Reviews for BackStories: The Call of the Day
sb4ever chapter 9 . 3/11
I love Mike stoker stories and this one is one of the best. My favorite kind of story is one that shows characters on quiet moments. In this one you feel the gentleness of the engineer specialist, the kindness and thoughtfulness, too. Sigh! If on,y ther were more gentlemen like this the world would definitely be a better place! Thanks for sharing your talent.
xavionite chapter 9 . 3/2
I love this chapter. It's great to read about Mike, and I really like Patty and Mike together. I also enjoyed reading about the concert they attended-so many times as a child I listened to classical music on the radio with my dad, and I can't count the number of times I heard the words "Sir Neville Marriner conducting." Thank you for bringing up some fond memories.
xavionite chapter 4 . 3/2
I love how you talk about having conversations with the guys. They talk to me too. Now that I'm done with my master's thesis I won't have to keep trying to make them shut up. Instead I'll start taking dictation again and get another story posted. :)
Bamboozlepig chapter 9 . 10/28/2012
I have loved this series and watching how the relationship unfolds between Patty Mack and Mike. I really enjoy her character, she's very unique and interesting, and it has been fun getting to know her, so I'm definitely hoping you have more planned for her and Mike. I also love how you wrote her father, Henry. We were allowed to see a man who was flawed and imperfect and whose own inner demons tortured him at times. I adore such characters, they always make me want to take them apart to see what makes them tick.
Ginger S chapter 9 . 10/28/2012
I SO HOPE you have more on "Patty Mack and the Specialist" for us! I love her character! and am so enjoying the unfolding of the "butterfly wings" of their budding relationship. Another Wonderful Read!
The Delirium Threemen chapter 9 . 10/26/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed all the backstories and look forward to reading more. Drat! All good things must come to an end, but at least the characters can live to 'kiss' another day in a future story ;-).

Wonderfully done
TDT
A Lee En chapter 9 . 10/26/2012
Enjoyed it, thanks!
Ginger S chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
What a wonderful way to bow out of firefighting. Henry got his groove back and chose to walk away. Priceless! But the last part of your author's note is a bit distressing. I love these outtakes and now you say they could be coming to an end. It is always sad to see a great story find it's way to the finish. Maybe you could bribe your muse to do a few more glimpses for us?... :)
Ginger S chapter 7 . 10/20/2012
Love this! The care behind the scenes by phoning the ones who could help fits perfectly with my personal vision of how our boys would look out for one another. What a selfless act!
NineMilesNorth chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
So, I finally got a chance to treat myself and sit a spell and read this chapter. And it was just that - a treat to read. Thank you for that. I think "Dickie" Hammer is my new favorite. Nice to get his back story.
Bamboozlepig chapter 8 . 10/8/2012
Another great chapter, loved it!
Rijiban Kwe chapter 8 . 10/8/2012
*sigh* I finally had time to read this latest chapter and it was so worth the wait. Like a piece of gourmet chocolate, your stories are a treat to be savored!
Marie chapter 8 . 10/7/2012
What a wonderful, creative story, with Tommy and Henry. Your characterization is really exceptional. I've never seen such and imaginative use of 'fringe' characters. Great story.
Enfleurage chapter 7 . 10/6/2012
This chapter left me very still, absorbing all of the emotion: the grief, the pain, the loss, and the quiet acts of love and compassion for each other that make the Station 51 crew so tightly united as a real team.
Enfleurage chapter 6 . 10/6/2012
Wow. This is a stunning chapter, heartbreaking and visceral.

Patty crying for her mother and then her father, and the contrast between the 'TV show husband/father FF rescuing his family' and the reality anchored this in painful angst for me