Reviews for A Girl You Knew
downtonlove chapter 37 . 2/11/2014
This is what I've been waiting for! This talk! "…..but I wonder, what would have happened if I'd given you a day or two, like the poem says?" Me too! Me too, Matthew! Thank you for giving us this wonderful chapter and a bit of Robert for good measure.
downtonlove chapter 36 . 2/11/2014
First, I want to properly congratulate you on your nominations! Very well deserved! Whether you finish this story before the month ends or not, I'm hooked and you absolutely have my vote(s)!

Second, thank you for being so brave with this chapter. It would've been easy to say, "Mary rolled over, opened her eyes, told Matthew she loved him. The End." You gave us the true and very honest M/M. Bravo! Downton is painful for Mary for all the reasons you mentioned in this chapter and more. It's also a painful place for Matthew too. Hopefully one day that will change but for now it's not.

Third, did I really just read a reviewer say that they want these characters to be more like Grace? What the….?
Oniton chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
Let the games begin...more from the Dowager please!
AmeriGirlTN chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
Another amazing chapter. Your description of Mary's torment enables us to share her pain in a most delightful way. Is she warming up to the idea of marrying Matthew? Maybe Cora's parading of potential wives will have a positive effect on their relationship. It'll be wonderful
to see them finally together but sad at the same time as that will be the end of a beautiful story of their love. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs
Guest chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
I love you. Will you marry me?
MsRecDirect chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
Gah! Please have her say yes soon! That was thier problem in canon, and look at the time that was wasted. Great chapter (as always).
Eviedee chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
Unsure what Mary wants, but please wrap this up because she is beginning to irritate me - what does she want of Matthew?
Nenski chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I'm glad that Matthew is finally standing his ground and sticking to his resolve to be with Mary and only Mary. It shows how much he has grown.

I'm looking forward to seeing this story end, but at the same time, I wish it could go on forever! Beautiful writing!
Apollo888 chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I love how this chapter was headed down the angst route once again and Matthew refused to let it go there. Really redeeming considering all he's done and all she's been through, and exactly what I would have expected of him long ago when he could not get out of his own way. Mary still has a long way to go, and really so does Matthew, but the difference now is that he is willing to travel that road with her, rather than alone, and hopefully she sees that she can do that. Well done!
Guest chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I was having the exact same thoughts as the previous reviewer when Mary told him "But you never asked". If she meant he never asked during their time in Ireland, then that was a bit strange for her to say, because she was so adamant about not getting married.

Thanks for the wonderful chapter. Glad that they finally finally finally finally seem to be getting somewhere.

Looking forward to your next update!
megspazzy chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
These two... They've really been put through the ringer, and now they're finally starting to move toward each other in a more purposeful manner. I'm glad you chose to have Mary be hesitant and Matthew be confused until last chapter; it felt very authentic to the characters. And I loved that Mary told Matthew to marry the other girl at the end of this chapter. It's so very Mary that she would be afraid to the point of pushing Matthew away just when he's starting to understand her better.
Guest chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Oh, Mary! He didn't ask you because before he could you said you'd never marry! The last scene in her bedroom-I'm aching for them both. This story is so wonderful, what a journey you have taken us on!
Lala Kate chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
"I'm not choosing someone else this time."

There it is. What she needed. He is addressing the core of her fear, the center of her insecurity. They are finally talking and listening, both having been bruised enough by life to render them capable of taking it all in. Beautiful chapter as always. Anxious to see what happens next. :)
Jenwren chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Love it totally! Hope you win the Highclere, you truely deserve it. Love your work!
salzburg chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Beautiful. So many sentences are excellent; I go back and read them over and over. "I'm afraid to say yes and you're afraid I'll say no." Matthew has come a long way: "Mary. Tell me what to do. Tell me what to do and I'll do it." You keep us in suspense and your story development is dynamic and believable. You already have my vote in the Highclere Awards. Thanks.
1,597 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »