Reviews for Refined by Fire
ScarredNotBroken chapter 43 . 2/15
OH MY WORD. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I know I'm finding this story loooooooooong after it was published, but I had to review and say how much I loved it anyway. Binged read. Put off adulting. Lost sleep. So worth it. Thank you for this masterpiece. I was so enthralled I didn't stop to review every chapter, but perhaps I shall have to go back and do so still. (Or perhaps not? Would that just be annoying as old as this is? Lol)

Absolutely loved it. The parallels were perfect. Knowing the story your plot was based from definitely helped to keep me on the edge of my seat, lol. I was just waiting for that part with the witch Tarkheena to happen. I totally called Lucy not believing her brothers were actually dead AND Edmund being saved by mermaids, lol. And I'm glad you included the epilogue; I was hoping you would show them going back to visit Lady Cemil.

Anyway, loved it. Absolutely loved it.
Cheers!
DymphnaK chapter 43 . 2/9
It was lovely, truly lovely! And I love Lady Cemil! (Does she ever come back in one of your later stories?) I'm sorry I did not review very often while I was reading it, but truly, I enjoyed it greatly!
DymphnaK chapter 13 . 2/8
I love, love, love Lady Cemil! She is so very kind and sweet! And I love your uses of Biblical references!
DymphnaK chapter 1 . 2/8
My goodness, that started out dramatically. May I inquire, as I cannot figure it out on my own, does this begin your main story arc, or is it Counted Among the Traitors?
PSW chapter 43 . 2/4
This was an amazing, wonderful story. You did a fantastic job w Aslan, as usual, and w weaving in the story of Joseph as well. Makes me want to try something similar at some point.. :-P

I'm so glad I've found your stories! Definitely good reading for my vacation. :-)
PSW chapter 9 . 2/3
That's right. The Queens can take care of business too...

Very interesting so far!
Blue Teller chapter 43 . 12/21/2016
This story is... absolutely groundbreaking, heart-shattering, tear-jerking... yet at the same time, soothing, heartwarming and leaving a smile on my face by the time I was done. No writer had ever pulled at my heartstrings as skillfully as you - and I admit, I wasn't sure I would add this story to my favorites. Not because it isn't good! But because it was TOO good at playing with my emotions! I wasn't sure I'd ever manage to read this again without bursting randomly into tears.
And yet, the ending made it all worth it. All these misfortunes, all these sufferings, it all made sense and it was so MUCH worth it. Kind of like in real life, you know? We experience pain, we suffer, but Christ rewards us in the end. If not in this life, then in the next.
You know what? This is the first time when I've read Narnia fanfiction and genuinely thought that if C. S. Lewis read this... he would approve. It's such a solid story, the only true complain about how it would NOT fit with the rest of Narnia cannon would be the violence. The mercilessness and pure brutality was way beyond the "fairy-tale mythology fantasy" spirit Lewis used in the Chronicles. Peter self-harming himself to distract himself from the temptation of seduction? Definitely not child-friendly material. Same with other pain themes, like Edmund's blindness, the flogging and so on.
But as a mature, realistic yet fantasy story based on the story of Joseph from the Bible - and let's face it, that's exactly what it is - it's just... wonderful. So impressive and beautiful it's difficult to describe. The ending feels... just right. Perfectly timed, and with a surprisingly refreshing quality, like a harm rain in the summer afternoon, and leaving a taste of oranges in my mouth.
Bizarre, I know. But it's the truth.
Just... amazing. Respect. ;)
sirensbane chapter 16 . 11/30/2016
I'm definitely seeing a Joseph and Potiphar's wife parallel here. This isn't going to end well.
Cowboy-4-Christ chapter 43 . 11/22/2016
Great story, God has truly gifted you
Guest chapter 43 . 5/7/2016
It's wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful story. I love it so much. I will have to read all of your stories.
Guest chapter 42 . 5/7/2016
I LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 29 . 5/6/2016
YES! EDMUND CAN SEE!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/6/2016
The Narnian Joseph, huh? I love it! Poor, poor Peter. I'm glad you made him be "Joseph". I don't know why, but I tend to abuse my favorite characters the most. Peter is my biggest crush right now, and I just want to go and cry with him. Poor, poor, poor Peter. My dear, darling Peter. Poor boy.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/6/2016
"Peter. Peter, Peter, Peter."
Emily Ramz chapter 43 . 2/12/2016
I decided to only review this story when I reached the final chapter, and so, here I am.
This was wonderfully written and one can easily see how much you have evolved and became a better writer in the process. And I must say I think almost as good as the books themselves (and I sort of worship them)
You, my dear writer, managed to reproduce the magical wonders of narnia, as well as its tales of courage, bravery, loyalty and faith. And that is a wonder in itself.
I want to let you know I cried when I tought Peter was going to die, and I cried when Aslan embraced Lady Cemil, for is not that everyone's wish: to be loved not despite their faults, but maybe even because of them?
I look forward to read your other works :)
"His and not my own"

(Ps: I apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes that may have happened, but English is not my first language)
1,194 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »