Reviews for A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning
JamesLuver chapter 11 . 6/15/2014
Anna's little bit of cheek at the end was priceless, I do love that side of her.
JamesLuver chapter 10 . 6/15/2014
Anna arranging their cottage a hundred times in her head was so sad. Thank God they got that cottage in the end (I'm not acknowledging series four).
JamesLuver chapter 9 . 6/15/2014
Great choice of sonnet for Anna! That fits in so nicely. Loved the end, with Anna still not wishing her life was any different.
JamesLuver chapter 8 . 6/14/2014
It's fitting that some of their exchanges would be melancholy. Being in such a situation would make anyone feel like that.
JamesLuver chapter 7 . 6/14/2014
It was nice that Anna could visit her husband on her birthday. The mooning comment was also very sweet.
JamesLuver chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
Beautiful sentiments with what Anna misses the most, definitely something that makes sense. She sees beyond just the physical things, and while she would miss that, it's not the most important thing to her. You captured that wonderfully.
JamesLuver chapter 5 . 6/14/2014
A lovely letter, I enjoyed the continued use of Donne. The last line in particular was very powerful. It made my heart ache.
JamesLuver chapter 4 . 6/10/2014
Donne is a great poet, I love his work. Very fitting for Anna and John.
JamesLuver chapter 3 . 6/10/2014
Anna sending him a lock of her hair was so romantic, I loved that little detail. As for her parents, I'm glad that she's got one who understands her predicament.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 6/10/2014
I hope we get to find out more about how Anna's meeting with her parents went. The last line about the phantom caresses was very powerful. A bittersweet image.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
The little PS about it being the first time that she'd signed her name as his wife was very sweet. A nice opening letter.
luvinx chapter 11 . 6/20/2013
I love all the letters and the pieces of scenes. All very well done. And may I also say that I love all your disclaimers, every one. :)
E.Phoard chapter 11 . 2/15/2013
I think what I like best about this, though I do love the melancholy hope of the ending, is that Anna isn't a careful writer. Makes her so much more human.
LaLizi chapter 10 . 12/6/2012
"Rest assured that I will go to bed and dream of the best man that I know, you". ... that is to die for right there...
fuzzydream chapter 10 . 12/2/2012
I love how worried Mrs. Hughes is, about John being thin and saying she'll visit him on her next day off. So sweet of her. I also love how Anna keeps him up to date on things at Downton, telling him about Daisy and Mr. Mason. It feels like something they'd discuss, were they there, together. Lovely chapter as always!