Reviews for cause baby we're blazing hot
stars shine out chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Beautiful. I love it!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I especially love this little line here - dressed in emerald silk /horrid/ little gown - and how it doesn't flow with the rest of the poem. Nice job, you really make this seem like a song! :D
Tammi-Stark chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I don't like freeverse. I am going to point this out now. I don't like the pairing. Basically I don't like anything about this. sorry.
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Eeeee I LOVE freeverses. They say so much in so little. Victoire/Blaise is definitely an interesting pairing, (I ship Susan/Blaise myself) im a sucker for stories where Vic gets cheated on by {insert boyfriends name} with Dom, cause it shows how jealous siblings can get of each other. Great job!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I'm very picky about freeverses, but I liked this one quite a bit, because the formatting actually worked well with the content and didn't overpower it. The bolded and italicized words gave it a good rhythm and you didn't overdo the use of symbols like a lot of people do... so good job :D
still kat chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I like the idea of them being aesthetically perfect for each other, but not. I think my favourite bit of freeverse was "the hand behind my waist *slips away*
the neck in my grasp *walks away*", because I'm a sucker for rhyming :).
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Woah. Angsty. It was good, though! It had this natural sort of rhythm to it I really liked.
the lola chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
interesting characterisation of the girls and i like your use of blaise - i'v never read this triangle or even either of those pairings, before. But I liked it, the idea of their perfect skin deep world, and then the other sister just making a sneak attack, and everything breaking so easily.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
I love this! I love freeverse and this is certainly a brilliant example of it. I love the way you include a side of Victoire/Dominique's sisterly relationship, because I always find them very interesting. Absolutely brilliant! :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
I haven't read much freeverse, but I liked this. I've also never seen Victoire portrayed with such cruel thoughts, but it's an interesting version of her.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
love triangles with Victoire and Dominique are always fascinating to read. I also really like the theme of this. I loved how Victoire was fixated on how good they look together and then the emphasis gets put on Dominique being the ugly little sister. Nicely done there and now I suppose this is my cue to go work on my Cross gen piece for your competition since you gave me Blaise/Dominique as my pairing... haha.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wow. That is a /lot/ of drama for less than 200 words. I am impressed. I find the pairing believable and like your characterization of Victoire. Your use of the freeverse style is perfect here. The shorter lines near the end make it seem like he really is slipping away from her. Awesome.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
First of all, this title is absolutely epic, so props for that. Secondly, wow this is an unusual pairing. Poor Victorie, her lover stolen by her sister. So sad! But well done; this was a really nice piece!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Awesome sauce :) this was pretty cool.
The Tenth Horcrux chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I have to say, even though I would've never thought of these pairings, it worked out well. I like how you made Blaise leave Victoire for Dominique, I could definitely see Victoire being overshadowed by Dominique, or vise versa. Besides a couple of little things (like jaws drops, or the word omph, as I think you could've done with out it), this was good, and overall, I liked it. Thanks for entering this into the Freeverse Competition. :)