Reviews for Starcrossed
BloodyHell chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Wow, this was the best post "No Pain, No gain" fic that I read. And I read them all...
You tackled the topic really sensible, without jumping any stages and giving an authentic introspect to the characters' feelings.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
What an insightful piece! You really gave us a good look into Myka's mind here. I think this bit:

/ he knew. Pete always seemed to know. / is so true and something that makes her nervous but something she also relishes. So simply stated but such a vast truth for them.

I really enjoyed them stargazing, you painted a very vivid picture o fthem standing at the railing with the whole world of possibility open before them.

I really enjoyed this bit:

/"No," Pete said, carefully hooking his chin over her shoulder. "It isn't."

She gasped softly when she felt his hand settle over her navel, hovering as if he were fearful she'd break. Perhaps he'd felt this loss as deeply as she had; that despite regretting having caused her pain, he had lost his chance at something he longed for so dearly. She covered his hand with her own, their fingers twining against the fabric of her shirt.

"You know, I've been thinking," he said softly. His voice so close to her ear held a sort of intimacy that frightened her, something for which she felt unprepared./

Myka doesn't like the things she can't prepare for and Pete is definitely one of those things. I love teh quiet melancholy of the story you've crafted so seamlessly here. Them grieving without admitting it.

I really thought your last line was really perfect for the story too.

Great job! :)
curiositycollection chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Excellent story - a well-written study of the characters and their reactions in the aftermath.
Great work with Myka's POV and how her perspective(s) may have been changed. I really like the way you handled Myka & Pete's interactions - believable for the (show) characters, but also sweet (& bittersweet).
Really well done :)
stardustinthesky chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
There are not enough words to describe how much I love what you wrote: the longing it created for both of them in some ways, even if Myka isn't ready for this - with or without Pete at her side.

Amazing!
othiara chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Amazing! Great job.
reading-is-breathing25 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This is amazing, you should consider making it a chapter story, it'd be great.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
This was absolutely beautiful. I love the way you captured their intimacy in the way they physically move together and speak to each other. A very gentle, careful piece looking at a nice jumble of emotions.
between the waves chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Super well done. Poignant and sad but still hopeful. I loved this :)
gnbrules chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I like it; I think it might be accurate for her to mourn the loss even if it was never quite "real."
mentalagent13 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wonderful! I loved the way that you tied everything together so nicely. Thank you very much for writing!
Mathmel chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Wow, what a wonderful fic! It was totally realistic! :)
MagellinaFluffQueen chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
This was beautifully written :) I'm gonna adopt this as part of my headcanon, k?
Ecri chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Beautifully written. Touched on a lot of things the episode didn't have time to do more than hint about. You captured the characters wonderfully.
Redd chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
OMG. I'm just...going to deside that this is canon.
Little-Firestar84 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
i have to say, iot was so sweet, and yet so sad, that it made me cry a little..it's really good, my compliments, it explores soemthing that the show should have said, but who knows...