Reviews for Tron: Regenesis
cool
Sailor Pandabear chapter 17 . 1/2/2015
intrigiuing
Pirateweasel chapter 17 . 12/31/2014
Waiting eagerly for more...even if it is unedited and beer-fueled.
It's just too good of a story concept to ignore.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 16 . 12/16/2014
intriguing. not much dialogue but very angsty.
Gyreflight chapter 16 . 11/21/2014
Oh /thank you/ *rubs hands together*. These scene shards are just the sort of thing that I hoped you meant when you said that you might be willing to share.

But oh dear, they really aren't good for each other, are they, Tron and Rinzler...

Yori had it right, perhaps. Tron's self hatred is expressing itself in all the wrong ways, and evidently empathy doesn't work on an enemy whom you think of as an convenient externalisation of your own self instead of an individual in his own right. Unfortunately it's hard to imagine a better scapegoat, and even the fact that he fights back (won't accept his punishment) is just going to feed the circle of justification.

Poor Yori though. She's the one with the most unwarped perspective, but it's going to hurt her to see what's happening...and hurt worse if she feels she has to intervene. No one's going to come out of this clean.

Strange to think that Rinzler's acknowledgement of his own damage may actually give him the high ground on the sanity field, while Tron really can't see what he's doing to himself – in either of the senses that apply in this most peculiar of situations.

Ah well, thanks again for sharing.

(Oh, and sorry for the slightly delayed response. There was Stuff. And Things. Yes. Yes there was.)
Cyberbutterfly chapter 12 . 10/6/2014
Holy crap woman, you WROTE AN ORIGINAL BOOK (are writing a book)! Well, okay, I'm toasting to your mad writing skills! I can write fanfiction. My writers talent ends there.

Well, you know me... I'll take anything I can get, so post all the sample you want. (god knows it's more than I've managed to accomplish in the last year and a half) So, fight the good fight, keep working hard. And, hey, drop a line and let me know when the book is fully published and the name of it so I can acquire myself a copy :D

Chat at ya later... PEACE, LOVE, and PIXIE DUST
Gyreflight chapter 11 . 9/3/2014
Rinzler /and/ Tron. Now this is going to be interesting, especially given how you have already done so much characterisation work on them both...and yes, that meeting goes about as well as could be expected (I suspect that neither of them would want to be told how closely their reactions to their otherselves mirror each other).

It seems that Tron has good reason not to trust the sea – it saved him, yes, but it took a payment that is now coming due...

Rinzler as an ISO, with a mind that simply doesn't work the same way that he remembers, a body that is only nearly what it was, and a purpose that he's still trying to understand – you're not giving him an easy time of it with this one.

I've seen a lot of stories which make an effort to understand Tron's feelings about his corrupted self, but I've never seen it done the other way round, where suddenly Rinzler's reaction is a thing of both sense and sympathy: “and he looks at me /with my eyes/ that /he took from me/” *shiver* - there's a lot of power and emotion encapsulated there.

I'm glad you brought Yori into this too – she has her own history with Rinzler as well as Tron, and a far less compromised perspective of the whole situation, though it's unlikely to be a comfortable position for her to find herself in.

I do hope that you're able to come back to this...I'm not sure it's safe for Rinzler to be left alone for too long in that awful cell (safe for whom though, I wonder).
Sailor Pandabear chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
nice and sad
ferroignus chapter 11 . 7/12/2013
Please, for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, keep writing! ALL OF THEM! So beautiful.
XLR8ION chapter 11 . 3/6/2013
I knew it. All I'm going to say is this: Tron is a bastard. I know he hates Rinzler (and the feeling between them is mutual), but he's using what he knows, what he remembers of Rinzler, to torment him, seemingly for no other reason than to spite him. Tron's supposed to be the good guy! Good guys don't do that! But apparently there's more of Rinzler left in him than he knows...

And so now I wait. Hopefully (I see it's been a couple months) there will be an update sitting in my inbox soon. I will read it happily. :)
XLR8ION chapter 4 . 3/6/2013
Only a few chapters in and once again, Rinzler is already my favorite. I love this new take on Rinzler and Tron. Most people have them share the same body, each battling for control, or remove one of them all together. Usually Rinzler. Your take -using the Sea of Simulation to "re-birth" him as an ISO- just blew me away. It never occurred to me that the Sea might have that capability, but thinking about it now, I see it makes sense.

I like it.

It amuses me seeing Rinzler try to make sense of his new found freedom, though I'm not sure it will lead him to a nice end. Bad things always happen to my favorite characters, and if the previous story is anything to go by, I know something will. Or maybe not. Maybe you'll play nice and go easy on my tear ducts. Probably not though.

Whatever happens, I know I will enjoy it. Thank you for the sequel! :)
Cyberbutterfly chapter 11 . 1/25/2013
God... I love that last line! Sends chills up my spine ever single time.

Hey- short chapters are good... Short chapters can say a LOT when you want them to. And this one tells it all. Because... More than what's coming, more than what's happened to him before... You know, I think just the ROOM is going to start fracturing Rinzler into little pieces.

And I can't help but hate Tron in this moment- because he would KNOW (or at least sense) what that room will do to Rinzler, and he's doing it to him anyway.

Scary when the grids hero becomes no better than the program he despises.
Mysteriousity1 chapter 11 . 1/25/2013
Beautifully done as always ;)
Cyberbutterfly chapter 10 . 12/1/2012
Damn... Seriously, you are the QUEEN of the emotional rollercoaster scenes... And all that's happening is to programs STANDING together!

It's just... There both so BROKEN... And they've given and given of themselves, and now the grid is throwing this at them... You can just HEAR how tired and hurting they both are. It's, well, heartbreaking.

I'm reading this and wanting to crawl into the story just so I can hug them and tell them its going to be all right... But, then a part of me thinks that I CAN'T do that- because I'm not sure how true that statement would be.

Honestly, girl, if there's any justice in the world someone from Disney is reading this and you'll wind up assisting in the creation of Tron 3.

Just saying.
Arrowhead1996 chapter 9 . 12/1/2012
Majorly cool! I haven't even found any words that would make me stop. Definitely T, for now anyway. Next soon, please!