Reviews for For Ruby
BelleMorteStatia chapter 12 . 7/13/2013
After reading all 12 Chapters, I have to say this was PHENOMENAL. If I had not known previously this was based off Disc World, It could be just a stand alone original story. That's just how well written this piece was. I insist that you finish this story good Madam and do it the justice that it deserves. :-)

Pax,
Belle Morte
Fawx chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
"...that no good troll, he's thick as a short plank of wood."
The thing about this fic is that you have an absolutely enviable grasp of Pratchettian dialog that seems at first so easy to emulate and yet it's so blasted hard to write genuinely. You write genuinely. I may actually initiate a hug for that alone.
Ija chapter 12 . 1/22/2013
This is genuinely one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. I'm not a sappy kind of person, but I think your narrative it unbelievably sweet. Everyone is beautifully written, even characters like Sybil and Wilikins whom we don't see much of are perfectly in character. Well done for writing this and filling in the gaps between the little windows we see through into Detritus' life. I always thought that he was a woefully underused character, and I reckon this fic just about proves it.
Star Trek's Q's girl friend chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Good chapter, always glad to hear from you, I'm wondering what you are going to do next? I can't wait to find out!
Star Trek's Q's girl friend chapter 11 . 12/23/2012
I can't wait to see what happens, the part were Ruby confronts Mr. Shine was very well done, conflicting emotions etc. I will be interested to see Ruby and Brick's relationship. And whatever happens with Nana. Merry Christmas!
Page-Mistress chapter 11 . 12/22/2012
So Nana is like Old Grandad then?
huidinigirl chapter 11 . 12/22/2012
Really enjoying. Hope you can post more soon. Thanks for writing :-)
MurasakiZetsubou chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Aaw! Excellent spin on Discworld- thanks for writing about a much loved character. We never see Detritus the troll, just Detritus the watchman. Lovely. :)
Star Trek's Q's girl friend chapter 10 . 12/12/2012
Blame Christmas? You need some better excuses. But it was a good chapter, I can't wait to see how Ruby reacts, this was a good tie in to the books. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Elizabeth Bower chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
Apparently Detritus has no defense against Vetinari either. *sigh* I'm gonna love this, aren't I? *holds up Vetinari fan-flag*

Anyway, this was adorable. I think I "Daaawwed!" about a bazillion times. I really love Ruby and Detritus, and honestly, I love the story. I'm really liking Bauxite, and the young Pseudopolis trolls a whole bunch.

Keep writing!
Star Trek's Q's girl friend chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
cute! I can't wait to get a new chapter. Thank-you for updating regularly, it means a lot, lol, I can understand how other trolls would be attracted to Ruby, and that she would only have eyes for Detritus.
Final Cloud chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
I awwed
Elizabeth Bower chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
I loved the last bit with Vimes talking about Vetinari. There should be a BRIEF scene about the two of them arguing over the expense (well, Vimes arguing, the Patrician sitting there mildly amused, of course).

Wonderful chapter. You really got the essence of Detritus I think, and Ruby is just amazing. I love her. Keep writing!
Guest chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Its kind of funny seeing his embarrassment at his medical condition, I know I've felt this at times. The bit about Vetinari not paying for a lost limb was funny, the books really do portray him as that kind of person.
Final Cloud chapter 7 . 11/16/2012
Awesome story. Created a convincing setting, in-depth characters and delivered it all humourously.

Would review again.