Reviews for Blood of the Bayou
myra4 chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Loved every minute! I hope there are tons of stories you still have to share.

MeAzrael chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
Oh, this had everything a great finale has to have. A very impressing setting, for one. I could hear the crowd of voodoo devotees chanting and the drums and all the candles flickering - it was like the stage for an ancient greek drama, doing a play about life and death and fate.

I had to smile about Erzulie, feeling almost at home in Dean's gorgeous body :-) Fascinating stuff! And Kudos to your characters, they were very real, I even felt a bit of pity for Parise, because she really had a reason to seek vengeance, though she shouldn't have used these very special tools...

The loa bargaining with each other about the humans - that was like watching a really exciting chess game, just that it isn't funny to be the pawn they are playing with. Thank God that Jack was there just in time to get them out, but I gotta say: Dean's plan went as well as he could've hoped for.

Smashing plot, and thanks for the happy ending, because it's Christmas and it's nice to see the brothers act like brothers for once.

x-mas hugs

MeAzrael chapter 4 . 12/20/2012
Wow. A really thrilling chapter - and you were right: at least the boys are together :-) Though at first it didn't seem so, with Dean under that evil spell. Thank God he's such a pigheaded man - oh, and yep, Jimson Weed... I enjoyed the battle between Dean's protective emotions and the bossy voodoo magic. A really exciting topic - it's strange that the show never grabbed it so far.

Ah, the prospect of becoming a Zombie - that's probably even worse than being a meat suite for an angel. But soul eaters? That's terrifying. Sounds like a mixture of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, just much more unpleasant :D

Loved how the brothers worked together to get a grip on what's going on - and your clever ideas around the plot. Carrie playing the double agent, for example. And stealing the souls from the loa, of course. Oh, and Dean copying McGyver, tinkering something explosive out of what's at hand, hehe. This is going to be a hugely fascinating last act, right? Can't wait to read it (slowly and with relish).

Have a wonderful merry Christmas and give your muse a hug from me. May she live long and prosper.

MeAzrael chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
"At least the boys are back together"? Are you kidding me? Hehe - perfect cliffy for a perfect chapter. Jack has really grown to my heart, I hope he'll make it! I totally loved his get-together with Dean and how much in sync they are. Also the way you wrote Sam's troublesome and painful way back to Dean and how they stick to the drill they learned from John. That's the stuff I'd love to see in the show again. *Sigh* Well, I'm glad I get it from you :-)

Hehe, so Sam isn't the only one who has a knack for the wrong women (speaking in supernatural terms).

The idea of what might have happened to their souls in the wake of Dean's and Sam's time in Hell... huh, that's scary. Nice thought! So: the Blood Moon is coming - and I'm thrilled to see what happens next.

Thanks so far for a great story!

MeAzrael chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
Perfectly written - enough to feel the damp heat and Sam's pain or Dean's helpless worry, but without tiring descriptions. I really like your plot - Sam abducted and Dean looking for traces, finding at least one clever kid that marked the truck - clever girl :-)

I'm glad there will be help in form of a seasoned hunter - guess Dean need every helping hand with this one. Awesome dialogue between the two of them too. "I know, but I need you to think like a hunter, not a brother." Loved that!

Poor Wandell. You had it coming.

Ahh - the shack in the swamps, with these colored powders on the floor - so exciting! Reminded me of the pictures of colored sand that Indian shamans or, as far as I know, Tibetan priests are using. I didn't know that's part of voodoo traditon (no surprise, I don't know much about voodoo).

YAY Sammy! Atta boy! Awesome fight and canny escape, and it was nice to hear John's advice in his head. So some of what he taught him still sticks... I have a feeling he won't go very far. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

MeAzrael chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Wow, great start to a promising story. I mean: what could go possibly wrong if you start with a scene like that ;-) Everything, speaking for our brothers, I suppose. Me, I'm pretty entertained so far. I love the setting (ah, I wish I had ever been in or around New Orleans - though it might have changed too much after Katrina), I like the way you write the boys (very authentic) and having a blonde girl named Carrie be part of the villains, that alone spells trouble :D. I get the hate Wandell's brother must feel - but seriously: working for a voodoo priest? He should've known what's in for him...

Thumbs up, Scullspeare (still like your name - guess I told you so years ago)

Alicia Greses chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
Have to say it again, AMAZING! Like I said with the other story, these need to be made into SPN episodes. PLEASE! Someone must make it happen.
Sharlot chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
An absolutely delicious case-fic. Loved it from beginning to end. Thanks so much for all the hard work and effort you put into this.
Spoilerwolf chapter 5 . 9/26/2012
Wonderful story and well thought out. Ended up reading it a second time after I finished to make sure I got everything. Well done!
Dracomom chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
Jan's been telling me about this voodoo idea for a while (we went to N'awlins together, back at the turn of the century...) so I had to check it out. I don't follow the show, so much of the in-joking may have been lost on me- but what I got was great!

Quick note- I'm assuming when you referred to a "coffee-colored complexion" that you meant "cafe-au-lait"? Much prettier...
zuimar chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
Hi Scullspeare, sorry for my late review and not reviewing every chapter of this fabulous fic you posted recently. This was another awesome story, you put so much details in your stories, I just love that. Your portrayal of Sam and Dean is so good, but also your own characters are great. I kinda feel sorry for Parise, she made the wrong choices but I could easily picture her as a hunter. Jack is a great character too, wouldn't mind seeing him pop-up in a new story someday. I just love stories that take place in the deep South, it's somehow more mysterious than the mid-West. Another great read, thank you for posting it!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Yeah, you'd better duck!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
This is wonderful! Really great read.
Jianali chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
love this one! Bayou/voodoo/supernatural all in one story!
Linnie McCary chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
Sculls, I think you've outdone yourself with this one. You know I love your multi-chaps, but this one's totally made of Win in every respect: superb atmosphere, excellent use of research, great non-stop flow, spot-on characterization, and-most importantly for me-equal billing for the brothers. You really rocked it, my friend! Congratulations, and thanks for a tremendous read!
202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »