Reviews for A Girl You Knew
mngirl chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
STOP. I CAN'T. It's too heartbreaking and precious and amazing! :)) can't wait for the next chapter
Speetsy chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I loved the last scene where I felt like Mary and Matthew were convincing each other they'd figure it out. I feel like Mary is getting closer to deciding what she wants. This conversation was a huge step in helping her make the decision to be with Matthew. Of course, she's scared and trying to push him towards this blonde, Carissa. Their relationship in the story reminds me of that DVD screen where the word DVD video is in a box and floats around the screen and you watch it and hope it's corner hits the corner of the screen perfectly but it keeps missing until it finally hits. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING? I'm waiting for Mary and Matthew to hit the corner. They're getting closer!
darkblueyank chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I liked Mary's pereception of Matthew's patience in waiting for her to express herself, I guess because I have difficulty expressing myself when I talk and am always grateful to people who work their way through my thicket of sentences.

I also like Matthew's line about being a bad husband - as a man who takes his obligations seriously it can't have been easy for him to acknowledge that aloud but he was going to be completely honest with Mary.

But the whole idea that he chose Lavinia over Mary - I never understood that line of thinking. He did not have a free choice when it came down to the wedding with Lavinia and therefore did not chose her over Mary. He regarded his obligation to Lavinia as paramount, even if it meant giving up his, and Mary's happiness. Sometimes honour sucks.
LoverandaFighter chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I'm loving Matthew's character development. :)
cc-weaver chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Go Matthew! Actions speak louder than words so let's hope nothing happens with Lady C...
Your writing always leaves me wanting more!
luvgoround chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Mary is such a doink sometimes, honestly! And yes, I know it will all work out - but she really is as much her own worst enemy as anybody else could be. Imagine telling him to marry that other woman when she knows very well he wants her and only her! There, got it off my chest! YAY FOR MATTHEW! Can't say it loud enough on here!
Alexa chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Mary could begin to take account of Matthew's feelings. She must see that he loves her. So why do you let her sulk? Have it would like happy moments in this story.
xRaela chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Oh Mary:(

That last part was so touching. She clearly wants to be with him... And he can see it too. I loved Matthew's last line.

Happy to read that you're aiming to finish this within the month... Not that I want it to end quickly, but because I'm looking forward to reading lots :)
On either side the river lie chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Aaaahhhhhh, There is a rock on my chest and a tree in my eye...(will he finally properly propose?) *completely and utterly squashed by FEELS*
ZoeyBridget chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
I hope she is coming around. I think they would only be miserable apart. Lovely story, so beautifully written.
Guest chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
All right, Matthew - you've come around! Please, Mary, marry him and be happy at last….
ameliapemerson chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
This! "Matthew has ever wanted is the truth, however haltingly she exposes is it. He will wait for her, no matter how many gaps in an awkward conversation, no matter how she struggles to express what is so easy for others." He will wait this time...but hopefully it won't be too long for us the readers...I'm not sure how much more angst I can take!
trinadeckers chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
I love you, and you know why! This story might be the end of me. The ending line was by far one of my favorites. Matthew is recognizing his mistakes and my heart just breaks for Mary. I'm excited for the future chapters, but I dread seeing this story come to an end. It's just so good!
Audrey C chapter 38 . 2/10/2014
Wow, really bittersweet! Sooo many feels! I can totally sympathize with how Mary feels, under her father's thumb. Good choice Matthew. Don't repeat the same mistakes. Stick with her. Mary just needs a little more time. This was wonderful as usual!
dracke chapter 37 . 2/10/2014
I love you. That is all.

PS- that last kiss KILLED me. I was actually holding my breath while reading.
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »