Reviews for The Ragnarok Strain
ShortFandomGirl chapter 1 . 5/9
What is happening?
plecko chapter 24 . 1/10/2013
Oh . . . my . . . god.
AMAZING. I love this entire story!
Guest chapter 24 . 11/4/2012
0_0 wut.
Nic chapter 22 . 10/29/2012
This is so good so far. I only found it last night and couldn't wait to read the rest this morning. Can't wait for more and i'm so hooked. :)
All the twists really make it more intriguing. Keep going. :D
FandomsFloatingBy chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
He is alive... Ogmygerd he is alive!
wbss21 chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
Ohhh, Loki, you bad, bad man, lol. Okay, I just totally knew it had to be him, but Christ on a crutch Loki, WHY? He just can't help his mischievous and underhanded ways, tsk, tsk.

I still don't know what his plan is, but you've captured his snark and superior attitude here brilliantly. He comes across as such a douche, lol. And suitably arrogant. His sense of play, or thinking this is all a giant game is pretty damn funny, actually, and you can't help but grin as the way he words things, horrible as they are. But I'm wondering too what Huginn and Muninn are doing there, and what they're role in all of this is, considering they're Odin's birds.

Oh Loki, Loki, I so wanted you to be on the side of angels, lol. I suppose it was asking for too much, unless you've got something else up your sleeve, in which case, color me wrong. I've been already several times before.

But, okay, if Loki is sitting outside the room, who the hell is that inside the room? A double or something?
wbss21 chapter 23 . 10/29/2012
Man, I'm totally tripping here. This was a beautifully written chapter, as always.

I found Thor's speaking with Loki incredibly poignant and heartfelt, and even though from what you said about there being no warning of character death, and to take that into account, I can't help but still worry and feel this terrible ache at the prospect of Loki being dead. Thor musing about their past adventures together, and asking Loki what he should do, going on about how he needs Loki to rule, etc... It really was a punch to the gut, and your prose here was just gorgeous, I thought.

I also really loved Thor's contemplations about Earth, and how beautiful he thinks it is, and all the reasons for it. Again, really spectacular writing there. And you managed to capture this almost surreal, slowed down quality to Thor's thoughts and his observations of what's around him as he's gradually being knocked out with gas. There's a real sense of helplessness there on his part, and it isn't easy to make a character like Thor come across that way, but you've managed it masterfully.

I really am wondering what the hell is going on though, haha. I don't have a clue, and I'm incredibly eager to find out. You've kept me perpetually on the edge of my seat throughout this story and continue to do so.

Keep up the awesome work, as usual!
NarviLokison chapter 23 . 10/29/2012
Speachless...
wbss21 chapter 22 . 10/24/2012
Yay! An update! Another excellent chapter, as always. But man, am I confused! I mean, it seems, and I could be totally off, and you could just be throwing a red herring, but it seems the voice speaking to Tony is Loki, and if it really IS Loki, then I have absolutely no idea what he's up to. Which, really, just goes hand and hand with his character, lol. Loki is ever unpredictable, and if it turns out he's behind this whole thing, and it's been nothing but some kind of set up, then you my friend have officially dropped a bomb, because I didn't see that coming, at all! Or, if not, then you've dropped another bomb, haha.

I loved your descriptions with Sif and Tony, and of the Hulk as well. You really make him seem like an out of control, raging beast, and Sif's battle with him was awesome. I love how bad ass you write her, the fact that she can tussle with the freakin' HULK is awesome, and the way she calms him down is great too.

I really want to know what's going on with Thor now, and especially Loki, because I'm totally lost, lol. You're keeping me on the edge of my seat, as usual! Keep up the awesome work!
wbss21 chapter 21 . 10/16/2012
Okay, I have no idea what just happened, but it's obviously really not good. I don't know why you don't have more reviews, but you should have oodles of them, imo.

Anyway, I love the interaction here between Steve and Swan. You write such natural dialog, and it's just a delight to read, I think. And as always, your descriptions of actions and setting are impeccable. You really get across the precariousness of their situation, with Swan supporting all of the weight of that ruble pressing down upon them, and the two of them trapped in this tiny space with a very limited supply of oxygen. Each chapter just leaves me on the edge of my seat and wanting to see what happens next, and that's great writing.

And just when you think that maybe they're going to be okay when Tony gets into contact with them, suddenly everything goes to hell. I wonder who the heck it is that's talking over the radio frequency, and what the heck they did to Tony? It doesn't bode well for anyone, and with the Hulk rampaging at the tower, and Loki apparently slain, everything just seems to be going to shit. You also manage to keep things utterly unpredictable. Every time I think I've got something figured out, it turns out to be something else entirely.

