Reviews for Fear
tearlys chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Wow. Just.. wow.

You're so in-tune with Kent's character and the dynamic between him and Lyndis. Just the way Lyn is so needy of Kent, only able to drop her pride in front if him like that, is so horribly addicting to read. Your prose and diction are also very praiseworthy, I must say. You kept me thoroughly entertained in a bittersweet way. Thank you for the wonderful read.
LilyAceThompson17 chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
So bittersweet... I like how Kent worries about Lyn... and I'm glad they're still on their characters when they made love... well, almost. XD

I enjoyed and loved this very much,
Vanesa chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Hold on, you're the wonderful Sardonic Kender Smile of my favourite KentxLyn fics and "Huzzah!"? It's amazing how much you've improved and changed since then!

You've portrayed Kent's character incredibly well as well as the tension of the romance between him and Lyn. You've also managed to capture the horrors and desperation of war that often most fanfic authors tend sweep under the rug. Overall, this was an intense read and I look forward to your future writing.
Rexnos chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Now that I think of it, I don't believe I've read to many dark Fire Emblem fics. Despite all the war death and suffering that goes on outside the company, everyone tends to tell their stories just as they play the game. No friendlies die.

This story twisted that pretty hard and then snapped its neck. I'm pretty sure this is the most death I've seen in a fire emblem fic, even if you include the opposing side. It makes Kent's urgency and fear easy to understand and sympathize with. In most other stories the war is something that stresses the characters, not actually threatens them. It was interesting to see a story so vastly different.

Later,
Rex
The Social Heretic chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Glorious. Wonderous writing, as usual.

-Mav
Trannon1 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
The 1st time i saw as many as 7 people dying. Kinda shocking to me. Still a good story but I'm actually hoping you would continue "Still Ongoing".
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Dearest Kender,

I'm still sleepy, so forgive me if this review is terrible, horrible, no-good, or very bad.

Overall, I think you did really well for this. You seriously do not give yourself enough credit- this is way better than anything I could manage! Can manage, I guess, since I promised to write one, too. (Though to be fair, I didn't say it would be Kent/Llyn oooh oooooohhhh!)

My favorite part about this is that it does feel possible. They didn't even sneak off that far from camp, she's wounded, bleeding, she just doesn't care anymore; they've lost so many people and seeing as how this has never happened before, it's a huge blow to them both, and so their worry and frustration and fear are very real. How Dorcas dies before Kent can get him help is sad, but it makes so much sense; the word "dismayed" describes that feeling perfectly. Kent might not be buddies with Dorcas, but he would still probably be dismayed to lose him before he could get help for him. And this line was especially touching: [Instead he kissed his fingertips and let them graze her hand as he passed by, beginning a desperate prowl around the camp's perimeters. Where is Sain. Where is Lyn!] Oh, Florina. :(

["That's everyone," she said. / "It can't be," snapped Kent] This was good, too. I love that Priscilla assumes everyone is back, and just FORGETS about Lyndis (and the others). Speaking of the others, I like how people sort of offhandedly remember or notice that people aren't back yet. Marcus is last mention. Poor guy.

The way he snaps at Sain too, a little bit later, is sad, but there were nice details there, like his pulling out his own hair out of worry and frustration.

This line was very impactive: [For months he had planned his entire future around this woman. So foolishly.] I think that this is something people do no matter what time period they're from. And honestly, it's sad but it makes a lot of sense. I think they call it "getting your hopes up", but in a different way from usual. This is so sad, though, because he's picturing burying her and going back without her and at this point I don't think he could even begin to IMAGINE loving another woman ever, so it's just foreveralone for him in his mind and it's so sad, not to mention his probable worrying about how she might have died alone, or might yet be dying out there in need of help.

[but he was sure her nerves were as raw as his, sure she felt every touch like a lick of flame, painfully strong.] Oh, no doubt.

["Don't think about it, Kent!"] I know I used to joke about him having second thoughts midway through but it does make sense. It's both cute and funny and also a little sad.

["At least I'm Lyn, now. When you were inside of me you called me Lady Lyndis." / His face felt so hot. "I…I didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't prepared but you were so sure."] Sobs. This is sad and sweet at the same time. I have so many FEELS.

Anyway, I think this is great. You pulled off the fast, desperate, no-time-to-really-think sex. It just happened, they both wanted it to happen, and I'm sure even Lyn has her doubts, but in the moment I'm sure it just felt like the right thing to do, maybe the only thing to do. The couple of hours he waited to see if she'd come back must have felt like an eternity. He might have even assumed her dead by that point. So to see her alive again, just...agh. Must have been such immense relief. That you described tears pricking his eyes when he saw her again says it all, really.

You did well! And I'm favorite-ing this, duh.
Love,