Reviews for The Effect of Diaspora
Verina Du'Arden chapter 14 . 9/20
I'm happy to hear you're 'Not Dead' yet, but I'd be even happier to know for sure if you intend to continue this story. I hope so, because I'd love to see how this Alliance handles the Reaper problem.
guest chapter 10 . 7/14
First of all, the tech disparity between the various citadel species is tiny. The Asari are never more than a few decades in advance of the other species, and usually the gap is closer to a single decade as far as military hardware goes.
Secondly, there's no way in hell they would invite the asari fleet into orbit of their planet when they just fought a battle over is and their defenses are weakened. If it's a deception and the asari intend to attack they are giving them a perfect position to do it from.
Thirdly, the asari fleet should have come out of ftl a lot farther out (at least ten light seconds from the planet) and they would have sent their message the instant they got into realspace - not waited five minutes.
Difdi chapter 12 . 7/3
I find myself wondering what the kids from an Asari/Treecat pairing would be like.
Difdi chapter 2 . 7/3
You have a highly improbable technical error in this chapter. Video formats are even more arbitrary than languages. If you're at the prime numbers stage of communicating with aliens, not only will they be unable to understand a video feed, they would have an easier time with it if you encrypted it first - encryption at least has the advantage of being based on math recognizable math.

You can't even watch a US tv broadcast in the EU (and vice versa) without running the signal through a converter system first, so there is NO way that human video signal arrived as anything but unreadable garbage on the quarian ship.
Difdi chapter 1 . 7/3
Turians versus post-Great War ships of the wall? Oh those poor, poor doomed Turians.

A Great War DESTROYER is the size of a Turian CRUISER. A Light Cruiser is the size of a smallish Dreadnought, a Heavy Cruiser is a bit bigger than a Turian Dreadnought, and a Battlecruiser would make the Destiny Ascension look small and cute by comparison.

It'll be brown pants all around when the Turians see their first Super Dreadnought. And that ignores the fact that the Grand Alliance has FTL sensor capability, while Citadel race sensors are strictly light speed. By the time the Turians even see their enemy, the wall will have fired off ten or twenty missile waves already. Missiles designed to penetrate active laser defenses that make GARDIAN arrays look like a sick joke. And kinetic barriers have no effect on x-ray lasers.

This would be a glorious, HILARIOUS curb stomp even with the technology levels we see Midshipman Honor Harrington using. Grand Alliance tech from 200 years after the Great War wielded by a united humanity? The REAPERS are utterly screwed, the Citadel races are mere speedbumps.
Good work please continue
Not many people know this, but all Honorverse ships have particle shielding rated to take hits from 1 ton objects travelling at 0.8c. That translates to roughly 6.8 gigatons, hundreds of thousands of times more powerful than ME ship weapons. Even civilian vessels would be laughing and pointing as the Turians try to figure out why their strongest weapons aren't doing a thing.
Puidwen chapter 14 . 5/25
I''m not sure about power levels of the two sides in this fic, but you nail the tone of both series i think. Overall it was highly enjoyable.
Alkeni chapter 14 . 5/10
I love this fic. If you ever feel the desire to update, I'll def read it.
Alkeni chapter 10 . 5/10
Noice.
Alkeni chapter 7 . 5/10
So Cerberus is the Audubon Ballroom... interesting.
Alkeni chapter 1 . 5/10
Okay, this is an amazing concept that I need more of. *continues to read*
Strigidae87 chapter 2 . 4/15
Ouch. The poor bastard.
mistbornlax chapter 1 . 2/11
Intriguing!

I don't normally read slash (exception: femslash!), but I will give this a shot because I like both series and this sounds like an interesting crossover :)

Hope your slash isn't too graphic :)

So, I'll get on with it and start reading!

greetings LAX
Lord Sia chapter 14 . 2/9
Still got it. I hope. Do go on?