Reviews for A Girl You Knew
Sugie chapter 44 . 12/20/2016
I don't know how Mary refrained from leaping across the dining room table and absolutely ripping Robert's throat out; he was so relentlessly hurtful. The end of the chapter though was as lovely as the dinner scene was brutal.

I first discovered this story a few months ago, and have just finished reading it through for the second time. It is SO achingly beautiful. Won't you please consider finishing it? As another reviewer mentioned, like Mack (LOVE him!) I'm willing to wait. This story and your writing are worth it.
Guest chapter 44 . 11/19/2016
So this fabulous story I'm reading sincère weeks and weeks had not à proper end? Anyway I liked it a lot, a lot, a lot. Am huge work. I was thrilled from the beginning to the last chapter. Could have take more but I ça understand there is other things more important in life the FF. So I'm grateful for the numerous great moments of fun I had devoring this long journay. Big, big thanks with all my gratitude for your talent and generosity! MMA
Guest chapter 44 . 10/22/2016
I've just read this for the first time yesterday and stopped at chapter 20-something before going to bed, just at the part after the motorcar accident and Matthew's contemplation of honour and dignity. You've crafted such a powerful narrative full of layers, that my mind couldn't just let it go and it literally played out in my dreams! My subconscious couldn't handle just how intricate and immersive your writing is, it had to digest it as I slept.

Alas, I've come to chapter 44, too quickly. I am greedy, and want more. More of your beautiful writing. You've given each character so much layers, and dragged them all through unimaginable depths of despair. Where I, as the reader, felt every single bit of angst, mortification, confusion, longing and hope along with the characters. I long to see how masterfully you'll give them peace and happiness, in the hopes of feeling exactly that for Mary & Matthew (the same way I've felt their pain).

Although I am a bit late to the party, seeing as this was first published in 2012(!) and last updated in late 2015, I do hope we still get to see this beautiful story's end. They do say: good things come to those who wait...so just like Mary & Matthew (& especially Mackenzie!), I shall wait.
Guest chapter 44 . 10/21/2016
Words cannot describe how much I love this chapter...their vulnerability, their love, their hurt and their hope comes off the page and hits me in the head, and it is beautiful. Love the love letter at the end. I will wait for the next chapter as long as it takes for you to write it, because this is an outstanding story. Thank you so much!
TheLadyMaleficent chapter 44 . 9/23/2016
Revisiting this amazing story again. Such rich, evocative writing. You are missed.
Guest chapter 44 . 8/12/2016
I don't know if you write anymore, but if you still do, would you consider finishing this story? I just reread it for the 5th or 6th time, because it is one of the best I've ever read.
dashabout chapter 44 . 7/23/2016
I just HATE it when a good writer fails to finish a fabulous story. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sorely disappointed that you have left your readers hanging.
Guest chapter 44 . 7/8/2016
rereading for the 5th time and as lovely as always! Hoping for an update!
Ndia chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
This is amazing, made me cry.
Avelona-and-Sally chapter 25 . 6/13/2016
I didn't love downton abbey, or any of the characters except thomas who wasnt even mentioned in this fanfic so far, and yet im crying (like actually. Tears.) Over an OC that interfered with the pairing i had searched for in the first place. Like. . . . Damn, man. Fuck. Youre good at what you do.
Guest chapter 44 . 5/13/2016
Waiting for the next chapter!
Aurowanfinn chapter 44 . 5/7/2016
I found this fic a few days ago and I love it. Mac is wonderful and this addresses many of the issues I have with DA. Thank you for writing this and please update.
WickedLovely43 chapter 23 . 4/20/2016
I'm new to this story. And you've surprised me. Usually I am stuck in my ways when I ship a certain couple (M&M always) but even though I knew it wasn't meant to be for this fic, I was rooting for Mary and Mack. I really wish you had a fic where they ended up together for good. I would very much like to read that. I loved that he always only wanted her to be happy and she let herself be happy with him. But I also liked the wisdom behind it, you can only be happy if you let yourself. You can only love who you let yourself love. Mary3Mack
Katydid42 chapter 44 . 4/15/2016
Ah the end. That letter got to me and I am not ashamed to admit it. A showdown with Robert has been a desire of mine for years. Thank you.
Katydid42 chapter 32 . 4/15/2016
So sad. :( but Tom's shock made this chapter light as well as heavy. Good balance!
1,595 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »