Reviews for What If
Graceyn chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
So I've been promising myself I would make time to start reading your pieces for a long time now :). Sorry it took so long.

I absolutely love your author's note! I can relate, but it's also so loving and tender. And "You promise the words that you won't forget them. Sometimes you don't." It's almost heartbreaking when you forget them, isn't it?

As for the story...my husband and I started dating at the end of high school (corny, right?). We joke about it now, but there was a moment, a party at my house the summer after graduation. We had a disagreement, then I had to leave the room momentarily; when I returned, my friend told me my (now) husband was leaving; he was already out the door, may already be gone. I chased after him, ran out the door and grabbed a hold of him in the driveway. If I hadn't chosen to go after him, neither of us think we would be together today.

I think Shepard would have chased after Kaidan. I know mine would have. It's an understandable but still horribly restraining limitation of video games that we can't yet make that kind of choice. But we can write about it, and in so doing make it real ;).

Now REALLY about the story...it's beautiful. I love the cadence, the rhythm in the sentences.
Ms Sticha chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Oh man, even your note was eloquent. I loved it!
Alpenwolf chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Fate's a b%&$h as they like to say ... this just proves it ... though they found a way to make it a bit better
Eleneri chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Nice character introspection moment! And the last kiss was very "Princess Bride" in tone. Well done!
CyanB chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
This is the perfect anodyne for Horizon and what it SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

The sparseness of the writing is perfect for the content.
Alpenwolf chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Why is it that I really think that they belong together when I read your stories? Must be some kind of magic.
CyanB chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
This is a good one. It's what should have happened in game.

More?