Reviews for Smuggler of Shadows Book 3: Survival
Corey Black chapter 3 . 9/28/2013
That bit with the Thermal Det xD Understand why Laniff reacted the way he did, but no smart quartermaster would put explosives by the door! If they're not smart, then ouch. Just... Ouch!

Awesome stuff, ner vod :)
Corey Black chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Excited to see what happens next! Only reason I haven't read more is because I needed dinner.

Just one thing, when it comes to plurals, "vod" should be "vode" Like Vode An. :)
OpticalRacer chapter 9 . 11/9/2012
Wow, I was definitely worried about Kadira there for a minute. Of course she couldn't die at that point, but you kept the suspense going nicely. On the other hand, I wasn't expecting Coorta to be offed just like that! Nice twist.
One thing that distracted me a little bit though... And it's probably overly anal... You used the word 'grimly' quite liberally in this chapter. But still very good!
ShatteredxDreams411 chapter 9 . 11/2/2012
Ding dong the witch is dead! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead! Sorry, I had to throw that one in there...Great chapter! Can't wait to see how Ran and Laniff get Kadira out.
Yyunesprith chapter 9 . 11/2/2012
My pleasure sticking with, dear.
And that sounds like one fun "security system." :p
OpticalRacer chapter 8 . 10/29/2012
Hmmmm, I'm beginning to think there's a trap around every corner! It'd drive me nuts if I were in Ran and Laniff's position. Who's to say that they're not being set up by Jett as well? Of course knowing only bits of the shared pasts makes it even more dizzying! Anyway, I'm still enjoying the story.
Yyunesprith chapter 8 . 10/15/2012
Wow. It's been a long time since I've been in here.
Here goes...
I'm wondering why Jett got involved. There's an off chance it's a kinship thing, but these are still complete strangers to him. Unless he's hoping to earn a path into a true Mandalorian vod by doing some kind of blood-favor, there's not much incentive to risk everything for them.

Again, why? If all he has is his fellow clones, why leave them? Is his unit dead, or what?
I get Laniff's nervousness. A man with no motive helps them out of the blue. It would be far more logical for him to, say, be hoping to get a special favor for his unit by handing them direct to somebody who wants them and cuttign out the red tape along the way, than it would be for him to be their best buddy.

Jett does seem genuinely upset. That may be concern, or it may be worrying about a cut in his potential pay.
...He's been burned, hasn't he? Whatever he is, friend of foe, life's given him a reason to be bitter.
Oh. Motive found. Blood-relative through a cloned family member or a live member of the slaughtered unit who came crawling back to the hand that feeds him would be my top two, but theories are subject to alteration. _

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand burn identified, origin Mando. Hence, the conflicted feelings when she talks of coming to meet the adopted clones someday.
Kad'ika. He may think he has the right. Ballance shifting in favor of the blood theory.

What was his side of the bargain, if he's so sure there is nothing for him on the outside?
...Oh, payback for a "traitor." Insert personal idea of justice here. Also possibly a promotion.

Or I could be wrong. :p The clone keeps getting more human all the time.
So, Spike has ties to Ran as well as to "Gorgeous"? And he's working his own angle, possibly personal and not even Imperial, rather than Coorta's. This could make for an interesting confrontation.
OpticalRacer chapter 7 . 10/11/2012
At the risk of sounding cliche... the plot thickens! I look forward to learning more about Spike and what kind of past he had with Kadira. And what he wants with Ran.
One sneaky typo got by... "bride of his nose"
OpticalRacer chapter 6 . 9/23/2012
Okay, so Jett did end up betraying Kadira after all. Signs pointed to yes, but I wasn't sure. Good twist! Now Laniff and Ran are in trouble too. This is quite a tense moment in the story! I look forward to what happens next.
Now for a Star Wars geek comment... Ran made the comment that they could have just 'broken' the transparisteel window. However, I'm pretty sure you'd have to use something like a charge to blow it. Transparisteel is used mostly for starship viewports, so I'd hope it's considerably stronger than glass and couldn't be simply broken.
Either way, well done!
OpticalRacer chapter 5 . 9/15/2012
Hmmm, so Jett and Kadira may have some kind of connection... Intriguing! And she used to work for the Empire... I think a lot of hired guns probably got screwed by them over the years. It makes for a good facet to Kadira's history. It'll be interesting to see how she could get the Vanguard back. Good story!
OpticalRacer chapter 3 . 9/6/2012
Nice! Hopefully the riot will keep the Imps busy while Kadira and crew make their escape.
One tiny niggle... The word you want to use in relation to the thermal detonator is "ordnance", not "ordinance". Easily confused.
OpticalRacer chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
Very cool! I look forward to seeing how the trio gets out of there. The action is exciting and definitely keeping my interest!
OpticalRacer chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Awesome start! Kadira and Laniff have quite the fix to get out of. It will be interesting to see how/if they pull it off. And poor Ran. I feel for that guy. Maybe he'll come up with something...
I love the serialized format you're using for the story. Looking forward to more.
Kaite chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
And we're off! Awesome chapter. Can't wait for more. :)