Reviews for The Devil and His Doll
UnrequitedGale chapter 1 . 3/11
Where on earth are you :( So cruel to leave such an amazing story. Hope that you update soon, can't wait.
bubble bubble toil and trouble chapter 18 . 1/2
This is an awesome story - I love the way that you write Bonnie and Damon and your style! I am itching for an update. 3
Guest chapter 18 . 12/18/2014
we miss you.
goldngrl98 chapter 18 . 12/5/2014
At this point, not sure how many times I've re-read this story. And I never get tired of them. Please don't stop writing for this story. It's just too good to give up on. Your characterization of Bonnie and Damon are so on point and perfect. You're one of two stories that I ever review, because your writing is simply that amazing. I miss your updates. Please don't stop writing.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
this story is amazing! please update soon!
Guest chapter 18 . 9/1/2014
Hello?
Guest chapter 18 . 7/16/2014
Hello
I've just finished your story . It was amazing i'm waiting for next chapters i hope you continu this story because it's wonderful ️️️
damonismyhomeboy chapter 18 . 6/23/2014
What an amazing story! I love the extremely slow burn and development of their relationship. After all, the beauty of Bamon is that it's gradual. Your writing is absolutely superb, my dear. I also love how you mentioned the racial privilege Damon has, which is an issue left untouched by most Bamon stories, but very necessary in my opinion. Your insights on the characters are really interesting to read as well. The sexual tension is killing me, my goodness! But I know that, with their gradual journey, the sexy times will be worth waiting for!
I see that you haven't updated in quite some time, but I really hope you decide to continue this story! It's a gem, truly.
Guest chapter 9 . 6/10/2014
This story is awesome! !
Nightgirl chapter 18 . 6/5/2014
Ok i khow u have a life and everything but come on i think u have enough time for one update i dont wanna be rude it's just that i LOVE UR STORY plzzz keep on writing it's an amazing story and i love the way U write it so i'm begging u not to give up this story and ur fans . :))
intothelight chapter 18 . 5/21/2014
Please update. No rush, take your time. I'll just sit here in front of my computer and patiently wait. As you can see, I'm a huge fan of this story. Your story.
MsJanay16 chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
Love the story. I wish they would just give in to each other already.

Update Soon.
Trinity71 chapter 18 . 5/6/2014
Here's me hoping Bonnie would take Damon up on his offer. LOL.
Thanks for the update.
ishipwhateverthefuckiwantto chapter 16 . 5/5/2014
I loved the mood at the start of this chapter; Bonnie and Damon still feeling so affected by the conversation they had the night before, speaking softly to each other. Bonnie nonchalantly using her magic to do something as simple as washing the breakfast dishes and then offering to make some tea for Damon, it was very domestic. Her teasing him about his need to have everything organized ina ccertain way was funny and cute...and then, as it should have, then mood hit a decline. They're getting closer but they still have a ways to go.

I also loved how Bonnie kept telling him not to underestimate her and that she would do whatever she needed to break their bond. And his reaction to it was perfect, lol...basically like "Damn, you really hate me." He wants to hold on to that bond so badly...trying to knock her confidence in her capabilities, as if he wasn't just sitting there in awe of her moments ago, lol...

Something else I noticed is how they both cause self-loathing in the other. Her disgust of him makes him feel like the terrible person he is; her changing feelings toward him makes her feel like she's a bad person because how could she start to like him when she's aware of what a monster he's capable of being:

"To onlookers it would have looked like a romantic moment stolen by the two in the mountain's solitude. Instead it was a war, not with each other, but within themselves."

They're both fighting what they feel; Damon's fighting it in the name of Katherine because everything he's done has been to reunite with what's supposed to be his the love of his life and Bonnie's fighting for the sake of her morals. But what's most important is that wonderful kiss, out in the snow. They lost the will to fight themselves in that moment and it was EVERYTHING. Why? Because Bonnie let go briefly and wanted that kiss, enjoyed that kiss. And yeah, it shook her foundation but it was awesome.

But look, Imma stop here because I will go on and on, lol...this was another great chapter and I'm looking forward to getting to tne next one!
leni18 chapter 18 . 5/5/2014
Bonnie is counting the days, this must really suck. And I’m convinced she’s not doing it cause she’s happy to leave but because by now she’s dreading the day when they finally leave and she doesn’t know what’s gonna happen. They’ve become familiar, with their routine, their interacting, I think right now it’s really hard for either of them to imagine what being without the other actually means. They cannot quite fathom it. I can really imagine them just going up and down in the house looking for sth. to do, anything that keeps them from going insane.
The talk about Stefan was definitely due! And it wasn’t so much about Stefan being good or Damon being bad but about the fact that Damon always thought he isn’t worth it and that no one loved him, that he wasn’t enough. Turns out he had it all along. The thing I always liked most about Stefan is that I was always convinced that he would choose Damon over everyone. Over Katherine and even over Elena, if you follow canon and the show. He wouldn’t have left with Klaus otherwise and I think he knew he was gonna lose her in the process. Anyway I really loved that scene and Damon finally opened up to Bonnie completely by crying and letting her see him like this.
This bond is getting really dangerous now, I mean if Bonnie can physically faint from Damon drinking blood and alcohol in a rush just imagine what would happen to her if he went on a killing spree again. If she means as much to him as I think he’ll keep that in mind the next time.
Ok, question. I might go back and check but does this fic follow canon as in Katherine not being in the tomb? Will they open it and find out she hasn’t been there this whole time? On second thought, don’t answer that if you’d give anything away. But I think she’s not inside.
The last scene, I don’t even, I think it was the right thing to do for Bonnie to say “no”. For now. Damon still has all his baggage with Katherine and it really didn’t help that he was being his mischievous self again. Because deep down he knows it would change everything even if no one has to know about it. Because the only two people who count will know.
Thanks so much for updating, I wonder how many chapters you’ll cover with the remaining 18 days. On one side I want them to never go back but then again they can only move forward if they go back and face everything head-on. Loved the chapter ;)