Reviews for It Can Come Back
Peonywinx chapter 18 . 11/30/2013
Oh, right - I forgot he's still human. I'd naively thought that his Time Lord biology had somehow been restored along with his memories. Silly me.
Peonywinx chapter 17 . 11/30/2013
Oh, it was a Nestene! And a Nestene who reformed, at that! Goodness, aren't you brilliant?
Peonywinx chapter 16 . 11/30/2013
And the surprises just keep coming for Martha, don't they? I tell you, the Ponds are the most unusual of the Doctor's companions.
Peonywinx chapter 15 . 11/30/2013
Well, I for one, did not see that coming. Why IS Gregory working with the Sontarans? He seemed like such a nice guy.

But oooh! - the reveal that John Smith was the Doctor again was played very nicely indeed :)
Peonywinx chapter 14 . 11/29/2013
Ah, Donna. I love the way she speaks. Words like "dunce" and "sunshine" and "spaceman" are all such fun. And did I spot a reference to that hilarious kiss scene between her and David Tennant in The Unicorn and the Wasp? Good stuff, good stuff.

So, the Doctor's back (he remembers he's married, yay!), and Donna's sort of back...are you going to write in a way for her to remember without her burning up? Because if you are that would be brilliant!
Peonywinx chapter 13 . 11/29/2013
Well, my favorite part of Asylum of the Daleks was the conversation between Amy and Rory about their marriage. I thought that was really poignant, and the moment when the Doctor straightened his bow tie after he basically fixed their marriage - that was genius.

And my favorite part about this chapter was the last scene with Aaron. I was wondering when he'd get some picutres of the Eleventh Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 12 . 11/29/2013
Hmm...I have to say, I don't like Molly. So she likes John - he's not HERS yet, and probably never will be, she doesn't have to get possessive. And besides! The poor man is recovering from two accidents - one of which he can't even remember! Cut him a break! Also, something about her just irritates me.

But it's so sad to see River breaking down. Although it's nice to see that the attraction is still there between her and the Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 11 . 11/29/2013
Ponds 2.0? Early Days? Making parallels here, are we? Let's hope it ends the same way - poor River doesn't need someone pining after her husband.

Donna, like any other character here, is written incredibly well. You've got her mannerisms and coarse-but-caring manner down to a T.

Forgot to mention last chapter - or was it a couple of chapters back? - that I totally didn't realize Rory's technically older than the Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 10 . 11/29/2013
And then BAM! Out comes this chapter with all its bombshells!

I loved the part when Amy casually mentioned that River was the Doctor's widow. And Jack, of course, was positively gleeful about the details of their relationship. And then came Donna at the construction accident, and Amy's phone suddenly ringing twice in as many minutes to let her know about the news - isn't it interesting how both Craig and Sarah Jane view Amy as the de facto leader of the Doctor's companions?
Peonywinx chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
Not conceited at all. I'd cry writing something like this. It was absolutely fantastic, the way you pulled in the Ponds' adventures for their gifts - Vincent's painting for Amy, aptly named "The Ultimate Ginge"; Rory getting a surprise internship (I'm not sure, did he ever specifically mention he wanted to be an actual doctor?); and River! - oh my, River's goodbye was just...splendidly sorrowful. The TARDIS is just right for her - she is its child, after all, and its thief's wife. Sexy loves her.

Why is the Doctor, even as John Smith, so attractive to ladies? I feel sorry for Molly - there's no way she'll get to compete with River once the Doctor has his memories back (which I assume he WILL. And please don't tell me you've got another Joan Redfern thing in the works here). Oh, well - she has Ron - I think he likes her.
Peonywinx chapter 8 . 11/29/2013
Wow, this was intense. First that run-me-down-with-a-truck sad scene with Wilf - I'm still not over Donna! - and then poor John Smith getting sucked into a world of crazy. Although it is somewhat funny to see him protesting his own existence.
Peonywinx chapter 7 . 11/29/2013
So...when are Martha, Mickey, and the gang going to find out that the Doctor actually, properly married River? They ARE going to find out, right?

Who's this Aaron Wood? How does he know the Doctor? Where's Rose on the Doctor's farewell list? Why am I asking so many questions instead of reading the story?
Peonywinx chapter 6 . 11/29/2013
Of course he lied. Did they really expect him not to? I knew there was something not right when the Doctor claimed "it wouldn't hurt a bit". Didn't remember that the Chameleon Arch is excruciatingly painful until I read Martha saying it - then it all came back, of course.

How come River doesn't know about the pain the Arch causes?
Peonywinx chapter 5 . 11/29/2013
Yup, i was right on the money. Classic Jack. Of course he would flirt shamelessly with River - I wonder if he realizes it's the Doctor she's married to.

But why didn't I think of that before? The Doctor's famous Easter egg conversation, discovered by some poor unwitting humans (and one not-so-unwitting Time Lord turned human). That was gold, right there. And I can't wait till Martha and Mickey get here!
Peonywinx chapter 4 . 11/29/2013
Lol, Jo Grant and her hippie family. And you absolutely did Sarah Jane justice! I don't know much about Sarah Jane, honestly - but when she appeared in Doctor Who I really liked her maturity, her dignity, and her warmth. And haha - reminiscing about Idris. That'll cheer them up for sure. Sexy, indeed.

Now, was that Jack Harkness who said the last line?
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »