Reviews for A Girl You Knew
Downton.fangirl chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
Love love love this story! Thank you for updating so often, it makes my day when I see an email!
Guest chapter 39 . 2/12/2014
I like the idea of a jealous Mary. Surprisingly I also like the idea of Matthew being a less than worthy heir. Just HOW MUCH noise were they making?
mademoiselle.poupee chapter 39 . 2/12/2014
Gah cockblocking Robert who (he really does not know his daughters, does he?! and he had to say that line when Sybil had already given him three grandchildren!) not only had to speak so offensively but did it at the moment when something big was about to happen!

Brilliant tho, absolutely. I loved the way that Mary is coming closer and closer to where Matthew stands but realistically remains to have doubts on the way. Please update soon!
piperholmes chapter 39 . 2/12/2014
Got all caught up on the chapters! I love that you don't take the easy way out, especially with Mary. You really stay true to the complexities of her character. And now the proverbial "cat is out of the bag" and I can't wait to see what happens next! It always makes me sad to see a story I love come to an end, but I'm also eager to see what else you have coming. You are such a talented writer! I know your personal life has been difficult (understatement?) and it can be challenging to write while dealing with that, so I appreciate your efforts, and hope things improve for you and your family!
MsRecDirect chapter 39 . 2/12/2014
Love!
Guest chapter 39 . 2/12/2014
Awesome chapter

But I'm
Confused how they found about Matthew
jenninthecity chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Oh Mary! Love her quiet friendship with Lady Carissa. I miss Mary having female friends besides Anna. And Matthew, making Mary use her words.

Robert! He's such an idiot that I love him. Hope Matthew and Mary take him at his word and go find their own way to make their own life. They've both been married and it's not Matthew's fault that Cora invited girls for him to look over. It's always been Mary.
Americanghost chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Another amazing chapter! Seriously, so great. I was so glad to see an update so soon after yesterday! A brilliant chapter that has (hopefully) resolved M/M's issues. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Side note: I loved the fact that everyone heard them yelling. In my mind I was thinking that they were being too loud not to be overheard, so I thought it was great when Robert burst in.
Audrey C chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Well, what a critical chapter! I'm so relieved that things are leaning in a positive direction. But who has to come and ruin the moment! Robert. I love the "Mr. Crawley" part. Soo funny. I also hope she is pregnant. Can't wait to see what the two of them do next now that Matthew has been banished from the house.

On a more serious note, I had to read Mary's explanation about why she was going to apologize and the "you never loved her" part a few times in order to really follow her logic. So was she going to apologize because she realized that Matthew didn't marry for love but for honor instead and that was what made him so miserable? Did she not realize that Matthew never REALLY loved Lavinia before?
Guest chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Loved loved loved this chapter! That long-awaited conversation was brilliant **sobbing**

Was just wondering, Downton (Highclere Castle) is a pretty huge place, and the Lady's chambers are probably further away from the guest chambers and other rooms downstairs (presumably), so unless they're near Mary's room or at her door, wouldn't it be difficult to hear what they were conversing about (even if they were talking loudly)? It would be possible, if they were at Crawley House, but the Abbey is such a big place...

All right...I'm probably thinking too much. Maybe Robert was just onto something and making it up. : )

Can't wait to see what happens !
Guest chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Thanks for the quick update! Loved their conversation, especially Mary's apology and her recognizing Matthew's honour and pain. So beautifully written.

Love the line "He is a man who can crush your heart, and put it back together, piece by piece, with the patience of someone nursing a tiny bird's wing so she might take flight again".

I'm probably the odd one out - because I'm not sure if I liked the end part of this chapter, with Robert suddenly barging in and going ballistic. It was kind of weird. I'm sure the writer has it all planned out or it was something that Robert had plotted (and had Thomas spying on them). But it just felt strange. Nevertheless, really looking forward to the next chapter!
megspazzy chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
ROBERT ARGHKDJFBSKDFGNDSNFKJSNDGSN!
Now that that's out of my system... Of course, right when they're FINALLY getting to a good point, Flopbert has to come and screw it up. It definitely adds to the entertainment factor though! Loved how you put in the "must say it properly" part, and Mary being kind to one of the potential wives was a nice touch. Can't wait for the next!
Jenwren chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Brilliant, their a scandal, how wonderful! Loved it totally!
On either side the river lie chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
...I still do. I always have. I always shall...
I am a mere puddle made by your words.
and my being is a cascade of ripples caused by M/M.
golden12 chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Wow! I'm in shock really. What will happen? I don't really know, here's what I would hope for. Mary and Matthew leave together, marry and move to London. They become wildly successful and Robert has to eat his words. I guess I didn't follow that they were arguing loud enough for the whole house to hear, or has Thomas been making trouble alerting everyone. Neither would really surprise me. Mary's being so tired she can't keep her eyes open lead me to believe that she is carrying Matthew's child, which would be just too wonderful. Robert, what an ass. Who barges into a room, and kicks his "son" out of the house? I'll answer my own question, a self-righteous, overbearing ass.
My favorite part of this chapter, Mary telling Matthew that she loves him. "He is the man you admit to loving even though you have every intention of waiting for his admission first..."
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »