Reviews for The Direwolf's Love
Bobywhy chapter 1 . 11/24
I'm going to be honest your summary of this story sucks. I read this and expect the first and only big change to be Ned fostering Dany and the rest of the changes to follow being after effects to that decision. Instead you make it so that Rhaegar lives because some made up look alike took his place, both of Elia's children live, Lyanna herself survives labor, and Robert is Jon's father. How does Ned saving Dany lead to Rhaegar surviving and all these other changes. The simple answer they don't. Honestly I despise your portrayal of Lyanna. I can deal with her surviving labor and chalk it up to good karma, what I can't deal with is her surviving labor, having Robert's kid ( I'm pretty certain that the only reason you had it be Robert's was because if Jon was Rhaegar's then he would be Dany's nephew and you don't like the idea of writing an incest story), and squirming her way out of the marriage contract all in one convenient little package. Honestly did Robert rape her or something because I have personally always believed Lyanna to be the type to castrate anyone who would even make an attempt to bed her unwillingly. The second chapter makes it seem like (Robert was definitely drunk and considering how I view Lyanna you can see why I think she would have to be too) they both got drunk and ended up sleeping together and while not ideal it is certainly not unforgivable and since it was a shared mistake it was even less of a big deal than Lyanna seems to think it is. Also considering that Jon is at most a year old how is he walking let alone running in this story. Finally how in the world is Lyanna so upbeat. I mean seriously her running away has led to the death's of her father and brother by her "love's" father and a war that ended in the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of others and she behaves as if that doesn't matter. By the way Rhaegar asking for a separation from Elia is unlikely (since my knowledge of most divorces in their history ended up with the wife's execution. This precedent was set by Maegor the Cruel third king of the Iron throne) and "the grounds that she can no longer bear him any children" carry no weight since she already bore him a daughter and a son or in their terms a daughter and an heir meaning she has done her wifely duties and their marriage is cemented regardless of her being incapable of having other children. The only way he could reasonably remarry is if his son died and he therefore needed a wife to give him an heir. When you further take into consideration that ending the marriage is likely to cause bad blood between the Crown and Dorne and you have more reason not to go through with a divorce/separation especially if he tried to disinherit his children as well. To tell you the truth Lyanna and Robert having drunk sex is a helluva lot more forgivable than Rhaegar cheating on his wife and trying to leave her for another woman without just cause. I also have a difficult time believing that Lyanna would be so loose with her story of having gone to Rhaegar willingly considering the war and how negatively that would have others see her. Honestly Winterfell is probably the least safe place in Westeros for her if you consider how many people lost loved ones in the war as a result of her actions.
LightP chapter 19 . 11/22
to those who read the reviews:

Sorry for the hiatus. Both the author, and myself, are in our final year of college and so have tons of work to do even after that, the author will return writing upon the time when the author finishes college or find the time to write. For those who are still waiting for an update, we are sincerely thank you for your patience and hope you all can still wait a little longer.
Lord-Mozes chapter 12 . 10/4
This was a good deviation from the cannon norm. You had a REALLY GOOD flow to where you were directing it. (Rhaegar changing his name and gettn control of Bravos & The Dothrakis Genius!) UNTIL... You started with the maiden stuff, non cannon lands!
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 1 . 9/26
How can Jon run away? Isn't he like, one year ols(at MOST!)?
Great story! I just found it and read all of it - please continue adding chapters :)
patty.clark.792 chapter 1 . 3/26
Thank you for having a great imagination?
ariabellaangelofmusic chapter 1 . 3/21
And you spelled Rhaegar wrong
ladyres chapter 1 . 3/19
Lyanna never slept with Robert she ran away with raghor
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 20 . 2/28
Update soon!
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 16 . 2/28
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 15 . 2/28
Wow. Is everyone alive?
Tahu2015 chapter 1 . 1/11
So who exactly is the Father of Lyanas son?
JONANDDANYFOREVER chapter 20 . 12/6/2014
Lillyviolet chapter 19 . 6/30/2014
Very good chapter! Loved it!
The twist about Robb was very well written.
Me likey! Keep up the amazing work! You rock!