Reviews for Slipping Away
ThePurplePianoProject chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I haven't cried in a long while. But this..this is just too much to take in. Granted, I love dramas. I even wrote one and planned to write another one. Yet, from this side of it, it hurts. It feels as if your heart is ripped away from your chest. The good-byes gave me goose bumps and unleashed the tear-apocalypse. It's a painfully great story.
LS chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Ok, so you can evoke emotion decently, but that's not hard with character death subject matter. You have potential, but you really need a good beta because this story repeats stuff so much. It's like reading line after line over again. It could probably be cut down to under 10k words. Secondly, where the hell is Boyd? Even Danny and coach make an appearance—Erica gets one reference—but you cut out the only black guy? And he is pack, which is a huge element of your story!

You have potential, but you need to check your inclusion of black people in your fic and you really really need a beta that's going to force you to cut your stories down so you don't repeat so much. You could also use more showing, less telling. Readers don't want to necessarily read the thoughts of characters, they want you to set the scene, and show more. A person's facial expression and how they stand, or how they react to people speaks so much louder than saying what's in their head.

Anywho, that's my feedback. Good luck with your future writings.
DearMilk chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I got about a paragraph in before I started crying andfive in before I was sobbing took about two hours to read and its late because stories like this really hit me hard so I didn't want my sister looking at me funny. After I read this I completely broke down for two days. Sobbed in the shower and ran laps until I passed out, wasn't hungry I felt sick and everything was too hott. This is an amazing story and you really did write it so well its perfect and I might never read it again but I loved it. You really are talented and this is a truely loving piece of work I'm honored to have read it. I don't think i'll really be the same after this. Thank you. Ill keep an eye out for your other stories.
Sven chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I've honestly never been this affected by a fanfiction before and I really commend you for that. The way you wrote this was so well thought out, you covered all the bases and even threw in a little extra. You made me cry, you made me clench my hands into fists, you left a knot in my throat, and a hole in my stomach. And I believe that's what all writers should stride for. This could've been about any person and I still would've felt everything the same. You could've made your own characters from scratch and I still would've felt all the emotions. You payed so much to the details and made this fanfiction all the more vivid. Your writing was flawless, you took each characters personality and portrayed them just like they would in canon. Everything felt so real and the imagery you used just made my heartbreak. I could see this happening in real life (while I've never been through anything like this). I found myself thinking about this fanfiction days later and I still felt the same heartbreak (even teared up a little in the middle of class). This is the kind of fanfiction I'll remember forever, the kind that I'll remember when I moved onto another obsession, the kind I'll bookmark and read a year later and cry just as hard. Truly amazing and brilliant. Please, keep it up.
Fel chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I don't think I've ever cried as much for a story as I did tonight while reading this.
Nicolette chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Im sitting here ,sobbing. My Gosh ,you're good at this.
Eva Clare Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I spent a while looking at this box trying to come up with something to say here... As someone who has experienced the loss of multiple people to cancer, stories that feature it usually hit a sore spot in my heart. I have to say that even though you don't have first hand experience with cancer and the pain it can cause, but you handled it beautifully. I love the way you wrote Stiles trying to be the hero of it all and not make him weigh everyone else down. I love the fact that although the pack seemed to be around and more careful around Stiles after they knew you wrote the pack attempting to be normal around him to an extent. I love how you didn't make them suddenly act differently and just made them react the way they should have. I know that this might not make any sense but the fact that got him to say goodbye to each and EVERY one of them was done perfectly.
You should write more often if you want, you are really good at it. Hope you have a great life
-Clare
I'm In Tears chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
What even was that? This fic was recommended so much on Tumblr on the Sterek tag that I just had to read it. I didn't know I'd be spending two days straight thinking about this and crying, crying, crying. Not many fics can make me cry. This, this is an exception. It was so beautiful. So simple. So breathtaking. So sad. :'( I know what it's like to lose a relative to leukemia and you wrote it exactly as I thought the procedure (excuse my stupid wording) would go. Congrats on a job well done. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I have never cried so much while reading a fic before. This was so emotionally charged and so amazing. How you wrote this is just beyond me. I wouldn't have been able to get through writing this-I hardly got through reading this. But fantastic job one of the best fics I've ever read.
C chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
This was so beautiful and I'm still crying its just so amazing and oH MY GOD IM SOBBING AND I JUST GOT RIGHT IN THE FEELS
TT-TT
Pheonix Eternia chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I hate you so much right now. I want to sit in the corner and blubber like a Lifetime movie and cuddle my cat. The perspective from Stiles was heartbreaking and spot-on. The lack of any medical terminology or any real emphasis on it beyond the general actually made the feelings stronger and now I'm going to go read gratuitous smut until I stop wanting to cry.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Welp. All the tears.
Hi chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
It was actually really good and that's because one of my family members had ALL
Jess Castro chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
omg, i have never cried so much while reading a fic, i'm serious, omfg my head hurts but it was so worthed. i got scared someone would hear me and come check if i was ok. literally sobing over this fic, is so beautiful and sad and i can't even deal with it asnjcbshbchsd you're such a good writer, omg you are amazing. this is definitely one of my all time favorite fic. i don't even have word anymore, just jsndsjcbhsdcbi BEAUTIFUL!
Vee chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I hate you so much. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THESE FEELS? I USED UP AN ENTIRE TISSUE BOX READING THIS.

But in all honesty this has got to be one of the best TW fanfics I've red in a while. Great stuff.

P.S I still hate you though.
941 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 .. Last Next »