Reviews for To Every Thing There is a Season
twobrothers chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Great discussion of the issue of when to fight and when to walk away. Jess and Slim's points of view ring true. Gives food for thought to kids even today.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Very nicely told story; I loved the contrast between Slim and Jess's views on Mike fighting.
kayaklady chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
An interesting theme and one which the series itself touched on in part. I imagine that your professor's discussion did not include the factor of the presence of, or lack of effective laws and law enforcers. Claim jumping on the US frontier continued through the 1910's.

You have an interesting story thread going here and it would be interesting to see you continue it.
NokuMarieDeux chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Isn't it interesting that gun culture in the civilian populace is still alive and well fifty years later? We live in a rural community in the South where EVERYONE knows that everyone else keeps weapons in their homes and vehicles. :-)
Fortitudine chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
A thoughtful look at an interesting philosophical conundrum...I would wager that for everyone who supports the view that a man who doesn't wear a gun doesn't need one, you'll find someone arguing for the opposite end of the spectrum. This is an issue that is all grey rather than black and white.

Disclaimer: I own a licensed handgun but don't carry it.