Reviews for Constructing Dolls
MJStevie chapter 9 . 3/2
This is the best Hyouka fic I have ever read, even though it made me cry more than I have in a while. Please update soon
lumutness chapter 9 . 2/28
what a great story. Just like another reviewers said, you're good at dechipering their characters. Maybe the flaw was about how long it takes for you to update this. This is the best multichapter fanfic I ever read in Hyouka, you know? :)

The scary thing was, I kinda understand how Satoshi and Houtarou thinks all the time in this fic, so I feel empatethic and a... kinship? I mean for the feelings, not the actions. Don't think too much about what I said.

Which reminds me. You write this realistically, which make me wonder if you based this on personal experiences. It isn't, right?
I really hope you're still alive and kicking so you can finish tis fic and I can put my worry to rest. I still had hope for both boys. :)

cheers,
Moss
Cherilyn chapter 9 . 8/14/2014
I really enjoyed reading this wonderfully written fanfiction. The characters are so in character that I could even picture them in my mind saying the words, easily. I love the plot, it's something different than the usual fluffy themed fanfics I've read before... Dark but with a little bittersweet taste I guess? As a high school student I too understand that it's important to prioritize the things that matter in life. However, if you could find the time I would be more than happy if you could continue this story. I am really interested in Oreki and Satoshi's character development. What is going to happen to Oreki's mind? Will he be able to stand the pressure of withstanding his friend's problems? Such are things that sparked my curiosity. As Chitanda would say, "I'm really curious!"
nyaneko chapter 9 . 7/24/2014
Will satoshi be okay? I'm really worried about him D:
Chii chapter 9 . 5/6/2014
UPDATE THIS DAMN THING I SWEAR IT'S KILLING ME

PLEASE I BEGGG YOUUU

Please.

Don't abandon this forever.

It's beautiful, and I'd hate to see such a great fanfiction go to waste.
Madin456 chapter 9 . 2/14/2014
This story is absolutely amazing. It's all just so realistic and everyone is in character and... wow.
I look forward to the next chapter!
MyCheekMeat chapter 9 . 1/12/2014
Very well written story. Brought tears to my eyes countless times. I am enjoying Hotarou and Satoshi's development through this ( not sure if development is the right word to use here but I don't know how else to phrase this) please update soon- we will all be waiting and looking forward to this until then
DoesItMatter chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
(༎ຶ༎ຶ)

. . .

This writing is beautiful, the story is beautiful, and you portray the characters so realistically.

I really admire you, I am dead serious when I say that I check this fanfiction every day just to see whether another chapter had been released or not.

Please, I beg of you—this is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read—please update soon.

I understand you have a life and you m fith be busy, but if you have any open oppurtunity; please start thinking about the next chapter.

I thank you for writing this, and I will be (im)patiently waiting for the next update.

-A human
ShiShi1108 chapter 9 . 1/3/2014
I was hesitant about reading this at first. When I saw that the two main characters were gonna be Houtarou and Satoshi, I thought this was gonna be a shipping fic. I was delightfully surprised to see this wasn't the case. In my heart, the two boys are best friends, and you portrayed friendship very well. It's not that I hate the pairing - its just that I hate whenever two characters are close friends, they have to be in love to care about each other. You've shown how to characters can love each other without it having to be a relationship. I really enjoyed that. Now, you may actually be pairing them together, and I have taken a different viewpoint on your work. Either is fine, but I've shown my opinion on the matter enough, I guess. (Bros for life)

Plot wise, I think this is definitely the best Hyouka fanfiction out there. The best part about this story is that the events that occur are totally plausible - I can definitely see Satoshi becoming depressed because of the reasons written in here. It is evident in the show that he is disappointed in himself, and he always puts up a bit of a facade. To be honest, when I finished Hyouka, I thought Houtarou and Satoshi had switched "colors". As the anime goes on, the shocking pink Satoshi dulls to a gray, whereas Houtarou is surrounded by pink in the ending. While recovery is going to take time and effort, I hope to see Satoshi gain more self-confidence and sense of self-worth in future chapters. (That is to say if there will be any. I have hope, but...)

Anyways, fantastic work, and I hope to hear more from this story!
AnimangaLoverFE chapter 9 . 12/16/2013
your story is amazing...the plot is so interesting and i really like the new approach of both satoshi and houtarou
Fan of your fic chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
Although I usually don't read stories like this, I decided to give yours a go since it's one of the most popular and praised Hyouka fanfictions. I wasn't dissapointed at all! Usually, Hyouka fanfics are all about romance but this fic is different, it highlights friendship. I love how the relatiosnhip between Oreki and Satoshi has developed and I also like the way you potray Oreki, showing us a more softer and caring side of him. I love the parts where Oreki is trying to help Satoshi and I also like the scenes Oreki shares with the other characters. The only thing that doesn't seem very right with the story is the fact that Satoshi's parents haven't been around evry much. Otherwise it's perfect!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
Very nice story, please continue
Wafflegirl0304 chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
Hi.
I just want to say that I admire you SO MUCH because everyone is so in-character and this is so beautifully-written, and it's just amazing overall. I sympathise with Houtarou. It feels like absolute crap when someone is hurting and you can't just say ANYTHING because you could just break them. It's worse for Houtarou because of his low energy lifestyle, I think. Maybe Satoshi thinks that because of this, he feels Houtarou isnt doing his best to help him. :c cries

This hurts so much because I was watching the OVA this morning and thinking of Satoshi all upset...it's just so painful. He doesn't deserve to feel this way.
ScreamingSilence chapter 9 . 11/10/2013
First, I would like to start off by informing you that I usually don't review stories—while I do take time to read them. However, your story is different. Your talent is astonishing, and I have to admit that I read all 9 chapters in one sitting.

High points, evolving storyline, no rushed moments, wonderful descriptions; all of these elements were included in your writing. I must praise you for succeeding in developing a wonderful plot. All of the Hyouka characters were portrayed wonderfully.

Your story has not disspapointed me, rather it has given me enlightment. The bonds you have created between the characters are wonderful, and their emotions are understood. This story has given great depth to some particular characters, revealing a different side of them.

I would also like to mention that the relationship between Houtarou and Satoshi is astoundingly expressed through your writing. The struggles the characters are going through make the story all the more interesting to read, and leave the reader on edge.

Please continue writing your wonderful stories, and know that your your writing is very much appreciated. I will definitely be looking into your other fanfictions.

Thank you for granting us (the readers) another well-written chapter- and I will be looking forward to the next chapter anxiously.

My praises to Aruchyan.

ScreamingSilence
ReadAllThings chapter 9 . 11/6/2013
This story... Oh my freakin Goodness.
This story so far is has been extremely amazing... I just... Woah.

I have no real criticism. Just that I could not stop reading this because it is so far wonderfully written.

Till then.