Reviews for Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory
lianpe chapter 30 . 8/4
I love this storyespecially because you've introduced 'forgotten' characters (AKA characters from the books that weren't in the movies). It was such an interesting read, totally binge-able!
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 30 . 10/22/2016
Oh Muldoon just when you start to redeem yourself in my eyes you do something to screw it all up...sigh. I loved this story, great writing and plot and I can't wait to read the sequel. I wonder what BioSyn are going to do with Levine? Rossiter certainly seems ruthless, I'm sure Baxter will be the first in a long line of people who die both directly and indirectly because of him.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 28 . 10/22/2016
Yay dilophosaurus! I was hoping there would be one. It was great reading Baxters death, the dilos and compies are criminally under rated, this chapter did justice to an apex predator. I feel sad coming to the end of this story but fortunately I've got a sequel to look forward to!
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 23 . 10/22/2016
Although I disliked her at first I actually feel sorry for Meagan, I can't wait for Karma to come up and bite Baxter on the behind, I bet he'll try to kill the others at some point. I can't believe this is only occurring to me now but do any of the mainland animals have DX? I also loved all the little nods to the movie last chapter.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 16 . 10/22/2016
This is one of my favourite chapters so far. I love how you write the predator-human interactions, I can perfectly visualise this chapter in my head...which sounds disturbingly morbid but compies are one of my favourites and you wrote their hunting scene perfectly. I can't wait to see how you write the raptors.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 10 . 10/15/2016
I seriously hope Muldoon gets some bad karma because that man's death and anyone who dies after this point is all his fault. He didn't deal with it six years ago when it was still to small to be a threat because he wanted to hunt the poor thing and he was going to do it infront of the man who raised it. While admittedly naive and foolish it was still a cruel thing to do. At least Levine is coming back now, he's definitely the funniest person in the novel universe. I feel sorry for him but I'm a little suprised all the dinos on Sorna died out. Even with DX and no large prey I figured compies would survive. I'm excited to see how BioSyn plans to exploit this situation.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 6 . 10/15/2016
I love that your bringing back minor characthers from the novel who were never as involved or aware of the JP incident as the major ones and I look forward to seeing how they develop. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a method to the madness of keeping a pet dinosaur. It must cost so much to feed and shelter not to mention it could kill you. It doesn't seem to provide a source of income and he knows the government was involved with the island it came from and he must have figured out what happened to his cousin and employers. So why keep it? I'm looking forward to finding out.
IhateMarySue'sSoooooMuch chapter 2 . 10/15/2016
I wish I'd discovered this story sooner it's off to a promising start, plus there's a sad lack of novel JP stories. Owls huh? :) that can only mean Dilophosaurus! I wonder if he'll have DX? I'm excited to see Muldoon back even if he is being selfish by not telling anyone or taking present action(not that I'm complaining, I'm super hyped). I'm looking forward to a good binge read!
Camarasaur8 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
I'm not completely up-to-date with the chapters at present, but so far, the story is excellent! Your writing style reminds me of Michael Crichton's in a few ways, as do your ideas and general characterisation. Also, the dinosaurs-on-the-mainland idea so far feels very realistic in terms of the sheer scope of the events-rather than being too similar say, the Rex attack on San Diego in The Lost World, which has often been criticised for being too 'heavy-handed', sublety and building of tension have been used instead, and also address unresolved plot points from the novels. Chapter Nine, "Levine" in particular is very well-written because of how grounded and believable your characterisation of Dr. Richard Levine is. He still has the impetuous, borderline-obsessional streak displayed in TLW, but he also appears to have more mature, even jaded traits that the character is not often associated with (his exasperation with having to run the doll company, and not feeling like he's being taken seriously by people). Instead of going for the easy option and simply exaggerating Levine's most distinctive and famous characteristics, as many fanfic writers basing their story on all kinds of franchises probably often do, it feels like you have added plenty of depth and realism to your portrayal of the character. The same goes for Baxter (a great character if you ask me) and Guitirrez. So yeah, keep writing (and I'll certainly be reading more in the coming weeks!) and keep up the awesome work! Really feels like a real JP novel.
Crimson Clockwork chapter 23 . 10/3/2012
It amazes me that this story only has one review, because it deserves at least two dozen at this point. This is GREAT! I love the style you have, and especially how you worked things into the novel canon. Keep up the good work :D
fangirl 3 chapter 20 . 9/4/2012
I love this!its really good :)