Reviews for Dempsey & Makepeace: Someone Like You
xLaramiex chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Hurray, new stories everywhere :) I've not had chance to read much recently. Hopefully that should change this weekend as I won't have any more assignments due for a month! So I have a whole 4 days off. Hurray?
Anyway, I'm curious to see how this will tie into the new story. (I do love typing those words. New. Story. Ahh.)
HarryMakepeace chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
uhhhh, now I understand...haven't read that story before Art for Art's sake...so I was a bit confused Harry had a one night stand...that makes sense. I can feel for Harry... she is a woman and she has her desires...cheeky, cheeky ;-) great written as always
Spooksfan08 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Made me smile :-)
Slyquinn chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
- He snorted once and she grimaced, tense and restive.
- The sound of his unattractive, lumpy breathing. Thick. Guttural.
- The smell of him. She should be intoxicated, seduced, but he just smelt unwashed and ugly.
Enough already, who is this ape of a man?
#ifheonlyknew

- when she heard a couple of mattress springs pop.
Where the hell is she, in a scrapyard?

- She wouldn't wear it again.
Will be my pleasure to shred it for her!

- Last night, the Vodka has assured her it was what she needed. It had jollied her along, telling her with such conviction that it was exactly what was required.
Like that's gonna fix everything... Ditch the vodka girl, tequila is the only drug for you!

- "Whooooa, Princess! You get outa bed on the wrong side this mornin'?"
No, she got out of the wrong bed!

I guess you're doing something right because I'm utterly disgusted and I'm loving it... Guess that makes me just as sick as this story!
You know I love when you twirl my gutts!
It is HIS fault!
aunt sal chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Great opening to another story, had me fooled for a bit but not for long. She would never be repulsed by Dempsey. Loved the banter at the end. Bring on chapter 1
TheSonOfSpikings chapter 1 . 8/25/2012

I new it krato-ofthe-england that Harry would come round to me.

You rite better than anyone, when r u planning to do booksigning tour in pissy europe, son of spikings can tell exlusives storys that father told me via his loving lawyers letters.
angie86 chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I am soooo happy that you came up with an idea for a new story so quickly! This one-shot story and the announcement of the new full-length one coming soon is such a nice surprise :-)
This short piece is very intriguing! Read it a few times and can’t decide really if it was Dempsey or not ... The way you make Harry’s thoughts run, with different hints given here and there, might suggest it was him ... even their conversation at the end is quite ambiguous ... it could be them having one of those teasing-like conversations – they both know exactly what happened and it’s just a game they play ... I somehow can’t imagine Harry getting so liberated with anyone else but him ;-) ... Then again the choice of pejorative words to describe her experience may mean it wasn’t him ... and what’s with ‘him’ and ‘him’ in italics ... is it anything meaningful?
It is even more difficult to decide as the background situation is not known: are they together and just argued heatedly ... were they together and then broke up ... or are they on their strange way to get together ...?
Or maybe I’m just overexcited with a new story and I’m overanalysing ;-)
Anyway, I so can’t wait for the proper story to begin!
Castlefan68 chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
So pleased to see a new story from you. Had me guessing throughout was it Dempsey or not ?
"Oh it was wonderful, Dempsey!" she told him, her voice thick with sarcasm. "I was having a marvellous time until I got lumbered with this complete and utter arsehole." And then she added with an unfounded caustic bitterness, " Reminded me an awful lot of you, funnily enough." Made me lol , so something i could imagine Harry saying. Looking forward to reading more.
abeed chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
#someonelikeyou... #nice

I can't tell you how excited I was to read this, and you had me wondering up until...
'...She couldn't face even the thought of him groping and kissing and… expecting a repeat performance' Then I knew it couldn't possibly be #him... :-(

'Last night, the Vodka has assured her it was what she needed. It had jollied her along, telling her with such conviction that it was exactly what was required' What? To get #him outta her head?

'That tousled dark hair that last night she had so gratefully run her fingers through; the dark stubble around his chin and cheeks and the slight curl to his lip – all so unbearably familiar...' Yikes, she's got #him bad!

"I was having a marvellous time until I got lumbered with this complete and utter arsehole." And then she added with an unfounded caustic bitterness, " Reminded me an awful lot of you, funnily enough." Very very clever! Me is well looking forward to the follow on! X
Quattro Queen chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Ha! You didn't have me fooled, she may have her doubts if it was Dempsey, but she wouldn't call it 'sick and 'twisted'. very clever though and love the chipper Dempsey who knew she was going out on a jolly, she also quite openly gives him the impression she ended up in bed with mystery man...that's what male/ female friends/soul mates do...talk about their adventures...so sweet. Now, are they going to keep dating these people? write on... :-)
dinabar chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Ooh Harry you naughty girl... Had a feeling it wasn't Dempsey, she'd have been shocked but not so loathing of him. She loves him really.
Great story lovely tension.
d
Duann7 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
This story was a lot worse torture than a week spent in firness & spa doing 4 hours of exercise before donner. Hate reading about H or D with the wrong partner.
Yet, it's really great writing and great insight into Harry's feelings. So glad she felt it was a mistake. Your writing made me feel for her
haveunotthought chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
That kept me hanging on til the end. Thought it wasn't then decided maybe it was then it turned out it was a substitute.
Felt for the final unwarranted dig but think it was very realistic.
Are we going to read about Dempseys encounters? I'd be happy to read.
(in my unpublished drafts I have Dempsey in bath with joie de vie and random woman, always intended that he got the stuff on for Harry and it got used otherwise)

Anyway that's just clearing my dust bag of random old bits out. Looking forward to being tortured by you again. Angst and hurt seem to be your diet. Hoping for a bit of love at the end as a reward.
Brooklynn70 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Great intro for next story! Wanted to read fast to get to the end to see what happened but i cant read to fast or i miss stuff lol and dont wanna have that now do we ;) cant wait till next tales of the Krato X