Reviews for Beginnings and Endings and Very Old Things
Fawkes Flame chapter 1 . 10/15/2017
epic, brilliant, amazing, wonderful, sweet... can't really choose words to describe how much I loved this story! Two of my favourite fandoms united. Thank you!
I'm Anna chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
After all the reviews I've done, I still don't know what exactly to put up there.
Annnnyway THAT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT. Thank you for being an amazing writer and doing that amazing piece of writing for me to randomly ready for 2 hours. I loved it! Keep being awesome ~
librarywitch chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
Oh my goodness that was freaking awesome! I love solving how he did it. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2016
I don't have a lot of commentary to add (sorry, it's late & I'm sleepy!), but the fact that this only had 10 reviews surprised me and I had to add another one!
Absolutely loved that John turned out to be the Doctor; so bittersweet. I went through a brief little rollercoaster of trying to figure out who was actually who and the reveal was great, as was the Master's confusion... Picturing Sherlock as a companion was difficult at first, but then hilarious as I imagined how many rapid-fire conversations the two would have had. Overall, great one-shot! Greetings from 2016!
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Oh my...This is brilliant! Just amazing! Just picture John complimenting Sherlock; now put me in John's place and you in Sherlock's. I loved this story so much! It was really well-thought and well-written. You have a fantastic way with words. I love how the plot flowed, the twists, the analysis of Sherlock's and John's emotions. Also, that was indeed a very awesome explanation of how Sherlock survived the fall.

Well done, my dear! As Jim Moriarty himself said, "Thank you. Bless you."
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Aww this was so sweet! I thought Sherlock was the Doctor as well. That was a nice twist!
Ynnealay chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! Brilliant and honestly every other complement John has ever said to Sherlock but about this story!
I suspected, well, I knew that the pocket watch was some timelord's Chameleon Arch fob watch, but I never suspected The Doctor was John! I literally, no exaggeration, sat staring at my laptop screen for about two minutes gaping when you said "John Watson was ended. The Doctor was returned." It stole my breath and I was hit with the kind of reaction I had to Sherlock originally jumping.
My gosh, this was great. I started to suspect, though, that John was a time lord when Jack and Sherlock kept going on about opening the watch and then I knew that John's whole being would die as soon as the watch was opened and I was completely immersed in the emotion you had built into the scene. If the story didn't keep going at such a fast pace that kept me happily dragged along, I would have been rolling in angsty feelz at the fact that Sherlock had really gotten attached to The Doctor's John Watson personality. At least with Martha, she always wanted The Doctor back (understandable since John Smith wasn't as nice to her as John Watson was to Sherlock.).
I loved how the whole Moriarty/Master thing was explained and how The Master mistook Sherlock for the one that was The Doctor (I would have too). In fact, at first, I did think Sherlock was The Doctor. I was confused in a wonderful way because Sherlock and John have this great dynamic where John is always (Sorry John) the sidekick kind of person and Sherlock is the leader. All of a sudden, I see John and Sherlock side by side, but John is The Doctor and they are both the powerful leaders of their respective shows. They play off each other as wonderful equals, Sherlock is still brilliant and The Doctor, well, he's The Doctor.
It was interesting imagining The Doctor's personality in John's body or sometimes I would imagine John's personality in Eleven's body for some reason.
One of my favorite parts was when The Doctor called Sherlock "Fantastic" like John used to. It was bitterly sad because it was reminiscent of John, who would never be back.
In the end, I like how it turned out, although I can only imagine what a wonderful companion Sherlock was.
Oh My Gosh. I loved this to death. Wonderful! and as John and Nine say "Fantastic!"
FunkyColdMedina chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
That was pretty awesome, quite enjoyed it
The Golden Snitch chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
At first, I thought Sherlock was the Master, and then maybe John was the Master. But John as the Doctor and Sherlock as the companion? How brilliant is that!
The Golden Snitch
A Hopeful Voice chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Oh, this was so fantastic. Thanks for such an entertaining read!
BC chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This was fantastic! Brilliant. I did sort of see through it somewhere in the middle, but that's probably because it makes sense. Oh, and I can't imagine Doctor retiring anywhere else, in any other fashion... except maybe to keep bees.
Cheers!
Brynn
FionaTailynn chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
OMGOMGOMGOMG... I think I found my new favourite fanfiction of all time. I started reading this months ago but then felt as though it was getting nowhere, but today I was just looking around and stumb,ed across it again. Then I decided that I may as well continue reading where I was. OMG, I was so sure Sherlock was going to be the Time Lord, man that is brilliant playing. And what Sherlock did for his D/doctor. I also loved that the Master also thought Sherlock was the Doctor. And you are so great at writing speech. That ending almost made me cry, and as Sherlock, I don't know if it's of joy or sadness. And that simplicity and perfection of how he survived. BRAVO! I LOVE YOU!
-F
animegirl1987 chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I must say... I'm so freaking happy to have found this fic. I love it, simply love it. You had the Doctor be John instead of Sherlock. You brilliant writer you! -gives you as many cookies as you like- Oh it was great! I was wondering how you were going to have things play out. I love the idea of The Master being Moriarty and The Doctor as John. You did also go the little extra mile that I loved by having feelings between the two (Sherlock and John/Doctor). I do love the pairing of Sherlock and John. It was better that John could keep up with his intelligence. Not that it's horrible that John truly isn't anywhere near Sherlock's intellect. I loved everything you meshed together. It worked very well and makes me wish I had that kind of ability. Truly, I love this story and hope to find more little nuggets of gold from you in the near future.
Panther Moon chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Wonderfully written. I loved this story. I thought that you had the characters down so well and all the little twists and turns that the story took. I know you had me fooled on multiple occasions. Also, I loved the portrayal of John, and what happened actually made me sad. Sherlock was right at the end when he said it was bittersweet. In all, keep up the great work and I'm amazed that this story doesn't have more reviews already. Great job taking a common idea and making it memorable.