Reviews for Nameless Grief
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 10/26
Lovely introspective on the aftermath of The Library. I really liked that two-parter, and you've definitely done it justice! But what makes it even more sad is that, at the very ending of this ficlet, he mentions Midnight as being the perfect place to relax. And we as the readers know exactly what happens next...
wintmint4 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Ooh, this is wonderful. I love the Doctor/Donna friendship here- it's perfect.
This is all so in-character.. I could see it unfolding instantly.
Great job! :)
Kelenloth chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I cannot even find the words to respond to this little story. "Perfect" comes to mind, though. Honestly, this was one of the most real, emotional, in-character fics that I have ever read. I absolutly LOVE this. And I literally cried. I really wish more people could write Ten and Donna like you - I wish *I* could! I could picture this happening so well, I could hear each voice. Too many people write Donna as merely joking or even annoying, but you bring out the reality- that she is caring, and insightful and a true best friend, without ever falling in love with the Doctor. And the Doctor too, I love how you've shown his honest fear, relutance, frustration with himself, and his appreciation for Donna. I had a similar reaction when I learned of River - sh's not Rose - and I think you've illustrated it beautifully, without charcter bashing or trying to convice your readers. It's just honest emotion, and I love it. I wish I could say more, but this is quite long enough already. Thank you so much for writing and posting this. I really love it. I don't cry from reading fics much, so kudos!
Hannah Tennant-Cumberbatch chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
This was gorgeous. I always hoped that the Doctor was thinking about Rose when River knew so much about him. Both Donna and the Doctor were so in character, and I loved your reference to Midnight at the end. A really really good oneshot!
Hannah x
Noxburry chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Wow! That was a really beautiful story! So many perfect one-liners that just tugged on my heart-strings!
"instead of indulging in works of fiction, he'd been all but literally smacked in the face By the reality of his future."
"it's the her not being Rose part" beautiful!

And you got the characterization of the doctor and Donna perfectly!
"opened and closed his mouth a few times, looking a bit like a guppy" so true! And I can totally see the Tenth doing this in my head with those beautiful lips of his!
"folding his arms across his chest, tucking his hands under his armpits" so embodies the childishness of the doctor!

That whole flashback about telling people his name was great too, and the Doctor's love for Rose is just so perfectly portrayed! Ugh, gives me shivers all over, so sad. Thanks for an excellent piece of writing!
beth chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
This was truly beautiful. I could feel both Donna and the Doctor's pain so vividly. It hurt my heart to read, in the best possible way. I saw every emotion across their faces and could see each movement and action clearly, as if it were happening on screen. Their relationship is my favorite of the whole series and I think you caputered it to perfection. This completely happened in my mind-lovely tie in to Midnight! Poor Doctor has only more heartbreak to endure. Brilliant work!