Reviews for A Girl You Knew
MsRecDirect chapter 37 . 2/3/2014
This is the M/M story I have been waiting for! Love love love love it.
iLLaine chapter 37 . 2/3/2014
Would Mack really have waited for her if she hadn't be ready so soon after? I know he means it when he writes it. But I don't see him as a guy who would have waited for years. He loves her, that's for sure, she clearly isn't for him like the other girls he knew before. I know it's not relevant for the story because it's Mack thinking it at the time that change everything for Mary, but I really wonder... and I'd like to know your opinion about it (if you have the time of course).
bonnie2u chapter 37 . 2/2/2014
Thank you for coming back and continuing this story. I love your writing style, and how you develop Mary and Matthew's internal turmoil while they struggle to come back to each other. I wasn't so happy when you killed off Mack, but I love what you have done since then. I look forward to the next chapter, and the rest of the story.
Lala Kate chapter 37 . 2/2/2014
This chapter! This chapter! THIS! Yes-so gutsy, so truthful. Matthew finally admitting that he never chose Mary, never waited for her, and Mary hearing his remorse and forgiving him, loving him...AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That kiss-I want to see it. I will dream about it. Yes to this.
igally chapter 37 . 2/2/2014
You write beautifully and I love your story.
cowherderess chapter 37 . 2/2/2014
I didn't have the chance to review the last chapter because of faulty internet chez moi, but I liked it! I suppose I can see why some people didn't, but Mary's reaction is totally understandable. I was glad for their conversation in this chapter. And I hope Robert won't be too mad (though why would he be, because he's wanted M/M together for like 12 years?)
Rose chapter 37 . 2/2/2014
So that's it: the whole story revolves around this poem of Edna St Vincent (as well as the one about her not resigned to his death). It seems so clear and so logical now (at least I hope I've got the meaning?). You truly are gifted being able to write so wonderfully!
Thank you once again and cheer up, time heals all wounds.
Rose
Guest chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
I loved this chapter. Thank you :)
Guest chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
Thanks for two updates in two days! Yay!

And it's great that they finally found the right time and place to talk it over, and for Matthew to realize. You've written this so beautifully. So emotional. I can't T_T

Just want to comment a bit on the topic of honour, because it seems that it is Matthew's honour and pride that got him/them into this mess (in canon also). We should also be reminded that this is one of the reasons why we liked his character in the first place. I really liked chapter twenty (probably my favourite chapter, up till now), because it talked about his problems and why he had to drink, and of course having him coming around at last and recovering.

It would be nice if we could also see Mary reflecting on his past behaviour and understanding his past problems. [Note: need to make it clear that I'm not telling the writer what to write. Just merely expressing my thoughts. ;)]
ameliapemerson chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
I remember quoting that line... "you have no idea what it feels like to bear someone else's hurt along with your own" to you in a fan mail on tumblr knowing it said everything about this story an this relationship. Now comes the healing... they still have issues though... but thanks for not keeping them apart... talk it out! I love reading your dialogue. Like the chapter in Grace in NYC where they put it all out there and worked through their demons together. You're the best! You are such a great writer here and on your blog. V
ameliapemerson chapter 36 . 2/1/2014
This is so true to your vision. I think it was perfectly necessary...they have so many unresolved issues. Ireland was an idyll... but back to reality. As usual you get me with the dialogue.. "His answer is low. His eyes serious, though she cannot meet them. The blue is dangerous. "Lonely."

So so good!
virtualclutter chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
Well, judging from your comments on Tumblr the response to the last two chapters was rather mixed, but to be honest, I was just thrilled to find these updates and I thought both chapters were brilliant. I think, much as it is frustrating when Mary is like this, Chapter 36 was absolutely needed, alone to put Mary's behaviour in Ireland into perspective, because that almost carefree Mary that we saw there, lovely as it was, was also a bit bewildering (in the nicest way!). It seemed pretty plausible that at some point she'd start thinking (and over-thinking) again, and what better trigger for it than a return to Downton.

As for this chapter, I loved their talk, and that Matthew for once didn't give up, that he respected her, but still didn't just accept her rejection of his suggestion to meet and her reserved behaviour. I wonder if this isn't a turning point for them because at the end of this chapter, for the first time, really, I get the sense that they finally see eye to eye, that they finally have a kind of mutual understanding.

Thanks for posting, it's always a treat to get an update!
fulgur chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
Oh, the torment and passion, I'm still so hooked for this story. And I'm really glad that they want to understand each other and talk about stuff that hurts them. Such dynamic characters, thank you.
wookie.willow chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
Once again, brilliant. It's only natural that Mary would have reservations and act the way she has since coming back to Downton. I thought it was more out of character for her to let herself hook up with Matthew so quickly in Ireland than what's happening now. But who am I to even say that was out of character? When you love someone, especially if they've hurt or disappointed you - sometimes behave in ways that make everyone else say "what the hell are they thinking?" We can only do what we feel day to day to get us through those types of life events. And I think that's what Mary's doing post Mack.
It's 5am and I'm probably not making sense but I hope it's more sensical than some of the other tripe I've read in response to this fic. I don't understand why people are complaining. Well I do, people are morons. There's fics for people who want happy endings that exist in fairy land - it's called fluff and I wish they'd bugger off and read it and stop writing bullshit reviews on this story.
You're rad!
Naniee chapter 37 . 2/1/2014
Dun dun duunnnn! Hehe Cool, I'm really enjoying the moments when they discuss their issues.
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »