Reviews for The King Who is Not
MarkBloodDove chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
She is like Augusta, King of Poland from A More Personal Union.
Kill Joy chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I alway hate doing this. This sotry was really good, but I couldn't help but notice a mistake - not in the story, but in the explanation.
3. "As this is a dominant gene, it would overpower Sarafina's blue eye gene, resulting in Nuka's red eyes."
As we can guess by all the background lionesses, it can be presumed that red eyes is the dominat gene, correct? (red is somtimes described as brown and brown is normally the dominant gene) And I'm guessing you do know how recessive and dominant genes. If a dominant gene is present it over powers any other recessive gene and is shown (such as red eyes being shown but the person still carrying the blue eyes gene) right? Just like what you stated up there.
"For one, we know that Scar must carry a red eye color gene, as both Mufasa and either one (or both) of his parents did as well."
If Scar has green eyes this means he has the recessive gene, and it is being shown. This means he has NO dominant gene, at least, not the red eye gene. This can be said the same about Sarafina.
You may ask now, what if green is the dominat gene? Well... red eyes in TLK is normally associated as brown eyes and that is normally the dominant. And all the background characters do have red eyes. You even hint at it being the dominant gene in your explanation: "as both Mufasa and either one (or both) of his parents did as well". If both his parents had red eyes, this would mean that they both would have to carry the green eye gene. This would mean that red eyes would be the dominant.
Now I'm not saying that your headcanon is wonrg, that Nuka is not Sarafina's and Scar's son. I actually liked the idea, until you explained it. The explanation is wrong and I needed to correct it.
Please don't let me disencourage you, because I do intend to read more of this Fem!Mheetu. Now get those creative juices flowing :D
mimoo01 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This story is freaking good! I love the twist you have! Spectular chapter and I'm looking forward for the next update! XD
TMNTMentalistTLK lover chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
you know the idea of Nuka being Sarafina's son with Scar would explain why Zira has so much hatred towards him. Very intreasting story
anonymous chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Apart from the one minor question below, I thought this was rather well-written. Scar, Nala and everyone else seemed quite in character, and your theory on Nuka is interesting. I must say it is not one I have heard before. Since we never saw much of Scar's reign, that time period has obviously been a veritable playground for fanfic writers, leading to all kinds of cool theories like this one. Keep up the good work!
anonymous chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
"Awkwardness of cubhood"? I don't quite know what to think of that. By lion standards, Nala would have been considered quite beautiful as a cub.