Reviews for A Girl You Knew
ShippingMaryandMatthewForever chapter 43 . 8/27/2015
please please finish this story, its really good :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
I just caught up with this story and I love it so so much! Everything about it! I loved Mack even though I'm a hardcore Mary/Matthew fan! I absolutely love your style of writing, please continue this incredible story!
Downton.fangirl chapter 1 . 7/1/2015
Rereading this beautiful story because I love it so much! Hang in there girl!
Ssnqrq chapter 42 . 6/13/2015
Dear author
I saw this fiction , top above when it was filtered with the review. I was quite curious and picked up some chapters but refused to continue because as a shipper of MM I hate the whole idea that Mary loved Mack and married to him in a quite happy and content marriage. I only read some of lastest chapters. But today, there is a storm all over the city I live, the power is dead and I have nothing to do but wander the with my phone. And yes, I spend the whole day to read 43 chapters of this story and find it so brilliant, fabulous, beautiful and so special. You never make it easy for them, don't you? I don't like the way you described Matthew in some first chapter. I am not a fan of Lavinia or Mack but things are so quite cruel to them. When I feel conflicted, happy to see Mary get a new life yet hate it without Matthew at the same time, you took the turn with the car accident. And I think you was quite cruel to Mary. But then, step by step, i find that you have you right way to bring them back together. Yes, it does mean he lived his life and so did she, now it's time they live them together. You take my heart away with your story. You make me feel ached for 4 of them, Mary, Matthew, Mack and Lavinia. Never Have that feeling before, counting me finish all M M stories. Thank you for a great fiction. From what you said, I guess life is hard for you but please do make this story to the proper ending. This amazing story totally deserves it.
MsDA chapter 42 . 5/18/2015
Please please update this wonderful story!
danceegirl92 chapter 43 . 3/19/2015
Well, I finally stopped crying, not sure when but I am completely in love with this story! I really can't wait for the next chapter, that's to say little of how eagerly I anticipate their HEA. If this story could be made a movie (which I know it can't) it would be the one I watch over and over again, no matter how much it makes me cry. I said this in my previous review, but your story does so much with my favorite characters, making them even more human which makes their love that much more special. I really can't wait for the baby, kind of hoping it's a girl so Matthew can put Robert's advice into practice.
danceegirl92 chapter 24 . 3/19/2015
I meant to review once I got through all the chapters, but I couldn't help myself. I honestly don't think (and please don't take this as a complaint) that I've ever cried this much on my birthday. Obviously, I could have just stopped reading if I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't. Your writing is so compelling that I have to keep reading despite how much I hate (an exaggeration, but I don't know how else to say it) what Mary and Matthew are going through. I expected something like this when Mack came into the story (not necessarily a car accident, which is kind of painfully ironic-and i'm sure exactly what you intended) but still. I love how you've developed Mary and Matthew into something more; I always wished that she could have shared with Matthew what she did with Mack about her past, but your story has made more of Mary than I think the show allows. Similarly, with Matthew, perhaps because he left the show so soon after the marriage, there isn't much of a portrayal of him having faults, something I both love and hate (once again, an exaggeration) about your Matthew. I think I'll stop here, since this is the longest review I've ever written :)
StarStarTeachMe chapter 43 . 1/30/2015
I just discovered this story last night and have binge read it! It's so well written, and the narrative you have constructed is so believeable for Mary and Matthew as characters. I loved Mack as an original character too. I know what it's like when real life takes over. . . But I just wanted to let you know that when you're ready to write more, I'll be waiting to read it! Thanks for entertaining me so well for the past day.
Downtonian chapter 22 . 11/10/2014
Mack totally died didn't he :'( *sobbing*
Downtonian chapter 11 . 11/9/2014
I don't want Mack's heart to be broken :'( so I've pretty much jumped on the Mack/Mary ship!
Downtonian chapter 10 . 11/9/2014
It's terrible but I almost love Mack/Mary more than Matthew/Mary...
liferscove2118 chapter 9 . 10/23/2014
I might love this chapter a lot. Edna St. Vincent-Millay, her poetry has a tendency to kick people in the butt; I can remember being emotionally wrung out more than once thanks to her stuff.

Lovely work on this chapter. now I'm onwards to the next one.
cc-weaver chapter 43 . 10/18/2014
First, let me hug you. With everything that you have gone through, the fact that you can even concentrate on writing is remarkable. This chapter was so sweet and beautiful. I feel like MM have made it over the hill but do I detect some possible wedding jitters on Mary's end?
tunewithoutwords chapter 43 . 10/16/2014
I am still here! I can't quite remember what happened with Robert, though I can hazard a pretty good guess. What chapter is that in?
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 43 . 10/15/2014
So happy to see you (and this story) still going!

I reread chapter 42 as you suggested and was struck again by how brave you are to write the hard things and how much I respect you for continuing in the face of opposition of all kinds. This story has been the hardest for me to read and the most difficult for me to enjoy (of the major M/M AU fics), but still I keep coming back because you don't flinch from truth. 'Grace' is one of my all-time favorite fics in any fandom, and I trust you to tell the story you want to tell here, too. In chapter 42, you did a wonderful job of sharing the complexities of how M/M would react to an out-of-wedlock baby.

Now that I'm into chapter 43, I loved the moment when they remained silent, because it protected both of them from saying anything that might hurt the other. That feels very real.

The sex scene worked for me. :) I'm sad we missed the Robert/Matthew scene, but by leaving it out, you preserved the happy, bobbing sense of what Matthew feels right now, so that was a wise choice. I liked how Cora had clued into what was going on and how Matthew realized that she had. I loved the "you're a 'we'...finally" bit.

Cheering you on!