Reviews for Blood of the Bayou
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Wow, great start to a promising story. I mean: what could go possibly wrong if you start with a scene like that ;-) Everything, speaking for our brothers, I suppose. Me, I'm pretty entertained so far. I love the setting (ah, I wish I had ever been in or around New Orleans - though it might have changed too much after Katrina), I like the way you write the boys (very authentic) and having a blonde girl named Carrie be part of the villains, that alone spells trouble :D. I get the hate Wandell's brother must feel - but seriously: working for a voodoo priest? He should've known what's in for him...

Thumbs up, Scullspeare (still like your name - guess I told you so years ago)

xx Kate
Alicia Greses chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
Have to say it again, AMAZING! Like I said with the other story, these need to be made into SPN episodes. PLEASE! Someone must make it happen.
Sharlot chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
An absolutely delicious case-fic. Loved it from beginning to end. Thanks so much for all the hard work and effort you put into this.
Spoilerwolf chapter 5 . 9/26/2012
Wonderful story and well thought out. Ended up reading it a second time after I finished to make sure I got everything. Well done!
Dracomom chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
Jan's been telling me about this voodoo idea for a while (we went to N'awlins together, back at the turn of the century...) so I had to check it out. I don't follow the show, so much of the in-joking may have been lost on me- but what I got was great!

Quick note- I'm assuming when you referred to a "coffee-colored complexion" that you meant "cafe-au-lait"? Much prettier...
zuimar chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
Hi Scullspeare, sorry for my late review and not reviewing every chapter of this fabulous fic you posted recently. This was another awesome story, you put so much details in your stories, I just love that. Your portrayal of Sam and Dean is so good, but also your own characters are great. I kinda feel sorry for Parise, she made the wrong choices but I could easily picture her as a hunter. Jack is a great character too, wouldn't mind seeing him pop-up in a new story someday. I just love stories that take place in the deep South, it's somehow more mysterious than the mid-West. Another great read, thank you for posting it!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Yeah, you'd better duck!
Excellent!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
This is wonderful! Really great read.
Jianali chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
love this one! Bayou/voodoo/supernatural all in one story!
Linnie McCary chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
Sculls, I think you've outdone yourself with this one. You know I love your multi-chaps, but this one's totally made of Win in every respect: superb atmosphere, excellent use of research, great non-stop flow, spot-on characterization, and-most importantly for me-equal billing for the brothers. You really rocked it, my friend! Congratulations, and thanks for a tremendous read!
T.L. Arens chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
*applause* bravo! bravo for such a well-told tale! You wrote it like an expert and I love how you tossed in a little French to give it a sense of weight and a realistic streak. :D The environment felt a little vague, but the characters felt everything around them so that helped form the image in my mind. Sam in white? ANYTIME. ;)
The dialgo was very well done! You differentiated each character according to his/her personal sense of reference and experience. You also kept them in character throughout-and poor Sam gets his ass kicked but bounces back.
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write such a good story. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
An awesome read, and damn you did your homework!
ccase13 chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
I did love Sam and Dean in the loose white pants! You really did a fun job on the trip to New Orleans and encounters with voodod priestesses. If Dean Winchester does finally get possessed, it would be fitting if it's a god or goddess of love.
justonepogostick chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
Well, I failed to press the Post Review button and I don't remember what I had typed exactly but I'm certain it was literary gold... :P

I'm enjoying the amount of detail in this story. It's obvious you already knew a lot about voodoo and Louisiana or you've done some research, but you're weaving in the details in a subtle way and not knocking us over the head with how 'smart' and 'knowing' you are. :)

I like how Lao shoves out the host body's spirit but the spirit is tethered to its body. I can see how Sam would think being both an angry spirit and a zombie would be worse than being possessed and soulless.

Now I want to read a story from the POV of a spirit being forced to watch what its zombie body is doing.
justonepogostick chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
I had never heard the term 'skullet' before. How have I never heard that one? LOL I totally picture it though.

Can't wait to read how Parise had tracked Dean. Sounds like she's still working the Ti-jean if DaCoste and Maillet are with her.

Poor Sammy. :( Dean is going to tear some new ones when he's in control of himself again.
197 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »