Reviews for A Girl You Knew
Ns2121 chapter 44 . 6/11/2020
Amazing story! So glad I found it. Congratulations on the Highclere award that you mentioned in chapter 42. Definitely well deserved. I noticed that it has been a while since you updated on Fanfiction. I hope you are well.
Although there may no longer be updates, please know that I would love to know if Lavinia is happy. She took a great risk in your story and I hope that things turned out well for her. Thanks again. Really loved “A Girl You Knew”!
Ns2121 chapter 3 . 6/4/2020
Thank you for sharing your story. I am enjoying it very much - love your writing, love the characters and their thoughts. Can’t wait to read more and am so happy to see that there are 44 chapters! Yay. Love it so far...
Guest chapter 44 . 1/14/2020
"But I am committed to finishing this story before 2016 begins. I've got plans written in my moleskine and I believe you can expect at least three chapters and epilogue besides this one to come within the next month."

Yeah, right. Judging from the comments begging you to finish this story, this story has a hold on its followers. Hmmm. It seems as if you've no regard for your readers.
Jeanne chapter 44 . 1/14/2020
It's obvious now that you didn't mean a word you said in your note. Pity.
Guest chapter 44 . 9/30/2019
This story! Wow. I’m not sure what I thought I was getting myself into upon starting it but anything I could’ve imagined would have been blown out of the water. The complexity of the characters and their stories are so compelling. Absolutely one of the best fanfics I’ve ever read. You write these characters so well (even your OC Mack 3 ). I realize I’m a little late to this party and I’ll be here hoping you give us an update and conclusion to this wonderful story. Nevertheless, thank you for all your work so far.
ClaireR89 chapter 44 . 9/25/2019
Doesn't seem you reached your goal
Guest chapter 44 . 5/30/2019
I'll wait and wait and wait for the next chapter because it will be worth it.
Guest chapter 44 . 5/28/2019
I can't express how much I love this. (Each time I read it, I find something new.) I wish you could find it in yourself to finish it. You have a great talent, so please come back!
Teaandcrawley chapter 44 . 12/6/2018
I don’t know if you will get this, but I just finished re-reading this story. It has always been of my favorites and every once in a while I come back to, as one would a favorite novel. Each time i re-read it, something else strikes me about this. This time, it was just how much I loved Mack. The way Mary was when she was with him certainly formed who she was when she was reunited with Matthew, even though she was never fully Mary Jo with Mack and certainly would never be Mary Jo with Matthew. Anyway, it was just so lovely and I wanted you to know.
Dawns Heart chapter 43 . 11/13/2018
I just reread this story and since I left a review the first time, I'm leaving this review on this chapter, even though I have reread all the way until the end of chapter 44. I just wanted to say I loved this story. I rarely like OC's but I loved Mack and Mary with Mack. Your characterization of Mary, and of Robert, were spectacular and I thought very true to the characters they displayed throughout the show. Matthew, too, was well-characterized and well done. I love the intermittent bits and pieces of Edna St Vincent Millay's poetry that you included, and how every time you did so you tied it into the story beautifully. Mack's secret message for Mary was one of the sweetest and most heartfelt I have ever seen, and it was even more touching later when Matthew read it, saw it, and finally understood just why Mary couldn't trust him and was right not to. Matthew's love letter was sweet and wonderful and true to character. Overall, I loved it. I have no idea if you have any intention of completing it, but regardless, it's wonderful. Thanks for sharing :)

On a side note, I hope life has improved for you since your previous authors notes. It sounded like you were having a hard time, with illness and family, and I hope things are better for you now, and if they are not that they get better soon *hugs*
Klarinette49 chapter 43 . 11/9/2018
I've recently read this story again, I come back to it every two years or so. And every time it's such an emotional roller-coaster, it's truly one of my all-time favorites. Thanks so much for writing and sharing :-)
saidso chapter 44 . 9/12/2018
Wow. Just wow. I'm not at all sure if written words have *actually* moved to tears lately, or perhaps ever (?), but so many parts of your beautiful story have. It's okay if you never "finish" it - it's so beautiful. The end of chapter 44 is just fine for an ending. I can feel the rest.
saidso chapter 19 . 9/10/2018
Gosh, how could anyone make demands on this story? It's perfect the way it is; it's yours. I loved Lavinia bringing out her inner lion, and how her dad saw it in her before she did herself. I gather this story isn't "finished" but I already don't care - it's wonderful, thank you for writing as much as little as you did. You're very talented, and I'll read all of the words youve offered, with gratitude. Thank you.
sushud82 chapter 44 . 8/23/2018
Ive been nostalgic for DA lately...at least the first few seasons...and found my way back to fanfic. I really didn’t want to risk reading this story. I’ve had my heart broken by unfinished stories before and didn’t love the idea of Mary falling for someone else. But the reviews convinced me otherwise and I’m so glad I took the chance.

This story has the honor of being the first fanfic to make me cry legit tears, the writing is that on point. And to cry legit tears over an OC? Amazing! The writer captures the inner workings of the minds of our beloved Mary and Matthew with raw honesty. I love that you recognize Matthew’s flaws and mistakes and make him atone for them when he was often mistakenly characterized as the romantic hero. I also appreciate your giving Lavinia agency. The lead up to Ireland and all that happened then felt a little rushed (ha) or out of character to me, but the writing was strong enough for me to suspend my disbelief.

Great AU. Would love to see an ending! You write beautifully and with passion. I hope you are well.
Liv chapter 44 . 7/23/2018
I just reread this story and I just... it's so wonderful. Even if you never finish this, I can still love and appreciate where it ends. I can't begin to explain how real this feels. Yes, it's full of drama, but just like Mary I am able to love both Mack and Matthew in very different ways. She needed both, and to see both Mary and Matthew come out of their choices and what life has thrown at them is cathartic.

Thank you for this story.
1,595 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »