Reviews for Absolution of a Dream
Whale Too Bad chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
Incredibly well written, and I loved the guilt and the hurt scene(s). Only thing I would have liked is if the apologies were slightly expanded, considering the entire story was building up to that point.
Guitar Amateur chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
Reminds me so much of how some people fall away from the church... I am very glad that Peter returned.
ninjafujoshi chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I didn't start crying until Susan's part. Even then I had to think back for a second. I could just imagine her doing that though. But in my mind, her hair was fashioned similar to how it was during their coronation, and she was wearing a thick forest green dress with gold linings.
lizziemarie0529 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This was wonderful!
rodeocat chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Lovely! You did a wonderful job capturing the siblings!
Heliopause chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Very interesting take, to show Peter spiralling down - though for reasons unclear. It's dated in between PC and VDT, and you seem to suggest that both Peter and Susan withdrew immediately after PC - so I guess it's a response to the no-return edict?
You write very vividly, and the closing sentence is particularly moving.
(Minor nit-picky point, but your use of language is so generally good that I thought I'd say it anyway... in formal use, 'brunette' and 'blonde' are feminine; the masculine would be brunet and blond. But, yes, language changes, and is different in different places. And there's a few other words which seem to have maybe come in under the unreliable auspices of spell-check -"The string of explicative that Peter lets loose" is one example! :D)
Starbrow chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Oh wow, I love the idea of Peter falling away and going to a very dark place and being brought back by his family. This was really powerful and shocking and brilliant.

I really wanted to know the reason he was so angry after leaving Narnia - was it because someone else was king or because he couldn't return again? Perhaps I missed a key clue in this reasoning, but knowing it would help explain why he turned to alcohol to forget.

One little pet peeve - I'm not a huge fan of constant "the blonde" and "the brunette" descriptors - I'd rather just use their names. Everytime I read one of those words, it would take me out of the story and make me wince. Names have so much more power...even constant repetitions of their names is no problem and is very consistent with Lewis's style.

Notwithstanding, I loved the feelings this story evoked and was very glad you shared it with us!
MCH chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Well according the film and the book when Lucy saw Aslan at the gorge the other didn't although Edmund backed Lucy up. So your story is to me in keeping with the book and film (don't get me started on that stupid raid on the castle in the film and the way they filmed Peter behavior)

I guess we all have moments of doubt and we need a reminder of what is important. Love the ending about Susan and what she feels and what she finally does " putting all thoughts of games and laughter from her head, for a final time" at least Lucy and mainly Edmund save Peter.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Oh, that was heartbreaking and wonderful and beautiful.

I can't stand it. And yet I can't look away. I'm so glad you gave them a happy ending (except poopie Susan).