Reviews for A Girl You Knew
luvgoround chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
What a wonderful chapter. Love how you broke it with the "finally" sentences. new paragraph. and that they snuck upstairs into his room while everyone was out and they are so happy in love with each other and really want each other. and the baby news. Wow!
downtonlove chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I adored every part of this, from the gentleness of M/M's vulnerability, having a new understanding of the pain they've caused and will cause and the much needed talk with Robert. I love that they each want to be there and they both know it. Finally. And she's pregnant! I'm dying for more! Thank you so much for the update!
Guest chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
I had a feeling there were some hints in the past few chapters that would eventually lead to the cliffhanger at the end! So glad that they are finally being so open and honest with each other. I can't wait to see how they both react to this news. At least they decided to get married before she found out she was knocked up. They know that they truly want to be together because they love each other... not because of obligation!
Nenski chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Ahh I was waiting for that inevitable situation to happen. Of course she's pregnant! Glad it's finally been revealed.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
What a great surprise. I think Matthew will be very happy and convince Mary to be happy about the baby as well. So glad these two are together and love this story.
Guest chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
That was really nice. They have both grown so much and are ready for this. I'm not all that suprised about the baby. However, I wonder how they are going to deal with it and how the others ara going to react.
golden12 chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Wow! I feel like we should cue the dramatic chipmunk from utube (Da Da Dum!) Just amazing! First you let your reader know that it's been Liverpool, ages and ages ago, then the very last line of the chapter. Running away together might not be a bad idea.
Matthew's awareness that this marriage will be different was touching. He is unafraid to confront how Lavinia and Mac were a portion of their lives. How they will have hurt feelings, but they will not be intentional. I like the growth you have given your characters. They are more self aware, yet not self absorbed. Matthew's conversation with Robert was a case in this study. There is not fighting, no gnashing of teeth. Just a mature man, asking the father of the woman he loves, to realize that Mary is a grown woman. That Robert has hurt her in the past, but that if he tries, the relationship can be repaired.
Well done.
Daniela chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Excellent! Baby is exactly what they both need. Mary and Matthew have a huge potential to be amazing parents!
PelirrojaBiu chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
OMG! If their last time was "ages and ages ago" then they might need that wedding asap!
Fantastic chapter as always!
Lala Kate chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Love it. Every bit of it. Every nugget. Every word. Love you.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;)
ultimategingepond chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
I loved loved loved this chapter! It was the perfect way to start my morning. Matthew speaking up for Mary and Robert realizing how he has done wrong with their relationship ahhhh. To top it off she is expecting. Ahhhh. Beautiful work once again.
Guest chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Ahhhhh M/M baby! This made my morning.
trinadeckers chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
You may have just taken the title of being evil away from lala-kate. I'm dying over here. I hope you realize that my ranting, raving, and fangirling at this moment is all your fault. AKSJDJRJSJSNDNJSJDJCJEJF -DEAD-

How do I bribe you for chapter 42?

And don't let life punch you in the face, you're strong. Punch back.
ameliapemerson chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
Well that was just the thing for a DST early morning! Thanks for the update. Thanks for the lovely MM love. Bring on the intrigue. I'm all for 7-8 chapters!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 41 . 3/9/2014
There are so many things I love about this chapter! Yes, the moment when Matthew thinks of Mack and then is reassured. The "Mary Crawley willing to lean" sentence. The fact that he trusts her to say "I love you" at some future point. The way that you keep echoing "finally". The moment when Matthew panics when Mary has to tell him something, and then Mary's hurt when she realizes he can't help it, and his realization that this will be an aspect of their marriage: their humanity and the accidental hurts. The idea that she doesn't want an engagement ring, just a wedding ring. Glad that we got to see a little of the conversation with Robert. I was wondering if she might be pregnant, given how long it's been since Ireland. :) Keep going...you're telling a compelling story and it's worth all the effort. :) ::hugs::
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »