Reviews for A Girl You Knew
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 44 . 12/17/2015
I like the slow start inside Mary's POV. Nice idea that joy is an unfamiliar emotion that is slowly creeping up on her.

I like how you describe the guilt sneaking in like a third person between them, because it has such a gripping life of its own.

Wow, nice image with Mary just wanting to lay down in her evening gown and die next to Mack.

I don't like how Robert is a cardboard villain with no sense to his position, but it was still satisfying to see Mary and Matthew stand up to him.

I liked the love letter. I look forward to their wedding and to you bringing this story to a satisfying close. :)
Guest chapter 44 . 12/10/2015
That was lovely, G;ad to see how much M&M are a team. Thank you for continuing this.
Guest chapter 44 . 12/9/2015
Thenk you for the update!
Love the new chapter the love leater was butiful it allmost felt like poetry! I can imjane it in Dan Stivens deep voise..
Cant wait till next time
Guest chapter 44 . 12/8/2015
Please update. Know quite well how difficult it is to write the next chapter. A very interesting story.
abbyfan chapter 44 . 12/4/2015
I'm so glad you've decided to trek on with this story! Matthew and Mary's journey has been truly beautiful and lovely to read. I also wanted to say that I appreciate and admire your commitment to finishing this story. I understand how some writers' interest in writing M/M stories has waned since season 3, but I really respect those dedicated to finishing out what they've started, especially with stories as good as this one. Best of luck with writing the last few chapters, I look forward to reading them. Cheers!
Downton.fangirl chapter 44 . 12/4/2015
HELLO! I'm so glad you have decided to finish this! As you know this story means a lot to me and I am beyond thrilled you're back! This chapter was almost painful to read, I had forgotten just how much this story tugs at the heartstrings! I'm glad that Mary and Matthew talk about Mack and their past, it's a tribute to real life and not a fairy tale. I love they way you write Matthews guilt and Mary's softening heart, you've really captured the anguish and love. You're an amazing author and I'm so glad you're back! I can't wait to see how this all plays out!
ameliapemerson chapter 44 . 12/3/2015
Ah... the sweet tears of me reading this! Thank you so much for bringing us back into this wonderful world you created. I love this story so much. I know I've written to you so much about it over the years (under my tumblr name of haslemere) but this chapter is just as if you never stopped writing it. It crackles! The dialogue. The phrasing. The "I loved you even then.." sigh... And your bringing all the plot strands together! Excellent. The letter is perfection. That's my Matthew... all the curves and edges.
Ssnqrq chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
Oh finally we are here with an amazing update. A very well written and please continue this! I love your story and want to see how they will reach there...
Klarinette49 chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
Oh, so glad to have a new chapter to read! This is one of the most emotional and difficult fic I have ever read, but you do it justice in every single chapter. And this one is no exception! That letter...
The Great Cavema chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
Thanks for updating! I love this story so much as painful as it can be. What a wonderful surprise this morning!
Teaandcrawley chapter 43 . 12/2/2015
Thank you so much for coming back to this wonderful, heartbreaking, fantastic story. There are a few fabrication stories that I can read over and over because they are so well written, and yours is one of them. I am so glad that you have chosen to finish this. Your Matthew, as flawed and broken as he is, may be my favorite Matthew.
salzburg chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
From the beginning paragraph ("she is trying to be"), to the last ("from then on she receives a love letter every morning"), I am in awe! You are not 'out of practice'. I'm grateful you are finishing plot lines and exposing secrets - the one with Kemal Pamuk had to be said. I've reread your story several times and, as you can tell, I love it. Thanks.
jenninthecity chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
I was just thinking about this fic the other day and I'm happy to see it updated! Even though I haven't gone back to re-read (I'm not sure I can handle all the ups and downs for a second time right now), I thought you did a great job in bringing us in to where we are now and the conflicts (hoo boy!) that are happening. LOVE Matthew's love letters and handful of flowers - so cute! Can't wait to finish this one up :)
darkwolf76 chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
I was suprised to see the update but plesantly so. It was a great chapter and I can't wait to read the next one!
Stephanie chapter 44 . 12/2/2015
I m so glad you are back! Please, continue. This story deserves a happy ending.
1,596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »