Reviews for The Shallow Grave of Secret Longing
Teresa chapter 39 . 8/21/2013
Wow, wow! Just found this story and LOVED IT! Thank you for a great ride.
Fan or Follower chapter 20 . 6/26/2013
Kip is awesome.
Belker chapter 39 . 4/27/2013
Oh my, what to say? You know I loved this story, don't you? It was brilliantly told and the characters were coming alive in the most amazing way.
You have a knack for describing small moments and things in wonderful detail, like your animals or the way Steve cried when he got his watch back.
I did NOT see Joey's return to Kip coming! It was a great end to this journey. It's been an emotional roller coster :)
THANKS!
/Belker
PS Now I'm longing to see Cujo again! Will attack that fic next. DS
Belker chapter 38 . 4/27/2013
Good that Steve told Danny everything. I think he needed to.
That little bit with the old dog and Steve was so sweet. Animals KNOW stuff!
Catherine home and in his arms, Chin and Kono all giddy that he's back...only the last chapter left?
Belker chapter 37 . 4/27/2013
I thought I would need some time to get into this story again, now that I've been away for so long, but it just sucked me right in. I was there, with Steve, with Kip. Amazing.
I like that you didn't stop with the last revealing chapter, because of course Steve wouldn't be cured by that one - however important- session. It was a great threshold to get over, but there is much work left to be done.
One can feel the story is wrapping up, things are settling.
Wonderful DannySteve friendship in this chappy; fav lines:
"You know, I'm right here, right?" growled the commander before turning to Danny and asking, "Do I?"
Haha, I do that all the time! "I KNOW where I left it, okay?! But could you remind me just this once?"
Love
B
ManoaFalls chapter 39 . 3/22/2013
What a fantastic story. I found it after you completed it and I just couldn't put it down. I don't know if I would have survived the torture of reading it in installments. But I'm sure you would've enjoyed my agony. :-). Off so see what else you've written.
Fifilla chapter 39 . 3/21/2013
I'm so sorry for this late review!
Thanks a lot for that fantastic, heartbreaking, sad and deeply emotional story and I'm really glad that you fixed Steve as much as possible. He's not completely healed but he's on the best way back to his old self.

I really, really liked the part with the watch, almost had me in tears!
And Kip and Joey are reunited, I feel so happy for Kip, she's such a great woman.
And the reunion between Steve and Grace - wonderful.
And Steve and Cath... or rather Smooth Dog and the brown-eyed girl *lol*
I so can see the "Great Luau Debate of 2013"... Danny finally found his match in Kip.

I think one question you didn't answer... did Steve ever return to active duty?
Runner043 chapter 39 . 3/21/2013
The Monkey and The Neanderthal - sounds like a story title.

Liked Steve & Catherine's reunion. He needs her and I like seeing him have that aspect of a normal life. Laughed at Kip spilling the beans about 'cow-eyes'.

Great ending with Steve getting Joey back home.
Runner043 chapter 38 . 3/21/2013
House painted, roof repaired, garden hoed, fence goat-proofed, animal enclosures built... it's all good, but does 'and much more' mean he ever fix Kip's sewing machine?

Laughed at the reference to Danny's 'pile system'.
Runner043 chapter 37 . 3/21/2013
It's okay, Danny, I don't think anyone knows why the Kardashian women are famous.
Runner043 chapter 36 . 3/21/2013
No wonder Steve didn't want to remember! And no wonder so many of our brave military members need help.
Runner043 chapter 32 . 3/20/2013
Smart of Danny to sleep in front of the door... not that Steve wouldn't surely find another way to escape if the really wanted to.
Runner043 chapter 29 . 3/20/2013
Aww, the bad boys've got bladder problems.

So, does it do nothing but rain there on Lanai? And why is Steve always cold?

Liked the part about stupidity having a long shelf life, will have to remember that one, but hopefully won't need it.

Also liking the image of the little town. I grew up in one a lot like that.
Runner043 chapter 28 . 3/20/2013
I remember that old movie 'Birds'. Really creepy!
Runner043 chapter 23 . 3/20/2013
Cute backstory on Kip meeting little Stevie.

Oh, and Catherine's story to find Steve was funny.