Reviews for A Girl You Knew
trinadeckers chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
DEAD. JUST DEAD. Will send champagne in exchange for next chapter. Deal?
Guest chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Love this story from the beginning till now. Keep going and keep writing even when this finishes. Such a touching story and I am excited to read more!
luvgoround chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Both Matthew and Mary are so insecure in their relationship, not that I blame either of them, and I think this baby will help them through. Good chapter.
Guest chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Of course there will be angst. Only natural with these two. I love these two and this story!
ameliapemerson chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Yes..very complicated. But they are together. They're storm bravers. I liked how the issue of trust is played out in chapter. They must be honest with each other. Don't shut down or run away. What does Matthew intend..hmm...I trust him... a plan..?
Speetsy chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Have mercy? Have people been not giving you mercy?

This chapter felt a bit rushed. Maybe that's how it came off as I read it silently in my mind, as most people do when reading stories... Anyway, it's possible you were building this whole baby scandal and setting things in motion for the remainder of the story. Nonetheless, it was great.

Still feeling a bit meh about the baby. It's probably my own personal feelings regarding child bearing (ie. it's not something I see myself ever doing.), so keep right on with you plot. I'm behind you (applauding vigorous, at least as vigorous as ghost hands can clap.). xD
ultimategingepond chapter 42 . 3/16/2014
Lovely as always. Matthew kissing her palm and saying he loves her made my heart so happy.
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 41 . 3/13/2014
Oh my good gracious. I marathoned (is that a word? it is now) this story of yours. I can't decide if that was a good or a bad idea. Because it was wonderful to read it all at once, to lose myself in each twist and turn and not have to wait for the next chapter (well, until now); and yet it was horrible to go through each chapter and not give myself any space to breathe or recover from the emotional beating. This was a painful story; unflinchingly honest and brutally emotional, with no easy answers. And that's very hard to read. But it's a beautiful story, too, with a depth and complexity that one doesn't often see; not on this website, not in paper books. You deserve each and every accolade you've earned for your incredible work.

And now I'm stuck here on a cliffhanger, breathless and drained, and all I can do is slow clap it out and say that I cannot wait to see what you do next.
cowherderess chapter 41 . 3/11/2014
Dun dun dun...

I wondered if this would happen, actually. I suppose it's a good thing they're already wanting to get married asap. I hope it won't complicate matters *too* much for our dear M/M! (What will Robert think of it?) But I know it'll be a happy ending eventually...

I'm sorry to hear that life has been rough lately. I hope it gets better :)
sweetlikevanillais chapter 41 . 3/10/2014
I love this fanfic sooooo much omg, this chapter was so good, really really good! my god, don't stop, please! can't wait for the next chapter. she's pregnant 3 3 3
AmeriGirlTN chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
LDI, just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your writing. I read something that you gave written almost every day. Not only do I enjoy the reading , but it also calms me. If I've had a bad day or if I'm feeling unwell, reading a few chapters from one of your stories will take my mind off things and it will be a brighter day.
Thank so much for taking the time to share
Speetsy chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
DUDEEEEEE Yay for the first part. Love a good sex seen. They totally needed that.

Although I'm not a fan of pregnancy fics, but honestly, they were doing it too much without proper protection to avoid such a scenario. I trust you to handle this kind of ending with grace *wink wink wink*.

I mean, after all they've been through, they deserve to be happy and have a family of their own.
DAGuest chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Really beautiful chapter! M/M are much more open with each other and less reserved with the "I love you". Happy to see that Matthew is still trying to mend the situation between him, Mary, and Robert. Of course, the announcement of the pregnancy just topped everything! Can't wait to read Matthew's reaction and convince Mary that it's a great thing, especially since she assumed she couldn't have children earlier and after everything they've been through.
Jam'n'bread chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
ok...when you started this I really wasn't sure where you were going with this, and when Mack and Mary began to get close I sort of lost interest (not that it wasn't well written...I was just really stubbornly in love with Mary & Matthew as a couple...sorry!). But, looking back over the whole story so far I really like what you've done with the characters! I think you've written them realistically and you've really got a grasp for their personalities! I'm so glad I kept your story in my favourites! Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
megspazzy chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
I thought for sure the pregnancy was going to be brought up in the bedroom when she was actually telling him about going to London. I'm somewhat glad that this happened for Mary and Matthew; it basically forces Robert to stop digging in his heels and let this marriage happen because it is wanted by everyone who matters. And it's great that it's happening after all of the "I love yous" have been said because for M&M it won't be a marriage forced by the pregnancy, it's just speeding up the process.
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »