Reviews for Blood of the Bayou
Maz101 chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
Oh my, what a great end. Very satisfying.

Great to have the jibes about being possessed by a girl, like Sam with Meg.

Having read the prompt, I can say you absolutely fulfilled everything asked for. Yes to the shirtless boys - well done on that image particularly but thanks for the whole well-written, well-researched, well-imagined story.
Maz101 chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Firstly - Thank you! Thank you for the wonderful sexiness of the bathing Dean images. Just lovely. :)

Really like the idea of the use of the Winchesters' tattoos for power.

Great nasties in prospect - Kalfon a wonderful threat and a real 'baddy' and Erzulie as a guard Loa, queen of vengeance - all herald a great stand-off to come. Great build up.

LOVED the whole idea of trapping souls in pots (kind of quaint!) "You wake up as Soulless Sam 2.0 and I turn into one scary-but-damn-good looking son of a bitch." I LOL'd!

LOVED "I have issues with someone else driving my care. How do you think I feel about someone else driving me." ...perfect Dean-ism.

LOVED the idea of Winchester Soul Eaters as WMD's. Scope there for a very dark story indeed for someone I think.

The whole deal making story line is really well handled - the complications of the double crossings and duplicity and tricks make it irresistible reading. Oh, and once again with the voodoo language - the veve to draw a loa to earth is neat.
Maz101 chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Been working away so I was really looking forward to catching up on your story and here, you've finished it!

I'm always grateful for an exposition chapter - a time to just catch up and confirm the track of the story. This was one and it was well done with the discussion between the separated brothers - covering so much and clarifying where we stand. Once again, your wonderful research paid off in spades - hounsis, mambo, loss, gris gris, Djablesse, Jimson weed - all those details, the language of the place and of the threat was just marvellous.

I smiled at Sam's warning over the possible use of bodily fluids for control - "you are seriously squicking me out."

Loved the image that "Death had tucked Sam's soul back inside that ridiculous six-pack" both for the very pleasing visual and for the colloquial simplicity of the turn of phrase. Nice.

Loving your no-nonsense, oh-so-capable OC Jack and it was a great end ...
scootersmom chapter 5 . 9/6/2012
I really hated to see this story end. I think you did a wonderful job portraying the boys. It was nice to see them both equally in trouble, and both helping to get out of situations. I really enjoy the stories about both the boys; so many of them are mainly Dean focused. The elements from Louisiana really added to the story, making it so exciting and interesting. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with the rest of us. I hope you are working on another exciting adventure to share!
carocali chapter 5 . 9/4/2012
I cannot thank you enough for the love of this story! Absolutely brilliant and inspiring. I think my favorite comment was about Dean's track record of being possessed! Priceless!

A beautifully researched, well thought out story that had twists and turns. Definitely one of my favorites that you've written! Thank you so much for taking up the prompt!

:D
Caroline
catchme21 chapter 5 . 9/3/2012
Now this is why I love you. You are able to geniusly keep the boys in character while still putting them thru the ringer. You give readers a limp Sam/hero Dean without the bad taste of a wimpy Sam/superhuman Dean, and you're able to tie it all into a awesome storyline that nabs a reader and won't let go. Definitely adding this to my "offline" folder, and am finding myself going back and reading some of my other favorites by you. Hope to see another soon... ;)
rozzy07 chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
Zombies & Gods and soul stealing galore - what a jampacked finale you offered up here! Loved how you weaved the varies paths of duplicity, half truths and outrageous intent that led to some shocking moments and deaths. The players were played and the brothers seemed lost until with the help of their own hunting smarts they manage to instigate a bid for freedom. And finally with the help of your simply marvelous Jack, they lived (tho barley for our Sammy) to fight another day. Exciting read and I am so thankful you shared it with me.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I waited until this complete until reading it but it was worth the wait :) Dean getting upset over breaking his record of getting upset was perfect! And your writing was lovely :)
ncis-lady chapter 5 . 8/31/2012
Hey, sorry I'm a bit late ;) I had an exam on Thursday so not much time to read fanfics (not that I could entirely resist, I read the first half of the chapter anyway *hehe*). Exam's done now (and not too bad, either), it was the last one at uni ever (hard to believe that!) so finally I get to leave you a review!
So both boys were possessed for a moment, a first for Dean. I think he managed well. Would have loved to see this on the actual show, I think it's always fascinating when a character is possessed. Like when Sam was Luci's vessel, it just shows how great of an actor Jared is aas you can totally see the difference between Sam and Sam-as-Luci's-bi***. Oops, getting off topic here. (Conclusion: the producers should read this story because then I'd get to see a possessed Dean, too.)
I'm very glad that the boys made it out in one piece, I liked the typical brotherly banter in the end.
Say huge thanks to Janice, I enjoyed the imagination of shirtless Dean and Sam very much :D
Can't wait for more stories!
Madebyme chapter 5 . 8/31/2012
Well, if that doesn't get you a standing ovation from your readers, I don't know what will! You promised action and adventure in this last chapter and that's exactly what you delivered, as well as a generous helping of h/c and brotherly banter!

I loved how the ceremony played out; the back stabbing, the gruesome deaths, the possessions and the voodoo lore – it was rich with excitement and action and as always with your writing it flowed so easily. Your hard work really paid off and you tied up the story so neatly.

I appreciated how you dealt with Sam's tainted blood too, how there's light with the dark and it's all about the balance, that explanation sits well me.

You made me giggle a little with Dean getting his possession free record broken by a girl and how he “moved with almost feminine grace” (oh, what I'd give to see Jensen trying to do that - hilarious!) Plus we finally saw Sam turn the tables on his brother after Meg, teasing him about how he felt having a girl inside him – I really dug that, it felt very Winchester to me!

The prompt was awesome and certainly full of potential and I'm happy that you decided to go with it and push it to its limits, weaving such a complex but fascinating story.

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading this fic, it's been a absolute pleasure so thank you so much for writing and sharing. The only problem is that now I'm craving more from you – greedy, I know – but that's what happens when you write such addictive stories! I hope you have something up your sleeve or more wonderful prompts waiting for you. Take care, :)
Nana56 chapter 5 . 8/30/2012
Oh, my. I am so completely happy after reading this in one go. *sighs happily* It had everything a girl could want...brother stuff, shirtless Dean and Sam, injured Dean and Sam, worried Dean and Sam, desperate Dean and Sam, angry Dean and Sam.

Just a completely awesome fic, although I was a little worried about their friend Jack maybe having been turned against them. *whew*

Lovely, lovely, lovely. :)
JazzyIrish chapter 5 . 8/30/2012
Brava, Sculls, Brava! Loved the story - your storytelling kept me intrigued from start to finish. Speaking of which, amazing final chapter. Your love of action scenes is definitely evident in this one. Not to mention the tension; jeez, I was on the edge of my chair the whole time. Possessions, fights, poisonings, gunshots, bombs, fire, and my personal favorite - alligator feeding. Great job!

So, too bad that Dean's "no-possession" record got broken by a "girl". ;) But yes, he is beautiful. Both possessions were really well done - I could just see the differences in the demeanor of the one who was no longer in charge. And the agony it brought to the other brother, priceless.

Loved the rescue by Jack and company. Good, logical get-a-way by swamp boat. I'm so glad that he remained a good guy. Loved the boys' teasing of one another at the end. I learned quite a bit about Voodoo; thanks for all the hard research.

Thanks for sharing this amazing story with us. I look forward to your next offering. :) Until next time...

Irish
Madebyme chapter 4 . 8/30/2012
Another fabulous chapter - my eyes were glued to the screen throughout!

I adored all the lore here, from Kalfou to Erzulie and the healing voodoo. Your hard work with the research was most definitely worthwhile.

I also enjoyed seeing the both boys work together, connecting the dots and bouncing theories off each other, trying to work out what exactly is going on and who is back-stabbing who. Again, your complex storytelling was a real highlight, I'm still unsure as to what exactly will do down at the ceremony!

And of course, I loved seeing all the h/c especially with the added complication of the controlling spell on Dean when it came to removing the bullet and stitches, seeing him helpless to protect Sam.

A most spellbinding chapter - I'm completely hooked! See you again soon. Take care, :)
Madebyme chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
Really? You're ending the chapter there?! You're getting far too good at these cliffhangers, I'm actually kinda happy that I'm so far behind that I don't have to wait for more :)

I liked how Sam and Dean's conversation was like a re-cap of what's happened so far, because wow, you really know how to weave a storyline! I can't tell you how exciting it is to read, so many twists and turns and backstabber's.

As you know I'm partial to a little messed up Sam so this chapter was a real treat for me as Sam's health started to deteriorate. And I adored how just when it looked like things were going their way, you turned the tables and made it even worse - I love you for that (sorry boys)!

I'm also thrilled by the idea of Parise controlling Dean, because you're right, it's not something that the show has explored. Plus you nailed the lore here, blending it perfectly with a little imagination.

I'm pretty much running out of ways to tell you what an awesome job you've done because this really is outstanding. I'm saving the rest for tomorrow, 'see' you again soon. Take care, :)
zekeschance chapter 5 . 8/28/2012