Reviews for A Girl You Knew
Heather35 chapter 44 . 6/2
"I promise, promise, promise that the next four installments (including epilogue) will be posted this month." Hahahahaha! You wrote that in December of 2015.
From chapter 43: "But I promise that I will finish this so if you are still with me, I am still with you." Obviously, keeping your promise means nothing to you - that's unfortunate.
Mmfan1 chapter 44 . 3/22
I can not begin to tell you how much I love your writing. There is so much depth and emotion, you can feel the inner turmoil of each character. You have drawn Matthew and Mary so well. They went through so much because of their own choices and because of fare. Yet you have lovingly let them find each other and written them so completely.
Oh how I wish you could complete this fic! But even if you cannot , thank you for this lovely story.
bex.goldstein chapter 30 . 1/27
I really like it how simple it was. They just found each other, at the right time and place. I guess life in Sybil and Toms is easier so they can be free and for once do it their own way. I like how they seemed to have an agreement from the moment they saw each other
Great chapter ! I really really do like it
bex.goldstein chapter 27 . 1/27
The way you write Mary’s pain and grief is truly amazing. I can feel every bit of pain she feels
bex.goldstein chapter 26 . 1/27
That was mean of Edith! Mary just lost her husband and also her child even though she doesn’t know. It’s not fair to her. Amazing chapter as always!
bex.goldstein chapter 25 . 1/27
This chapter although very sad was so beautiful. You can feel Mary’s pain and sorrow. She loved her husband deeply and it’s going to be very hard for her to move on.
I really love your writing style, it’s so beautiful
bex.goldstein chapter 24 . 1/27
Poor Mary, I really liked how you wrote her sorrow. The denial of not believing he was death. I’m so sad! They were about to have a baby and now she’s a widow and only has her memories of her time with Mack.
I was wondering if Macks constant mentioned of the red walls in the last chapter was somehow a sign or something ? Great story !
bex.goldstein chapter 22 . 1/27
Oh no! I was not expecting that! That’s way a really good chapter: the poem was a bit prophetical.
Poor Mary! Just when she was happy. I like how Mack (I’m not sure if he’s dead yet since I haven’t read the next chapter, just that they were in an accident) treats Mary. With so much love . Can’t wait to keep reading
bex.goldstein chapter 18 . 1/27
Bravo Lavinia! I’m so proud of her. I hope she can find happiness! Matthew needs to wake up and be a better person and learn to live with choices he made. As all characters have said, he chose Lavinia over Mary. He can’t cry over spill milk now!
Great chapter :)
bex.goldstein chapter 13 . 1/27
Oh wow I was not expecting this.
Is this Matthew regretting how choice? I’m happy Mary told him to try to be happy with Lavinia and only look forward.
This was really, really good
bex.goldstein chapter 12 . 1/27
Hi! I just found this story this morning and I can’t stop reading it!
It’s so so amazing my! I absolutely love your writing! Even though I’m a huge Matthew and Mary fan I’m so very happy for Mary. Mack seems like nice man and I love what he said about waiting as long as she needed because she was as worth it. Granny was just brilliant and totally right! It’s not Mary’s problem what happens with Matthew and Lavinia marriage. Oh Matthew... you are totally jealous ! You lost your chance and now you have to live with your choices. Can’t wait to read more !
Amazing, wonderful story! I absolutely love it
Guest chapter 44 . 12/18/2020
Well, I suppose you're never going to finish this, considering it's been five years. (You did promise you were "already working on the next chapter.")
EloiseKathleen chapter 44 . 8/2/2020
My dear author, how I have often returned to your prose over the years! I've been following your work since very near the completion of Grace and I've read absolutely every one of your DA fics. I've noticed it's been about five years since you last updated. How time flies! I do hope you return to this story someday-I'd love to return to your world-but if you never return, please let us know if you are safe. I miss your writing, but I'm more worried for you than anything. Your tumblr, which I also followed, also hasn't updated in years and I just hope you are well. Take care! Be safe!
Guest68 chapter 28 . 7/6/2020
I don’t even know what to say. This story has made me laugh and cry. Though I seem to be doing the latter more often these last few chapters. The story is so well written and I love reading it. This is probably my fifth time but every time it seems to keep getting better. You did such a good job developing the characters and I loved this new side you created for Mary. You have done a fantastic job with this story. Thank you.
1,595 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »