Reviews for A Girl You Knew
salzburg chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Bravo! I am applauding you! This is the first time I have laughed heartily at the end of a chapter. I can just see Matthew's 'ladies' and their families departing the Abbey in outrage. Poor Robert. He will recover. You are a marvelous writer. Thank you.
Guest chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
I was sure Robert was going to enter in her room! Omg it was epic hahahaha Poor Robert lol. Anyway I'm glad Mary has come around, she can't keep rejecting him forever...
Nenski chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
What a cliffhanger! Please tell me you won't leave us hanging too long! And I'm also kinda hoping Mary is pregnant. Maybe a situation like that will force her to overcome her fears and just marry Matthew already!
Alexa chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Please do let them finally together. I understand Lord Grantham that already losing patience with them. Matthew loves Mary, Mary loves Matthew and yearn for each other. So where is the problem? La Donna Ingenua, you're an amazing writer, but you make it too complicated. She loves him? Yes. So let her override fear (which is soon similar to cowardice). They should be married quickly, have a bunch of kids and not to drill injuries of past. It's time to move forward.
downtonlove chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Loved it! Mary's admitting to loving Matthew but now I fear for Matthew's life! I hope I'm not reading anything into Mary's symptoms (very wishful thinking). :) Thank you for the update!
luvgoround chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
First of all, good riddance with the find-a-wife girls! Robert is way over-reacting - but that's Robert isn't it? And Mary really does need to get a grip! She seems to forget a certain garden scene back in 1914 when she wasn't honest with him!
Speetsy chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Damnit! Why the hell is Robert walking into Mary's room at such an hour? Were matthew and her arguing loudly? Maybe I missed something because I was super excited for them to start getting it on and then INTERRUPTED again! Uhhhhh they've agreed to marry now right. I felt Mary was talking herself into it using her own logic she was unable to apply to herself until now. Lovely really. How often can people see things so clearly for others and are totally blind when the same situation presents itself them? Amazing.

Anyway, thanks for the pick me up this afternoon. Had a bit of an emotional entanglement after lunch and this helped clear my mind a bit. Thanks.
Guest chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
It was wonderful and thank god she came to her senses. Robert will calm down and we will have a wedding. Fabulous job!
Apollo888 chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Mary makes very little sense here, and I think that's perfect because it is complicated and they are both perplexed but willing to go forward just the same, and that's beautiful. Robert's intervention was oddly appropriate. These two need to run off somewhere and live their lives and what better way than to be kicked out of Downton? Well done.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
This absolutely hilarious. I loved Mary's "apology", which was SO like her, and Matthew's teetering frustration, and Robert throwing him out of the house. It's no more than these two deserve: they're acting like classic idiots. LOL I'm having so much fun reading this story: it's amazing how your story is one of the most painful M/M tales out there whilst simultaneously being one of the funniest (at this stage).
PelirrojaBiu chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Uugghh Robert! Why must he be such a cockblocker! Amazing chapter as always.
fulgur chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
I forget to breath while I'm reading this story, literally
ameliapemerson chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
Aaaaack! You've ratcheted up the angst again! Can't wait for the next installment! Oh Robert... But she said it! Sigh and thank you!
trinadeckers chapter 39 . 2/11/2014
*insert customary flailing* it doesn't matter that I read gives just last night, I loved it even more this time around. You capture Mary's complexity so well, and you aren't afraid to show that Matthew had faults. You allow them to truly balance one another, and that is lovely. Well done, I am so proud of you. And just to be clear, even if you did jump off a cliff I would have a massive net to catch you in!
downtonlove chapter 37 . 2/11/2014
This is what I've been waiting for! This talk! "…..but I wonder, what would have happened if I'd given you a day or two, like the poem says?" Me too! Me too, Matthew! Thank you for giving us this wonderful chapter and a bit of Robert for good measure.
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »