Reviews for It Can Come Back
Peonywinx chapter 13 . 11/29/2013
Well, my favorite part of Asylum of the Daleks was the conversation between Amy and Rory about their marriage. I thought that was really poignant, and the moment when the Doctor straightened his bow tie after he basically fixed their marriage - that was genius.

And my favorite part about this chapter was the last scene with Aaron. I was wondering when he'd get some picutres of the Eleventh Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 12 . 11/29/2013
Hmm...I have to say, I don't like Molly. So she likes John - he's not HERS yet, and probably never will be, she doesn't have to get possessive. And besides! The poor man is recovering from two accidents - one of which he can't even remember! Cut him a break! Also, something about her just irritates me.

But it's so sad to see River breaking down. Although it's nice to see that the attraction is still there between her and the Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 11 . 11/29/2013
Ponds 2.0? Early Days? Making parallels here, are we? Let's hope it ends the same way - poor River doesn't need someone pining after her husband.

Donna, like any other character here, is written incredibly well. You've got her mannerisms and coarse-but-caring manner down to a T.

Forgot to mention last chapter - or was it a couple of chapters back? - that I totally didn't realize Rory's technically older than the Doctor.
Peonywinx chapter 10 . 11/29/2013
And then BAM! Out comes this chapter with all its bombshells!

I loved the part when Amy casually mentioned that River was the Doctor's widow. And Jack, of course, was positively gleeful about the details of their relationship. And then came Donna at the construction accident, and Amy's phone suddenly ringing twice in as many minutes to let her know about the news - isn't it interesting how both Craig and Sarah Jane view Amy as the de facto leader of the Doctor's companions?
Peonywinx chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
Not conceited at all. I'd cry writing something like this. It was absolutely fantastic, the way you pulled in the Ponds' adventures for their gifts - Vincent's painting for Amy, aptly named "The Ultimate Ginge"; Rory getting a surprise internship (I'm not sure, did he ever specifically mention he wanted to be an actual doctor?); and River! - oh my, River's goodbye was just...splendidly sorrowful. The TARDIS is just right for her - she is its child, after all, and its thief's wife. Sexy loves her.

Why is the Doctor, even as John Smith, so attractive to ladies? I feel sorry for Molly - there's no way she'll get to compete with River once the Doctor has his memories back (which I assume he WILL. And please don't tell me you've got another Joan Redfern thing in the works here). Oh, well - she has Ron - I think he likes her.
Peonywinx chapter 8 . 11/29/2013
Wow, this was intense. First that run-me-down-with-a-truck sad scene with Wilf - I'm still not over Donna! - and then poor John Smith getting sucked into a world of crazy. Although it is somewhat funny to see him protesting his own existence.
Peonywinx chapter 7 . 11/29/2013
So...when are Martha, Mickey, and the gang going to find out that the Doctor actually, properly married River? They ARE going to find out, right?

Who's this Aaron Wood? How does he know the Doctor? Where's Rose on the Doctor's farewell list? Why am I asking so many questions instead of reading the story?
Peonywinx chapter 6 . 11/29/2013
Of course he lied. Did they really expect him not to? I knew there was something not right when the Doctor claimed "it wouldn't hurt a bit". Didn't remember that the Chameleon Arch is excruciatingly painful until I read Martha saying it - then it all came back, of course.

How come River doesn't know about the pain the Arch causes?
Peonywinx chapter 5 . 11/29/2013
Yup, i was right on the money. Classic Jack. Of course he would flirt shamelessly with River - I wonder if he realizes it's the Doctor she's married to.

But why didn't I think of that before? The Doctor's famous Easter egg conversation, discovered by some poor unwitting humans (and one not-so-unwitting Time Lord turned human). That was gold, right there. And I can't wait till Martha and Mickey get here!
Peonywinx chapter 4 . 11/29/2013
Lol, Jo Grant and her hippie family. And you absolutely did Sarah Jane justice! I don't know much about Sarah Jane, honestly - but when she appeared in Doctor Who I really liked her maturity, her dignity, and her warmth. And haha - reminiscing about Idris. That'll cheer them up for sure. Sexy, indeed.

Now, was that Jack Harkness who said the last line?
Peonywinx chapter 3 . 11/29/2013
How do you make the Doctor sound just like the Doctor even when he's human? I marvel at your characterization skills - and the Doctor's a very hard character to write because he's so complex. And here you've given him this human layer and a whole new backstory and new companions - and he's still the Doctor! My respect to you!

I like that some of his vast knowledge as a Time Lord is still around somewhere - that aside about the Dewey Decimal system was a great touch.
Peonywinx chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
Yep, I called it. Definitely an intriguing plot. Now they're gonna have to go looking for John Smith and, by hook or by crook, find SOME way to restore him, won't they? Oh - and really nice touch on the will - I've always wondered how it would be if the Ponds met the Doctor's previous companions - and if his previous companions met his WIFE - and this was a superbly original way to do it.
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Ooh, I can already tell, this is going to be GOOD :)

So, critique on technique, then gushing over the story, yeah? This is only the first chapter - I'll give you a more thorough review once I get to the last chapter. Oh yeah - did I mention I'll be reviewing every chapter? ;)

Anyway, no technical errors that I noticed, and you write the Ponds well - but the Doctor! Ah, the Doctor - he's absolutely perfect here! You've captured his frenetic eccentricism and mad-uncle shennanigans brilliantly! Spot-on characterization. The plot is already highly intriguing, and it has the bonus of including not just my favorite Doctor, but the other half of the Who couple I ship fervently (i.e. River - post Library, who's somehow survived - actually, properly survived and not saved into a database! I could kiss you!) as well as my favorite companions, the Ponds. I'll be eager to see where this goes.

Yeah, that was sort of a technique and gushing review rolled into I said, I'll write a more detailed, longer review on the last chapter. So, I shall move one now. Geronimo!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/10/2013
I think I might love you...

... and I defenitely love this story...

... all of it! :)
NezumiH chapter 23 . 10/26/2013
Wow. What a truly amazing story! All of your characterizations were just perfect, your descriptions so clear and well-balanced that I was actually 'watching' instead of reading, and that plot line! I so gripped that I stayed up /four hours/ past my intended bedtime. I trembled with excitement, grinned like mad at the clever parts, and every time the tension rose, I clearly heard 'Last Stop Everywhere' playing in my head. And I cried. Oh, how I cried.

This story has all the humor, excitement, emotions, and surprises that made us fall in love with Doctor Who in the first place. Congratulations on making such a superb piece of writing! This was easily one of my favorite fanfics of all time.

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I wish you well in all your future writing endeavours. You have such talent and a clear love of the craft. As you proceed through school and a life that seems too busy to fit in each day, remember to keep hold of the peace and completeness that comes from writing. Even if it's only now and then. It will help you stay true to your spirit, and anything you contribute to the world will make it shine all the brighter.

Thank you again for the wonderful story. :) I will now go off to read the sequel, followed by any other Doctor Who stories you've written here. Bravo and well done!
241 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »