Reviews for A Girl You Knew
golden12 chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
I love how Mary decided to come with Matthew, but had a negotiation to get something she wanted.
I am anxious to see how this resolves. If she becomes pregnant, then Matthew will always feel a little like she went into the marriage under duress. But, how can they continue to understand one another and grow together with Downton, and going back being her father's daughter. Maybe she could move to London, and live at Grantham house for a while? (And Matthew could have a big case he is working on and must stay in London?) Mary needs to be the one to tell Matthew that she loves him, and wants to be with him. Thank you for the quick updates, your readers appreciate your hard work.
luvgoround chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
Just drinking it all in, LDI. Not long enough - their time in the hotel room - more, more more...but so wonderful
Guest chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
You did it! and you are promising 10- 15 more. I couldn't be more delighted. Your story has long been my favorite. I have read it from the beginning two more times and find it more amazing each time. You are an extremely talented writer.

I understand Mary needs time to work this all out. I think she may be subconsciously wanting to get pregnant with M. child. In ch19 when she received Cora's letter telling her about ther M/L divorce, you wrote, "Mary ignored the ache in her own womb, ignored the old dream of rocking blue-eyed babies to sleep." But what will this do to Matthew? He said it would kill him for Mary to be forced to marry him, not because she wanted to. Looking forward to your next chapter. Thanks!
Eternally Romantic chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
This was so good. I can't get over it. I love it. I can't wait to see how you resolve all this!
ameliapemerson chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
That was just so right...for your story...Mary's doubts...Matthew's overeagerness to set aside those doubts...all necessary plot developments. And Liverpool...Yes what a lovely section about the dress..very erotic without overdoing it. And there are going to be secret rendezvous at DA! Ah. Thanks. And yes I've been checking all day for this update! You're the best! V
On either side the river lie chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
YOU'RE A DARLING AND I LOVE YOU...and your fanfiction, and your M/M/M...it's like a drug and I can't get enough...and I am all feels and with no coherent thoughts...and thank you, you break my heart and buoy my soul...you are my queen of M/M...hugs and cheers
Guest chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
Love this story and love these two. Thank you!
Lala Kate chapter 34 . 12/7/2013
Review: I love the jagged edges your Mary still bears. She has come a long way in a year, yet she is still terrified to give herself completely to someone else-even if it is the man she has loved for such a long time. I find this very realistic and compelling, this war within herself, wanting to be with Matthew-needing him-yet knowing losing him as she did Mack would break her completely. And Matthew loving her through this, frustrated with the knowledge that what he desires so badly could be no more than a dream yet willing to step back and let her make her own decisions. At least they are talking at one level. If she would only open herself up a bit more, real progress could be made.

Your writing is superb, as always. So real, so gutsy, so raw yet refined. Keep it coming, sister! I await the next fix.

Predictions: Mwhahahahaha

Max is not really dead but is in reality a vampire who is secretly tracking Mary all over Ireland. He attempts to bite her neck when she is finally alone to secure her as his mate for life-or wait, the afterlife, or wait...whatever. Matthew walks in on him and becomes so enraged he turns into a werewolf on the spot, and the two fight it out in poor Sybil and Tom's house. How's that for an original story idea! ;)
Hogfan chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I have to agree with one of your guest reviews on this chapter. To have Mary to not want to really move on with Matthew because of Mack does seem a bit silly because it's not like Mack really was the love of her life. Mack was just the poor girl's Matthew. I'm not sure if Mack even really wanted the real Mary. He was all about Mary Jo. Mary Jo was the person Mack wanted Mary to only real reason Mary was with Mack in the first place was because she couldn't have Matthew. Matthew loves Mary for who she really is.
The good and bad.
I would like to see her back at Downton and to see all the women being pushed at Matthew so it'll force her to admit that Mary does want to be with Matthew.
Anyway I am looking forward to the next chapter.
On another note have you thought about giving Mary a short new haircut because I really like MD's short hair.
Guest chapter 34 . 12/6/2013
Their relationship has such a ring of truth to it, even though (thankfully!) the tables have turned and Matthew has begun redeeming himself! Thanks for writing such an absorbing story!
viscountessmary chapter 34 . 12/6/2013
Well, this was a very good chapter. It's interesting how Mary's trying to protect herself and the way Matthew respects (and, to an extent, understands) her, but tries to show his worth all the same.
I still think she's probably pregnant, and that this would be why she would start to let her guard down and allow herself to live again (which would be a rather nice storyline, I think), but I trust you whatever the direction you choose to take. I also really like how she's aware of her feelings, but still tries to supress them. Very good writing!
I do hope your family situation gets better soon. Have a great weekend!
megspazzy chapter 34 . 12/6/2013
I'm so glad you've been taking this where you want it to go, rather than listening to the rambling requests of the peanut gallery! I just want to give Mary a huge hug and remind her that not everyone she loves is going to die... Can't wait to read the next chapter!
Guest chapter 34 . 12/6/2013
Well the ONLY hope is that she DOES get pregnant and they HAVE to marry. You have written Mary's thoughts very convincingly, in fact, so convincingly that I can't see what Matthew could do to overcome them. So Matthew DID tell her about the baby? I SO want to see them as a happy family (darn you Dan Stevens for wrecking S4)! I feel bad for Tom, too, as he's already NOT a favorite and anything that results from this just makes things worse for him. I totally get the "I'm telling the person what present I got them" thing, so don't spill the story before you write the chapters, as your chapters are SO captivating. I do also wish you all the best with your family situation. Great mugs. I should take up drinking coffee or tea, just to have one!
Guest chapter 33 . 12/6/2013
Oh poor Matthew! I feel SO sorry for him! I guess I understand that Mary never wants to give her heart away again, but on the other hand I think Matthew feels like she'd still be with Mack if he were alive, so what is he really but a stand-in? Well I hope this ends well for them, but not too soon, as I am truly enjoying the story!
ameliapemerson chapter 34 . 12/6/2013
Thanks for the update. I leave the plot in your more than capable hands...I loved Matthew in this chapter..as a previous review said..I've patiently waited 34 chapters...And I'll wait a lot longer as I don't want this story to end...as Kavan suggested having Matthew endure numerous potential wives thrown at him by Cora and Mary getting more jealous than she expected..if she turns to DA that is...would be a fun plot development..And I'm ready for some fun and flirtatious encounters for our MM! As you know I think you're the best! V
I'm not so sure about the lady C's lover cxn as in that story the woman had a sexually impotent husband... just a thought...
1,597 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 .. Last Next »