Again, I can't wait to see where you go next, and keep up the awesome work!
wbss21 chapter 20 . 10/13/2012
Oh gaaaaaawwwd, NO! Okay, I just about had a heart attack of epic proportions reading this. Fucking hell, I really, really thought you'd killed Loki, and oh please, please, please, tell me you didn't. I don't think I could take the horror of it. Your note at the end gives me hope you haven't. I mean, Loki can't die. He's LOKI!

But regardless, this whole chapter was so incredibly touching and tragic. Thor's reaction is just pitch perfect, when he sees Loki, and he just falls to his knees and gathers him in his arms. Christ, and the way you describe how Loki's throat has been cut. Okay, whoever did this is going to have to die a painful death, seriously.

I just adore Sigmunds rage, and his disgust at the humans, how he speaks about them with such disregard. Again, you capture that element of how these people who are gods would, in reality and likelihood actually see people as inferior and worthless. Really, Loki's perception of people isn't that strange, considering where he comes from.

But this situation is bad, bad, bad. Sigmund is pissed as hell, and now he's gotten the Hulk to unleash, which isn't good for anyone. But you can't blame Sigmund, for Christ's sake, because they somehow let someone slip past them into Loki's chamber and fucking slice his throat open.

And the way you describe Loki, being in his Jotun form, and his red eyes just staring up lifelessly, and how still he is... God, seriously, I was like, this close to crying. I can't deal man, I really can't.

And now, whatever the hell was in there with Loki, it seems like it's just trapped Thor in there the same, with an out of control Hulk rampaging outside. Not good. And what the hell's up with the knife which the raven dropped from the window being in the chamber and being the weapon used to slice Loki's throat? Was the raven one of Odin's birds? And if that's the case, what the hell does that say? Man, I'm nervous as hell, and please, please, please don't let Loki actually be dead. I don't think my heart could take it.

Can't wait to see what happens! Keep up the awesome work!
FandomsFloatingBy chapter 20 . 10/13/2012
You almost made me throw my computer across the room... almost...
Guest chapter 18 . 10/11/2012
You are an excellent story should be getting more reviews!
wbss21 chapter 18 . 10/10/2012
Yikes, you are KILLING me with these cliff hangers! I loved the epic scale you were able to capture in the last chapter with your descriptions of the battle. You're amazingly good at conveying action and giving these characters a sense of legendary status. The Chitauri are nasty little suckers, aren't they? The back and forth battle between them and Sif and Swan was really elegantly handled on your part, and appropriately wide in scope.

And man, it seems like Loki's association with them is really coming back to bite everyone on the butt. I loved how you made mention of his ability to travel between worlds unaided by anything but his own magic, but it seems somehow wrong and almost repulsive that the Chitauri would learn how from him, and steal it from him really, the same way they stole the nano virus from him. Bastards. I want Loki to rip them all a new one.

And Thor's inability to accept his own weakened state, and his dismay at being useless is so totally in character. Of course, he thinks the only way to make a difference is if he's out there killing monsters. He doesn't quite think about the consequences of what should happen to the people who love him if he gets killed. And really, Thor, you need to go help your little brother! lol.

As usual, you keep me right on the edge of my seat. You should have way, way more reviews, but I hope that mine at least encourage you to continue writing this fabulous story.
wbss21 chapter 16 . 10/9/2012
Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to get a review to you. I just now had the chance to sit down and read this. Your quality of writing continues to remain excellent, but why oh WHY did you have to end it there? Oh man, if Loki's dead I think I'll gut somebody, haha. You really know how to leave the reader on the edge of their seat.

The plot of this just keeps getting more and more complex and interesting. The ravens, I have to think, are Odin's ravens. But I've been completely off the mark before trying to guess what's going on, so I could be totally wrong here. Either way, one has to wonder why they wanted the dagger destroyed. And also wonder if it's somehow connected to whatever it is Bruce just saw on the monitors. Oh man, it's killing me. I really, really hope Loki hasn't died.

And damn, now it sounds like Steve is in peril too. Everything just keeps falling apart in this story, haha. But that's a good thing. You really understand how to build tension and keep it tight. And the Chitauri are trying to mess everything up. One really does wonder too how this is all going to be resolved, and who's going to save the day, as it were.

I can't wait to read the next chapter. As usual, keep up the awesome work!