Reviews for Lost in The Darkness
Ina chapter 38 . 2/12/2013
Wow, this is a wonderful story really! I enjoyed it so much. Some of the german words made me smile a bit though. For one, the guy with the funny moustache had himself called Führer (leader) nor Furher. I do realise that English-speaking people don't know "Umlaute" (somewhat freely translated "changed sounds" ä, ö and, here, ü, ü being something between u and e). For later use, if your computer doesn't know these letters, you can use the older Form and write ue, so Fuehrer. That would be very "Germanic" and look antique.
The other thing is the "Stuck Scheibe" that really made me smile. This would be a disc of stucco if you translate it. Not exactly what you were trying to express... :) It's "Stück (or also, Stueck) Scheisse". Since I am from Switzerland not Germany, and we don't have that letter, I am not sure if it should be "Scheiße", but since your Computer won't know this "sharp s" (ß) you don't need to worry about that... Even the most conceited German will understand what you mean and since they changed the orthography, nobody quite knows what is correct anymore.
Well, thanks for this really brilliant and touching story!

Love
Ina
PolarLuv chapter 44 . 1/6/2013
That was a great story...but in the end it was really depressing. Still a great story though.
Abracadebra chapter 44 . 1/4/2013
Strong ending. Congratulations.
80sarcades chapter 42 . 1/2/2013
Sad, happy, and relieved is the only way I can describe this wonderful chapter. Poor Hogan!
Jennaya chapter 44 . 1/1/2013
Sorry that Schultz and Klink think Hogan is dead, but the men are correct it's the safest course of action. Plus after the war they can tell them the truth. Schultz is smarter than he lets on and I bet from the men's reactions he'll figure it out quickly. There may not be a verbal confirmation, but the head guard isn't as dump as he pretends to be. Burkhalter doesn't matter, he can believe whatever he wants.

I like the open ending with the glimmer of hope that Hogan is beginning to recover. Not every story needs to have a finite ending and this leaves it up to the reader to decide if Hogan recovers. I think he will with help from his friends there in London and the doctors since he's finally admitted that Terry is dead. If the Germans had given him more time, I like to think he'd had that same break through in camp. At least now he has the best chance possible. Congrats on a great story that truly read like it was a labour of love.
snooky-9093 chapter 44 . 1/1/2013
Another heartbreaking chapter. The thought of Klink and Schultz going on thinking that Hogan was dead, was awful. I'm glad the rest of the prisoners are going to be told that he was sent to a hospital and then repatriated. I have a feeling, knowing the rest of the prisoners, that one way or another they would be sure he was safe, knowing that Hogan's men would make sure of that.

I am glad you left us some hope at the end. However, this story screams for a sequel.

Cheers,

Sue
80sarcades chapter 39 . 12/31/2012
Just now catching up...

I love/hate how you reduced Hogan to the level he's in (and a good thing, because it's done so well:-). And for what waits beyond...ow.

Great chapter!
St PA chapter 44 . 12/31/2012
Hau'oli Makahiki Hou [Happy New Year]. Thank you for an interesting and unexpected turns and twists of events in your story. Mahalo also for updating so frequently. Pardon my bluntness, but the ending seems incomplete and lacking closure; Hogan and his condition seems to be left up in the air from my viewpoint - are we to expect a sequel? Ke Akua Hoomaikai Oe [God Bless You] and all the other authors.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 44 . 12/31/2012
The men feel bad now, but they'll adjust, especially when they hear of Hogan getting better. It's Klink and especially Schultz, who I feel most bad for now. I hope they are able to keep the promises they made. And it was nice to see the glimmer of recovery in Hogan at the end.

This story kept me eagerly watching my email for updates. Congrats on a fine story and I'm sorry to see it end.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 43 . 12/31/2012
Glad that Hogan got safely away from Germany, despite his meltdown. They probably should have expected that and sedated him when they first arrived. I feel so sorry for Schultz and Klink, too. I hope that when the war is over that they will be able to be told that Hogan is alive, after all, and hopefully, he will have regained his mental health.
snooky-9093 chapter 43 . 12/31/2012
Very sad to see Hogan so traumatized. Somehow, I think Schultz will be able to "read" his boys in Barracks two, and realize they got Hogan safely out of Germany. At least, I hope so.
jodm chapter 43 . 12/31/2012
This powerful chapter practically had me in tears, especially the team's final words to their former (and yes, it's hard to think of Hogan, always so strong, that way) leader.
Jennaya chapter 43 . 12/31/2012
Glad they got Hogan safely on that plane. Burkhalter is in rare form.
snooky-9093 chapter 42 . 12/30/2012
Quick thinking on Bruno's part. I'm happy to see that "terry" was able to calm Hogan down and allow the colonel to go into the truck quietly. He seems to understand what is happening. Hopefully, he will get home safely, and then recover.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 42 . 12/30/2012
I'm glad that his small shred of sanity, aka "Terry", was able to persuade him to get into the truck without causing a fuss. That was one of the things I was afraid would happen and I'm still concerned about how they'll get him to the sub without him giving it all away.