Reviews for Blood of the Bayou
aXforamnesty chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
ugh! this is SO frustrating! i LOVE this and i TOTALLY praise you as an author! your writing style and characterization is always dynamic and fantastically brilliant and ADDICTING as hell. which is WHY multiple chapter stories from you are EVIL. WHY?! how can you leave us hanging like that?! thats just cruel! part 4 better be up tomorrow or i may spontaneous burst into flames!

all the praise in the world,
TinTin11 chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Great chapter! You had my adrenaline going almost just as much as Sam's toward the end!
JazzyIrish chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Fabulous! Love your action and pacing - makes reading your story a thrill of its own.

Love, love "find Sammy NOW Dean". Nothing drives that man to a frenzied pace like trying to find a lost Sam. Got a kick out of Dean talking with the kid and getting quite a bit of information from him. Dean and kids - a natural. And Smart!Dean knows he needs the help of a trusted, local hunter. Good call.

I don't know anything about Voodoo, loa, Bo magic, or bokor but I'm following along pretty well, so that speaks most favorably about your storytelling abilities. :) And I find it all very interesting, to boot.

Smart!Sam is here too. Loved how he managed to assess his situation and get himself free. I really liked his memories of his dad's teachings as he was making his escape in the bayou. Great job with the action there, especially with the alligator and wild jeep ride.

And yes, we do know where he's headed, don't we? I'm sure that there will be much more misery ahead for our heroes. :( See you next chapter..
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Fabulous opening! Love sexy, fun-loving Dean - someone we haven't seen a whole lot of recently. :( Great energy in the tete-a-tete between our lovers until things went south at the end.

Loving this mystery regarding the boys' tattoos and what significance they have as the story unfolds. Things are never good when the boys are separated and Dean is never happy when Sam goes missing. ;)

Looking forward to seeing where you take us on this journey! See you next chapter...
deanssammy chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
oh i so love this story can't bad thing is that i have to wait til sunday to read it because there would be no time for it on saturday
Thorny Hedge chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
I am hanging on your every word!
LadyRaylen chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Ahh, but Saturday is so far away!

Hehee never underestimate a Winchester. On a side note, isn't this after the point where Sam was possed by Lucifer? Wouldn't that be is his top ten list for possession? Besides Meg? :-)

Anyway, great chapter and looking forward to the next!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Now that's what I call a page turner! This is wonderful!

I have no idea how manage to weave such complicated and intricate story lines without pulling your hair out! I loved how you chose to bring Wandell into the mix as well as all the voodoo - not to mention Parise going after Ti-Jean.

This really is a true to its word casefic (especially when compared to the rough draft of my latest which I now no longer consider a casefic!) You truly are a master in his genre.

And I can tell that you've researched your as* off too which I always appreciate and admire - its attention to detail that make a good story an awesome one.

Plus, you took away Sam's shirt, made him sweaty and then shot him! You've certainly being paying attention to wardrobe (or lack thereof!) and we're only 2 chapters in!

I also like seeing Dean research a case, its so often left to Sam on the show and I like seeing Dean connecting the dots and trusting his instincts to make connections. And I guess that leaves Sam to be the action hero, which I also love to see!

Sadly I have a family get together this weekend so I won't be able to catch up until Tuesday but I'll be back - you can count on it! This truly is gripping stuff. Take care, :)
sylvia37 chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Goooo Sam! I'm on the edge of my seat. I hope he and Dean make it back together soon.

Nice job.
Headoverheels14 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
This story is awesome! The intricacy of this case and all the detail is extraordinary! Truly enthralling read! I can't wait for more! And thank for making Sam badass instead of a pathetic whining damsel that can't function without Dean there to kiss his boo-boos. I get so tired of that lol! Love it! Love it! Love it! Wonderful writing and descriptions! You are truly talented!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
YEAHHH! You go, Sammy! That was bad-ass! Dean would be proud Great scene you wrote there!
Dean needs to find Sam now! They are stronger together and Sam needs some first-aid. Well, let's see what happens!
Definitely coming back for the next chapter!
calcium77 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
I wish I was further behind on my email and I had not known about this until it was all posted. Waiting until Saturday will be torture.

Super exciting actiony chapter! I was on the edge of my seat while Sam made his escape!

With chapters like this I don't miss the show so much. This is just as good. Kind of better since I know you will do just the right amount of whumping. They rarely do that on the show ;-).

Love love love the story!

P.s. I'm going to Louisiana this weekend for a wedding. Better watch out for gaters and voodoo folks ;-)
JaniceC678 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Oh WOW! What an awesome treat to come home to at the end of a VERY long day! That TOTALLY rocked! WTG Sammy!

And all your research is showing! You really make the whole voodoo lore come to life with all the terminology flowing so easily - and's TOTALLY stuff the guys would know, too, so having Sam thinking in terms of using the correct terms just adds to the realism. I know you worked hard for this one and, man, it show!

(Oh, and SmallLady who introduced herself in a previous review is more than just a friend...she was part of the original sn fantasy plot conversation that gave rise to this particular little idea. I didn't think of it alone, LOL!)

But, man, from a bare hint of an idea (mostly involving wardrobe choices, LOL!) you have taken that idea and turned it into this AWESOME story! Can't wait for Saturday!
SmallLadyT28 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
First, Wow! Second, I'm a friend of Janicec678 and also a New Orleanian! Any time there's a story coming from my area, I cringe waiting for it to always be Mardi Gras and too over the top. So far, I am pleasantly surprised and also fanning myself (thank you) for the opening Dean scene and the hurt Sam (thank you from a Sam girl) scene! My voodoo doll, Maire,by my computer and I are ready to move on to ch 2 to read and enjoy more! Merci beaucoup! Laissez les bon temps roulez!
Emmers224 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Go, Sam, go! I'm glad he escaped but now I'm a tad worried about what they'll do to bring him back. Great chapter! You had me on the edge of seat the entire time! Can't wait to see what will happen to the boys next!
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »