Reviews for An Unwritten Future
kandd chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Another masterful chapter. What a dilemma for Snape. Its hard to imagine the man he will become without that defining moment in his life. He seemed to react very strongly to the thought of what he would have done, but is that enough to motivate him to spend the rest of his life fighting Voldemort? But what would happen in the future without him. Hermione seems very blasé about the fact that everything she does has a huge impact on the future. I suppose that is true of every action we all take but we will never have the opportunity of knowing the consequences as she does. So glad you are updating daily! It keeps the story fresh and at a good pace for my leaky brain:)
Delphi Psmith chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
iI started to fantasize about knitting all their beards together /i

ROTFL! Awesome mental image :D

i "Enjoy your new life, Mr. Snape. I put a good bit of effort into it, so I would appreciate it if you used it wisely."/i

Ha! Yes indeed, don't be an ungrateful prat, Sev.

i"Tell me, what is your issue with him? Did he steal your girl?" She let her mouth slide into her best impression of Snape's smirk. "Or did he fail to ask you to be his girl?"/i

Oooh, snap! I love the way she does the smackdown on the Marauders.

i"I ruined the Wizarding World's future. Not the Muggle one. In twenty years I'll be worth millions."/i

I so should have seen this coming. After all, she is the brightest witch of etc etc

i"What the hell? You mean like on Star Trek?"/i

Snape knows Star Trek! ::hugs self in glee::

Story is still made of awesome. And thank you for no cliffhangers :)
christev chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Okay, I have to admit, my mind is reeling at all the changes she's brought about - most notably in her own life. Is she some sort of nonentity that just appeared out of an alternate reality now?

Also, I'm torn between loving and hating the Sirius scenes! He's such a slimy bastard, makes one wonder how stupid all the girls were who seemed to fall at his feet. But seeing him get absolutely nowhere with Hermione is fabulous. Still waiting for her to get one really good hex on him... :)

Severus remains adorable. I'm amazed at the range of emotions you are able to have him show, and have his character stay believable. Too bad he has to take his crash courses in Occlumency, and all those emotions will fade away behind his blank facade.

Hmmm... with all the changes to the canon timeline, I wonder where this story will eventually take us. You conveniently left out the text of Trelawney's prophecy, after all...
Lexx chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
I really like your style of writing. Can't wait to read the next chapter. :)
Avalon-Mist chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
And I'm so glad you didn't leave us with a cliffhanger. T_T
Nutters4Potter chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
He couldn't stay away. Galleons are much better to take to the past, they must not have a date on them.
WAYAMY27NARF chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Oh yeah, because THIS split doesn't make want to fidget in anticipation of what's to come. That rosebush is NEVER gonna get here...

Woman, you could make a grocery list exciting and have me in fits waiting for what would happen next!
blue artemis chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
I have to agree with you, this is my favorite Severus ever.
pilky chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
I'm just going to say two words - Bloody Brilliant!
musicalkilljoy chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Man, for a moment u've got me worried...
What a shock to discover that he could have been responsible for Lily's death! Can't wait to see what his choices will be now that he knows everything. In a way I'm a bit disappointed knowing that the men he was is gone, well, I actually don't know that. Let's say that older Severus is (to me) more sexy than younger Severus... or maybe it's just me and older men. *grins*
I hate Sirius. I hate him! X(
bournespeed chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Brave Hermione, giving away all her secrets. I hope Severus deals with them wisely and turns them to his advantage.
Rosmerta chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Thanks as always for the fast update! Oh my. Poor Sevvie - truly caught in the middle. It's hard to see him as so fearful and indecisive, but you're portraying it well. And I love Hermione buying stocks! What a brilliant girl. :)
Very Small Prophet chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
“Computers? Like Star Trek?” Yes, Sev, like Star Trek but smaller. Much smaller. Macs will be showing up in four years, but I had an Apple IIe before that. Wrote my Master’s thesis on 5.5” floppies. Without backups. Printed it on a daisy-wheel printer because a dot-matrix looks unprofessional.

Excellent move having the Taboo on Voldie’s name actually mean something during the First War. It never made sense to me that muggleborns would buy into the fear of saying the Dark Lord’s name without evidence that it actually meant something. In canon the fear was simply superstition until Book Seven, and I would expect Hermione, who is both rational and out-spoken, to treat such superstition with contempt. But no, JKR couldn’t let anyone but omnipotent Dumbles and her heroic Potter be brave enough, and had the ultra-rational daughter of two dentists trembling over saying a scary word.

Another excellent move is NOT having Bellatrix be insane yet. She was always a zealot, and apparently ruthless and sadistic, but it was twelve years with Dementors that sent her insane. I’ve seen fanfic writers who’ve had her completely round the bend even as a Hogwarts student. It’s called character “development” for a reason: it takes time!

Re: Hermione the shop girl. I recently made some minor modifications to my short story “Snape’s Solution” including a paragraph in which Professor Snape sneeringly implies that Miss Granger has just about enough Potions acumen to be an adequate shop girl in a retail apothecary. And that Mr Riddle’s ability is roughly the same.
Syvah chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Pre-Azkaban Bella is kinda sweet in a creepy pureblood-supremacist type of way.

And Severus, the poor dear's emotions are just all over the place, hopefully he'll start really thinking and make some good decisions -and learn Occlumency- once he calms down.

Thanks for the gentle slope instead of a jagged cliff; I'm still on the edge of my chair waiting for more, but less panicked.
cutemara chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Saying it again...I love your writing...but goddamn I want to know what happens next like right now!
3,239 | « Prev Page 1 .. 174 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 194 .. Last Next »