Reviews for Blood of the Bayou
T.L. Arens chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
*applause* bravo! bravo for such a well-told tale! You wrote it like an expert and I love how you tossed in a little French to give it a sense of weight and a realistic streak. :D The environment felt a little vague, but the characters felt everything around them so that helped form the image in my mind. Sam in white? ANYTIME. ;)
The dialgo was very well done! You differentiated each character according to his/her personal sense of reference and experience. You also kept them in character throughout-and poor Sam gets his ass kicked but bounces back.
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write such a good story. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
An awesome read, and damn you did your homework!
ccase13 chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
I did love Sam and Dean in the loose white pants! You really did a fun job on the trip to New Orleans and encounters with voodod priestesses. If Dean Winchester does finally get possessed, it would be fitting if it's a god or goddess of love.
justonepogostick chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
Well, I failed to press the Post Review button and I don't remember what I had typed exactly but I'm certain it was literary gold... :P

I'm enjoying the amount of detail in this story. It's obvious you already knew a lot about voodoo and Louisiana or you've done some research, but you're weaving in the details in a subtle way and not knocking us over the head with how 'smart' and 'knowing' you are. :)

I like how Lao shoves out the host body's spirit but the spirit is tethered to its body. I can see how Sam would think being both an angry spirit and a zombie would be worse than being possessed and soulless.

Now I want to read a story from the POV of a spirit being forced to watch what its zombie body is doing.
justonepogostick chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
I had never heard the term 'skullet' before. How have I never heard that one? LOL I totally picture it though.

Can't wait to read how Parise had tracked Dean. Sounds like she's still working the Ti-jean if DaCoste and Maillet are with her.

Poor Sammy. :( Dean is going to tear some new ones when he's in control of himself again.
justonepogostick chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Great start. I'm tempted to look at the end to see what the original prompt was, but I'll refrain and experience the story as it unfolds. I like how you trust your readers enough to not give in to the tempation to explain things right away, like the blood on the wall, for example. I was expecting Dean to find Sam in the bathroom after Sam having collapsed from a shotgun wound. Happy that I was not right. The pacing in chapter one was excellent.
Maz101 chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
Oh my, what a great end. Very satisfying.

Great to have the jibes about being possessed by a girl, like Sam with Meg.

Having read the prompt, I can say you absolutely fulfilled everything asked for. Yes to the shirtless boys - well done on that image particularly but thanks for the whole well-written, well-researched, well-imagined story.
Maz101 chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Firstly - Thank you! Thank you for the wonderful sexiness of the bathing Dean images. Just lovely. :)

Really like the idea of the use of the Winchesters' tattoos for power.

Great nasties in prospect - Kalfon a wonderful threat and a real 'baddy' and Erzulie as a guard Loa, queen of vengeance - all herald a great stand-off to come. Great build up.

LOVED the whole idea of trapping souls in pots (kind of quaint!) "You wake up as Soulless Sam 2.0 and I turn into one scary-but-damn-good looking son of a bitch." I LOL'd!

LOVED "I have issues with someone else driving my care. How do you think I feel about someone else driving me." ...perfect Dean-ism.

LOVED the idea of Winchester Soul Eaters as WMD's. Scope there for a very dark story indeed for someone I think.

The whole deal making story line is really well handled - the complications of the double crossings and duplicity and tricks make it irresistible reading. Oh, and once again with the voodoo language - the veve to draw a loa to earth is neat.
Maz101 chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Been working away so I was really looking forward to catching up on your story and here, you've finished it!

I'm always grateful for an exposition chapter - a time to just catch up and confirm the track of the story. This was one and it was well done with the discussion between the separated brothers - covering so much and clarifying where we stand. Once again, your wonderful research paid off in spades - hounsis, mambo, loss, gris gris, Djablesse, Jimson weed - all those details, the language of the place and of the threat was just marvellous.

I smiled at Sam's warning over the possible use of bodily fluids for control - "you are seriously squicking me out."

Loved the image that "Death had tucked Sam's soul back inside that ridiculous six-pack" both for the very pleasing visual and for the colloquial simplicity of the turn of phrase. Nice.

Loving your no-nonsense, oh-so-capable OC Jack and it was a great end ...
scootersmom chapter 5 . 9/6/2012
I really hated to see this story end. I think you did a wonderful job portraying the boys. It was nice to see them both equally in trouble, and both helping to get out of situations. I really enjoy the stories about both the boys; so many of them are mainly Dean focused. The elements from Louisiana really added to the story, making it so exciting and interesting. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with the rest of us. I hope you are working on another exciting adventure to share!
carocali chapter 5 . 9/4/2012
I cannot thank you enough for the love of this story! Absolutely brilliant and inspiring. I think my favorite comment was about Dean's track record of being possessed! Priceless!

A beautifully researched, well thought out story that had twists and turns. Definitely one of my favorites that you've written! Thank you so much for taking up the prompt!

:D
Caroline
catchme21 chapter 5 . 9/3/2012
Now this is why I love you. You are able to geniusly keep the boys in character while still putting them thru the ringer. You give readers a limp Sam/hero Dean without the bad taste of a wimpy Sam/superhuman Dean, and you're able to tie it all into a awesome storyline that nabs a reader and won't let go. Definitely adding this to my "offline" folder, and am finding myself going back and reading some of my other favorites by you. Hope to see another soon... ;)
rozzy07 chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
Zombies & Gods and soul stealing galore - what a jampacked finale you offered up here! Loved how you weaved the varies paths of duplicity, half truths and outrageous intent that led to some shocking moments and deaths. The players were played and the brothers seemed lost until with the help of their own hunting smarts they manage to instigate a bid for freedom. And finally with the help of your simply marvelous Jack, they lived (tho barley for our Sammy) to fight another day. Exciting read and I am so thankful you shared it with me.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I waited until this complete until reading it but it was worth the wait :) Dean getting upset over breaking his record of getting upset was perfect! And your writing was lovely :)
ncis-lady chapter 5 . 8/31/2012
Hey, sorry I'm a bit late ;) I had an exam on Thursday so not much time to read fanfics (not that I could entirely resist, I read the first half of the chapter anyway *hehe*). Exam's done now (and not too bad, either), it was the last one at uni ever (hard to believe that!) so finally I get to leave you a review!
So both boys were possessed for a moment, a first for Dean. I think he managed well. Would have loved to see this on the actual show, I think it's always fascinating when a character is possessed. Like when Sam was Luci's vessel, it just shows how great of an actor Jared is aas you can totally see the difference between Sam and Sam-as-Luci's-bi***. Oops, getting off topic here. (Conclusion: the producers should read this story because then I'd get to see a possessed Dean, too.)
I'm very glad that the boys made it out in one piece, I liked the typical brotherly banter in the end.
Say huge thanks to Janice, I enjoyed the imagination of shirtless Dean and Sam very much :D
Can't wait for more stories!
202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »