I really enjoyed your story, and I'm so glad someone out there has written a Joseph/Ruth fic! Hope you write more!
G-G-Ghost chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
This was very sweetly written. I like how shy yet oddly forward Ruth comes across here and the quiet, tragic undertones that characterize their coupling.

I hope to see more from you :)